Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Let's play - Rep Your City

FlyJ

My city happens to be one of the most popular cities in recent times all thanks to our hardworking governor. We have been allocated a new type of commissioner, Commissioner for happiness and marital fulfilment without an office; long life to marriages without food cos the guy is not paying nah. When people began to ask me ma akpuola m?, that is, have I been moulded?, I knew something was amiss, cos someone no fit walk in peace for road again nah even on the internet

In my place your talents never gets to waste, you might not be paid for it but rest assured you will be noticed and be rewarded accordingly with an erect statue in place. These days our only prayer is that we don't all become statues in 2020. Nevertheless, home is home and I am a proud Imolite, our land of statues.

• Haha 1

• 9 months later...
On 11/21/2017 at 7:39 PM, scarlet said:

Lagos is just an over crowded, over hyped shitty place filled majorly with angry,  useless and poverty stricken Nigerians.  Phew! Bite me .

A year later,  The place is worst.

• 4 months later...
On 11/20/2017 at 3:28 AM, scarlet said:

is a city where cost of living is outrageously expansive

Your annual cost of living is what I pay in a month, but I wouldn't trade wages or the weather 😀 It blew my mind when I saw that you could rent a luxury apartment on the island for around $2k for the year. The property values are very low in comparison. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Michelle said:

rent a luxury apartment on the island for around $2k for the year.

This figure isn't close though... you will need to be very careful with agents online. Be sure to have a Nigerian help out when you are ready to k

From what I know, my company rents for expats annually. I know they pay as much as N10m ($28k) a year for a 3bed service apartment. $2k is barely under a million Naira. You wouldn't event get a 3bed in Yaba for that amount in a year. 

VI and Ikoyi are very highbrow... a BQ on the island goes for as much as N1.5m ($4k) annually.

20 minutes ago, kimi said:

This figure isn't close though... you will need to be very careful with agents online. Be sure to have a Nigerian help out when you are ready to k

From what I know, my company rents for expats annually. I know they pay as much as N10m ($28k) a year for a 3bed service apartment. $2k is barely under a million Naira. You wouldn't event get a 3bed in Yaba for that amount in a year. 

VI and Ikoyi are very highbrow... a BQ on the island goes for as much as N1.5m ($4k) annually.

Ok I would be looking for a nice 1 bedroom.

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

Your annual cost of living is what I pay in a month, but I wouldn't trade wages or the weather 😀 It blew my mind when I saw that you could rent a luxury apartment on the island for around $2k for the year. The property values are very low in comparison. 

But how do you even compare the cost of living of both countries with such economic disparities (economic growth, development and per capital income) 

If our annual cost of living measure up to you what you have in your country then Nigeria won't be considered a third world country na

4 hours ago, Michelle said:

Ok I would be looking for a nice 1 bedroom.

Still budget 3-4k. And when people tell you "island" you have to tell them to be specific. VI na island. So is Ogombo 😆 so yeah like Kimi said, make sure you ask for a Nigerians help when house hunting.

3 hours ago, Hawken said:

Still budget 3-4k. And when people tell you "island" you have to tell them to be specific. VI na island. So is Ogombo 😆 so yeah like Kimi said, make sure you ask for a Nigerians help when house hunting.

Will do 👍🏼