Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

At Crossroads

Guest Stow

Hello house. I am a verified member and I come online once in a while. I met someone online a few months back and we instantly felt a connection. We then took it offline and kept chatting. The attraction got stronger. At this time we had not exchanged pictures. We finally did and she wasn't quite what I expected. Now I don't know what to do because she isn't really my type but I really care about her. I don't want her to get hurt either because with time it may show that I settled. What do I do? What reason do I give her. It's been a headache for me. Thanks

Guest Megamind

Wow.... this is such a sticky situation. 

8 minutes ago, Guest Stow said:

Now I don't know what to do because she isn't really my type but I really care about her.

I'm glad about the words in bold. Those are the magic words. My advise is that you let her go to spare her the hurt. The longer you stay, the more difficult it gets because her affection for you would have deepened.

On the words to say... mehn, I don't know. Is there ever an easy way to end something? Hopefully someone comes up with a line that would work and not cause much damage.

Thanks for sharing your story

Guest Blackychan

U are still spoke oyibo. The problem never hook u be that.

See stow, the girl too might have see your own pic too and hiss, in her mind too, you are not her type. But she sef don't know how to tell you and she pretend that she still like you, because she no won hurted you.

My own is, one of you should grow pubic hair and be bold. Tell her you don't likes her and you should be friend. She wee nur cry. She wee happy and move on. 

Next time, ask of pinshur immediately u add person. As for me o, I can chop anything. Pucci no dey get face, all is the same.

E be like say I know the person wey type that story. If she no be your type, free am na. Why you dey put am ontop scale na? Just let am go make she sef go find her type.

3 hours ago, Guest Blackychan said:

U are still spoke oyibo. The problem never hook u be that.

See stow, the girl too might have see your own pic too and hiss, in her mind too, you are not her type. But she sef don't know how to tell you and she pretend that she still like you, because she no won hurted you.

My own is, one of you should grow pubic hair and be bold. Tell her you don't likes her and you should be friend. She wee nur cry. She wee happy and move on. 

Next time, ask of pinshur immediately u add person. As for me o, I can chop anything. Pucci no dey get face, all is the same.

Hahaha na true o the other girl sef heart go don break after seeing your picture. She too no fit yarn you the truth. 

Either of you should grow public hair and face the other with the truth jare make we see road. Nonsense and not my type. 

Guest Blackychan
1 hour ago, Guest Bress said:

HahahaHah na true o the other girl sef heart go don break after seeing your picture. She too no fit yarn you the truth. 

Either of you should grow public hair and face the other with the truth jare make we see road. Nonsense and not my type. 

This one you are vex like this, Ha U the gel? Don't vex you hear, if she nor like You, me I like you

Guest mamalet

Hmmm...

Maybe u should just tell her the same way u told us. Explain to her that you really care about her and you really feel something for her but she isn't really your type and that you like her too much to experiment with her feelings by going deeper with her knowing it might later show u settled etc. From her response, guess u wee know what next to say.

Next time sha, try to always ask for pictures early so you don't keep investing wrongly. 

Come back and give us feed back of what happened oh

Guest Geestring
6 hours ago, Guest Stow said:

Hello house. I am a verified member and I come online once in a while. I met someone online a few months back and we instantly felt a connection. We then took it offline and kept chatting. The attraction got stronger. At this time we had not exchanged pictures. We finally did and she wasn't quite what I expected. Now I don't know what to do because she isn't really my type but I really care about her. I don't want her to get hurt either because with time it may show that I settled. What do I do? What reason do I give her. It's been a headache for me. Thanks

You don't judge a book by its cover, it's sad you chose to settle for looks rather than content.  Looks means nothing when content is good, and otherwise.  Since you are uninterested,  tell her politely, and walk away.  I pray she'd meet someone else who'd love her type and appreciate her content better.  You're undeserving of her in the first place.  Wish you both good luck. 

Guest Blackychan
1 hour ago, Guest Geestring said:

You don't judge a book by its cover, it's sad you chose to settle for looks rather than content.  Looks means nothing when content is good, and otherwise.  Since you are uninterested,  tell her politely, and walk away.  I pray she'd meet someone else who'd love her type and appreciate her content better.  You're undeserving of her in the first place.  Wish you both good luck. 

Don't Answer them. They wee bee look For slay Queen, That one with Fake Head, Fake Yansh And Fake Intunition. Anyway O, e good. Heart Break Don dey call Am

1 hour ago, Guest Blackychan said:

This one you are vex like this, Ha U the gel? Don't vex you hear, if she nor like You, me I like you

Me? Tufia! Fine oteku like me. Na too much happiness go kill Stow if she see my picture. Blacky I like you too but I get girlfriend o 

Guest Blackychan
20 minutes ago, Guest Bress said:

Me? Tufia! Fine oteku like me. Na too much happiness go kill Stow if she see my picture. Blacky I like you too but I get girlfriend o 

Me Too I get one geh wey I dey manage till my crunch Replied me. Nobody know us o, your geh Frend wee nur know. We Liked ourseF so...

3 hours ago, Guest Bress said:

Hahaha na true o the other girl sef heart go don break after seeing your picture. She too no fit yarn you the truth. 

Hahahahahaha... The laugh no gree stop o. 

I like that guests can make contributions here. If only I could express this same laugh at other funny things said on other forums.

22 hours ago, Guest Stow said:

You feel guilty. It's a good sign that you're reasonable, empathetic and not out to mess around. Know that when meeting someone online, there are no conditions that you must like them. If you do, it's a plus.

Then again...pictures sometimes lie. Give it at least one date before you decide. If afterwards feelings remain same, whatever you do, don't give the silent treatment. Tell her you won't be taking things further. Better to err on the side of honesty and get it over with than waste both your time. 

22 hours ago, Guest Geestring said:

You dey single? Make we marry.

21 hours ago, Guest Blackychan said:

Don't Answer them. They wee bee look For slay Queen, That one with Fake Head, Fake Yansh And Fake Intunition. Anyway O, e good. Heart Break Don dey call Am

Slay queen = slay wahala.