Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

PLEASE, I NEED HELP ON THIS!

MENA

I have been having this experience in the new church l just started  attending.

There is this particular female ursher that always say to me you look beautiful like every other Sunday.

Even when she is not in my path when entering the church, some where in between the service, she comes to me at my sit, and say softly in my ears that you look beautiful today even during service yesterday.

So yesterday really got my attention on that act.

what does that suppose to mean?  Is she at something?

6 minutes ago, MENA said:

Is she at something?

I think the best way to know is to ask her. 🙅

She came and whispered it into your ear? This definitely means something. If she interest you, you could get to know her, engage her in a conversation. Say like after service next Sunday, you could stay back and talk to her. Through the conversation, you could look out for clues that could suggest that she may like you in that particular way.

If not, then don't let it bother you. When next she says you look beautiful, smile and say thank you.

Signed: Rachel

You never can tell o. So just play cool, say your thank you.

Chit chat with her, be friends and let things happen naturally.

But aunty Mena, shey you find girl enter church ni? Baddest. Hehehe:597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1:

It's a tricky one, seeing it's in the church. 

She could just be paying you a genuine compliment, Just trying to make you comfortable in the church seeing as you are new and all.. 

Or, on the other hand, it might be she really likes you and wants to be your friend, and paying you compliments is one sure way of striking up a conversation with you. 

Now, question is, do you like her? If you do, I don't think there is any harm in giving her that come-hither smile.and you can always strike up a convo with her after church services.

Now, whether she is gay or not, it's something you'd have to rely on your gaydar for. 

If you don't like her for a friend, you can always be polite by smiling and saying thank you, when she pays you compliments.she'd tire out eventually if she isn't getting a good vibe from you. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Rachel said:

She came and whispered it into your ear? This definitely means something. If she interest you, you could get to know her, engage her in a conversation. Say like after service next Sunday, you could stay back and talk to her. Through the conversation, you could look out for clues that could suggest that she may like you in that particular way.

If not, then don't let it bother you. When next she says you look beautiful, smile and say thank you.

I couldn't have said it any better myself... 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Teewhy said:

Chaiiiiii, see advices flying upandan. Awon maami ooo, eyan gaydar. I throway salute.

Hahahahaha. Why are you like this

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Teewhy said:

Chaiiiiii, see advices flying upandan. Awon maami ooo, eyan gaydar. I throway salute.

Hahahahaha. Why are you like this😁

2 hours ago, Teewhy said:

Hahahaha!

Dear Agony Aunt stuff.. :597f839311844_tw_grin1:

6 hours ago, Rachel said:

Thanks l really do appreciate :597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ivyy said:

It's a tricky one, seeing it's in the church. 

She could just be paying you a genuine compliment,

Thanks @Ivyy 

l am not really new as in new. I guess l have been attending the church for like two months plus now.

There's this particular Sunday, l was sitting on the second sit in the row and there's was a woman on the first site.

Then she came from behind in between us and said to me, you look beautiful and l smiled and said thank you, then she walked away.

The woman turned back immediately and looked at her then turned to me but l keep a straight face as l didn't see her reaction.

But l did really somehow felt embarrassed.

6 hours ago, vina said:

But aunty Mena, shey you find girl enter church ni? Baddest. Hehehe:597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1:

Vina no o. I dey my own o. mi nor understand o, na make me bring em to NL world. :597f839311844_tw_grin1:

l dey spiritual moment o :597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1:

1 hour ago, MENA said:

Thanks @Ivyy 

l am not really new as in new. I guess l have been attending the church for like two months plus now.

There's this particular Sunday, l was sitting on the second sit in the row and there's was a woman on the first site.

Then she came from behind in between us and said to me, you look beautiful and l smiled and said thank you, then she walked away.

The woman turned back immediately and looked at her then turned to me but l keep a straight face as l didn't see her reaction.

But l did really somehow felt embarrassed.

Awww..

She sounds like a warm person.dont be embarrassed.Always give her a sweet smile.. 

• 1 year later...
On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 2:22 AM, MENA said:

I have been having this experience in the new church l just started  attending.

There is this particular female ursher that always say to me you look beautiful like every other Sunday.

Even when she is not in my path when entering the church, some where in between the service, she comes to me at my sit, and say softly in my ears that you look beautiful today even during service yesterday.

So yesterday really got my attention on that act.

what does that suppose to mean?  Is she at something?

You should know by now. Tell it o

• Haha 1