Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

First Dates...

Txunamy

Hello Girls.. 

So you just met someone, you have been chatting, spending long hours on phone and all.. 

And you feel it's time you both go on a date. 

Where do you consider appropriate for a first date? 

Movies, theatre performance, bar, fast food, beach, live band, musical Concert, karaoke?

I once met someone, and we couldn't decide on where to go, cos I asked if she'd like to go see a movie, she said she doesn't do movies on a first date. I asked to go to a lounge or the beach,  she turned that down also. She wanted to go to a fast food, and boy! I hate fast foods. But we finally settled for that. 

Ever had trouble on choosing a place to go to on a first date? Are there places you'd consider inappropriate for a first date? If your date suggests somewhere you don't like, would you turn it down, and suggest a place of your choice, or would you go grudgingly and pretend to be happy?

I think anywhere that's noisy should be ruled out for a first date or else neither party would get any word in and that includes movies, theatre, live band, musical concerts etc.

A bar might not be a bad idea depending on the kind of bar it is and what time the date is.

I don't think I have ever had trouble  choosing a place for a first date. There are way too many places to choose from in Lagos. 

Personally, I prefer restaurants or cafes. 

If it's a place I don't like, I would suggest other places but if she insists, I would accept it but let her know it's not my ideal place so she doesn't think that's my scene. This is if I like her and hope to go on more dates. 

• Upvote 1

Dates Ke? First date is my house or yours, after I sample the goods I will know if it's worth my time.

If you cannot come and let me sample then forget it. Hehehehe. I'm not a romantic abeg.

54 minutes ago, Damiee said:

I think anywhere that's noisy should be ruled out for a first date or else neither party would get any word in and that includes movies, theatre, live band, musical concerts etc.

A bar might not be a bad idea depending on the kind of bar it is and what time the date is.

I don't think I have ever had trouble  choosing a place for a first date. There are way too many places to choose from in Lagos. 

Personally, I prefer restaurants or cafes. 

If it's a place I don't like, I would suggest other places but if she insists, I would accept it but let her know it's not my ideal place so she doesn't think that's my scene. This is if I like her and hope to go on more dates. 

Same here, I prefer restaurants(not fast food) and cafés too.. 

I like to do movies sometimes, cos I like going to the movies, and I feel the box office is a nice place to have a conversation, while waiting for the movie. 

I also like some bar/lounges, cos of the ambience and the music. (not the loud kind) 

Anywhere I can have comfortable silence, is okay by me. 

16 minutes ago, vina said:

Dates Ke? First date is my house or yours, after I sample the goods I will know if it's worth my time.

If you cannot come and let me sample then forget it. Hehehehe. I'm not a romantic abeg.

Oh brother!

What a downer!

I have never gone to anyone's House on a first date..wont that be super awkward? 

Twale for you Vina!:597f839311844_tw_grin1:

24 minutes ago, Ivyy said:

Oh brother!

Of what a downer!

I have never gone to anyone's House on a first date..wont that be super awkward? 

Twale for you Vina!:597f839311844_tw_grin1:

We must do the do first Nw. Lol.

Well if you insist we could do any Thing at All. I would leave It to my date Because I'm pretty Flexible And Can have Fun Any Way.

We would definitely have Drinks though, this would looseN Us and set the mood for the rest of the evening. The do go sweet well.:597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1:

53 minutes ago, Ivyy said:

Same here, I prefer restaurants(not fast food) and cafés too.. 

I like to do movies sometimes, cos I like going to the movies, and I feel the box office is a nice place to have a conversation, while waiting for the movie. 

I also like some bar/lounges, cos of the ambience and the music. (not the loud kind) 

Anywhere I can have comfortable silence, is okay by me. 

Hi5 🖐🏾, completely agree

39 minutes ago, vina said:

We must do the do first Nw. Lol.

Well if you insist we could do any Thing at All. I would leave It to my date Because I'm pretty Flexible And Can have Fun Any Way.

We would definitely have Drinks though, this would looseN Us and set the mood for the rest of the evening. The do go sweet well.:597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1:

:597f839311844_tw_grin1:

What is 'the do'  though? 

First date, l prefer a little bit of silence environment bcos is till the getting to know you stage, a place where we can discuss without strain and where l can pay attention to you body language as we talk without too much onlookers.

3 hours ago, MENA said:

First date, l prefer a little bit of silence environment bcos is till the getting to know you stage, a place where we can discuss without strain and where l can pay attention to you body language as we talk without too much onlookers.

Yeah.. 

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators
11 minutes ago, Damiee said:

This is actually a perfect date. 

Purlese!! Now her head is going to grow to the size of the moon. Lol