Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Sexy Silence (Novella)

VINA

• 4 weeks later...

KC went to the bar everyday for the next one week. She became frustrated when she didn't come across the other woman. She went from desire, to lust, to anger and anger seemed to be the predominant feeling for her in the end.

She would enter the bar, find a spot and sip her drink. Turning down a ton of women who tried to pick her up. It was funny that since that encounter with Sunny, she had no desire to bind her breasts anymore. She definitely felt more feminine, definitely sexy and the looks on Sunny's face on seeing her breasts was forever etched in her mind.

The effect of feeling more feminine, and taking off her breast binder was more attention. Girls dropped dead right beneath her feet anytime they saw her. They were also bold enough to walk up to her and request for a date and the most brazen of them even went as far as suggesting a night in the sack. This was what she had wanted to do, f***k, f***k f***k. f***k Katie out of her system but now it was too late. She couldn't bear to touch anyone that wasn't Sunny.

The following week, Kc's anger turned to frustration and it was in that frustration that she started to paint. She set up her tools and dived into painting the biggest piece she had ever attempted.

She was in a frenzy, a ball of frustration and the only way to let out these feelings and not let it consume her was to pour it into the large canvas before her.

She worked non stop for hours, only stopping to eat, drink or freshen up. By the time a week passed, she put finishing touches to the painting and covered it up with a large cloth, never to be opened again.

When the time was right, if she felt confident enough, she would call her sales agent and see if she could get a good sale for the piece of art.

The next Friday, KC took a walk to the bar as usual. She was on a chat with her sales agent. The response has been more than what she expected. On seeing the enormous Painting through a picture that KC had sent, Amy called her immediately and she had nothing but praises and high hopes that she could get a great deal for this painting.

Amy started to make contacts and was giving KC an update with the progress. A lot of people seemed to be interested but a particular New York art collector was offering a whooping ten grand but Amy was thinking there could be better offers.

KC was getting wet just thinking of how much money she could make from this painting. She didn't want it hanging in her house because of the memories it brought.

She was smiling and texting furiously on her phone when a sweet Vanilla scent hit her. She turned her head to the source and saw a well endowed brunette grinning down at her.

"Hey, I couldn't help it. May I join you?" The dimpled beauty asked and KC nodded in the affirmative.

It was unusual for her to accept any advances but that night was such a great one and what could go wrong with hanging out with another woman?

The woman introduced herself as 'Sophie' and she proved to be good company.

"I'll go get us some drinks," she said giggling to something KC had said.

"Oh no! Please, let me. I'm celebrating a huge sale. I'll get it." KC said reaching for her wallet.

"You'll get the next round, this one is on me," Sophie said strictly and went ahead to get more  drinks.

The women talked about themselves as the alcohol  loosened their tongues. There were lots of laughs and howling as they both forgot time and where they were.

Something in the air changed about an hour later. Instinctively, KC looked to the door and her eyes met and held with that of Sunny. KC froze and drank in the beauty that was the tall, intimidating woman with piercing eyes.
Next thing she knew, warm wet lips was plastered on hers in a form of greeting that KC imagined she could never tire of.

Sophie stared in disbelief and disbelief quickly morphed into anger.
"I'm sorry, I didn't know you two were together," she said standing up in shame with drink in hand.
When she regained consciousness, KC willed the ground to open and swallow her. Why had sunny pulled a stupid trick like this one? Why was she marking a territory that wasn't even defined.

KC felt bad for Sophie and was trying to go talk to her when she caught a glimpse of her leaving the bar. Phew! That was intense.

The butch woman sat down in a thud and turned her gaze to the object of her anger.

"You shouldn't have done that. You can't just waltzed into my life any time you want."

"I'm sorry," Sunny said simply without any remorse.

They both looked at eachother for a long time, both unflinching without any need to hide. Despite the negative emotions permeating the air, they still both wanted eachother.

KC was the first to break the eye contact.
"Where have you been?"

"Work," the other woman replied simply.

KC stood to go get them drinks. She dropped the glass of 'sex on the beach' unceremoniously in front of Sunny who was staring deeply into her eyes.

"Why were you so happy?" Sunny asked.

KC thought hard on it before answering. She rambled on about how she used to be a great artist with a large portfolio of paintings until she met Katie at one of her gallery showings. She should have known that katie was bad for her when she couldn't paint any longer. She had just lost all of her creative juices, just poof! Gone into the air.