Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Leaving the Past Behind

kimi

• Moderators

Hey girls,

How would you suggest I cut-off from someone who I have known for about a decade?

Background: she is a former church member who I was quite close to solely because we served in the same department (in church). I left the church when I decided to live true to myself, follow the path that I chose for me and start afresh. The rest is history.

Now she whatsapps me occasionally. She just did again. 

How I do I break off completely without being mean?

My tactic has been to delay responses. Dunno... 

Help😐

Why do you want to cut her off completely? 

Personally, I don't cut people off except you have been really been rude to me. 

I cut people off in my head and heart, but on social media? I leave you where you are.(it's cos I feel a Lil bad afterwards) If you send me messages and I don't reply, it's cos I want you to get the hint and move on.. 

The sound of silence can be ear piercing, and earth shattering.just give it time..in my opinion, you can't break off without coming off as mean, so just let her be..

Or whenever she sends you a message, whatever the content is, reply the message with, Bless you sister. Trust me, it would be over before you know it.. 

Okay, don't trust me on that. But it's just my advice:597f839311844_tw_grin1:

• Moderators

Hahahaha. As always, you've delivered another lovely response. 

I am done with church people who judge or make you feel less for not being married. I left that life behind me... 

I want to be happy and free... having her in my personal space would be toxic to me at this point in my journey is why I want to cut off completely 

9 minutes ago, kimi said:

Hahaha. No I'm not. Do I come across as one?

Yes you do.. 

You come across  as being naughty,  yet,  conservative.. 

@kimi Sometimes being mean is okay. Take care of you first :)

I have cut off a lot of people and have been happier as a result. A couple of people have also cut me off and at first I was a little upset (who doesn't get along with awesome me) but I eventually got over it. We meet and we are cordial with no animosity. I pray she is adult enough and acts accordingly. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:21 AM, kimi said:

Hey girls,

How would you suggest I cut-off from someone who I have known for about a decade?

Background: she is a former church member who I was quite close to solely because we served in the same department (in church). I left the church when I decided to live true to myself, follow the path that I chose for me and start afresh. The rest is history.

Now she whatsapps me occasionally. She just did again. 

How I do I break off completely without being mean?

My tactic has been to delay responses. Dunno... 

Help😐

So did you axe the church lady? 😀