Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

The difference between Nigeria and Naija - Atiku Abubakar

FlyJ

• Administrators

lXHYw5du.jpg

In his open letter to comedian I Go Dye which was published yesterday, Atiku Abubakar disclosed the difference between Nigeria and Naija. He wrote

'I tell people my age that to understand young Nigerians, we need to understand the difference between Nigeria and Naija. Naija embodies the hopes and dreams of young Nigerians, the country they love and long to go home to when they are abroad. Naija is the country that brings them pride in music, film, comedy, fashion, and technology. It is the country of Wiz Kid, Asa, David O, Tuface, the Olympic bobsled team, Iwobi and Don Jazzy Again. Nigeria on the other hand, is the country of their parents, the country where leaders are constantly failing them, of Boko Haram, of herdsmen violence, of recessions and joblessness. Our young people need us to make our country live up to the aspirations of Naija by fixing the problems associated with Nigeria'

Ladies, do you agree with his definition?

Source

• Like 1

• Moderators

I couldn't have said it better. Spot on!

6 hours ago, FlyJ said:

Naija embodies the hopes and dreams of young Nigerians, the country they love and long to go home to when they are abroad. Naija is the country that brings them pride in music, film, comedy, fashion, and technology.

I concur 200% 

Bullshit! What this shows us is that Atiku has a great media team. Always commenting on all the right topics and at the right time. But the fact still remains that THEY ARE ALL THIEVES!! ALL CORRUPT!! A to Z!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2017 at 6:12 PM, Hawken said:

Bullshit! What this shows us is that Atiku has a great media team. Always commenting on all the right topics and at the right time. But the fact still remains that THEY ARE ALL THIEVES!! ALL CORRUPT!! A to Z!!

Big thieves. After teaching us how to sing “we are the leaders of tomorrow”. Mtchew 

9 hours ago, fairy said:

Big thieves. After teaching us how to sing “we are the leaders of tomorrow”. Mtchew 

In this case, I don't think there's tomorrow. The tomorrow never reach.