Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

dequeen

Do you think you fit properly into the available labels? Have your labels changed over the years? Have your labels affected who you love? What are your thoughts on labelling? Have you ever been mislabelled? If yes, what did you do about it? 

Some people like to be labeled cos they want to fit in, but that ain't really necessary sometimes. Just be you.. I don't like being labeled but that's just me cos fitting in a group is usually no big deal cos I manage well on my own.

• Like 1

I don't mind labelling but in my experience, labels are quite misguiding. I do not fit into any of the available labels (funny because for most of my life, I thought I did), labels have never affected who I love or hangout with and yes I have been mislabelled by almost everyone that knows me. My reaction? Simple, I pack my bags and move, not literally of course, if we're in a relationship, I end it. If we hangout, I just become scarce.

27 minutes ago, dequeen said:

I don't mind labelling but in my experience, labels are quite misguiding. I do not fit into any of the available labels (funny because for most of my life, I thought I did), labels have never affected who I love or hangout with and yes I have been mislabelled by almost everyone that knows me. My reaction? Simple, I pack my bags and move, not literally of course, if we're in a relationship, I end it. If we hangout, I just become scarce.

Is it so bad that you will quit your relationship because of it?

16 minutes ago, Dipblusea said:

Is it so bad that you will quit your relationship because of it?

When a person labels me wrongly, in my mind that means they have a different ideal from who I really am and it's just stressful for me to live up to the ideal they want.

4 minutes ago, dequeen said:

When a person labels me wrongly, in my mind that means they have a different ideal from who I really am and it's just stressful for me to live up to the ideal they want.

Right. I think I understand you now. It's hard to live up to people's expectations. People should be loved for who they are and not what is expected of them, I believe in this case you are not alone, many feel same way too.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Prior to now, I had always been a labels girl. Lol. It just sort of made life/dating easier. You know your 'type' and you filter off easily who isn't. 

More recently, I'm doing away with labels. Apparently, it's a continuous process. Lol. I work at not making it matter as much anymore. Truth is, this paradigm shift has changed the way I love. Now, I don't expect to be worshipped as much these days. Lol. Jokes o..

I no more think in terms of roles and what expectations are had of me. I also now allow myself just be a woman. To love and experience love without boundaries :597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1:

6 hours ago, dequeen said:

You know you can just correct them right? Its not like our expectations are set in stone or something.

14 minutes ago, kimi said:

Prior to now, I had always been a labels girl. Lol. It just sort of made life/dating easier. You know your 'type' and you filter off easily who isn't. 

More recently, I'm doing away with labels. Apparently, it's a continuous process. Lol. I work at not making it matter as much anymore. Truth is, this paradigm shift has changed the way I love. Now, I don't expect to be worshipped as much these days. Lol. Jokes o..

I no more think in terms of roles and what expectations are had of me. I also now allow myself just be a woman. To love and experience love without boundaries :597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1:

I've been such a huge influence, you should thank me for this love every day 😄 Yep, thank me and make me breakfast everyday 😄😄

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Hawken said:

I've been such a huge influence, you should thank me for this love every day 😄 Yep, thank me and make me breakfast everyday 😄😄

Hahahaha. Yes baby. It was all you... :597f83b8c5030_tw_love1:

13 hours ago, Hawken said:

You know you can just correct them right? Its not like our expectations are set in stone or something.

I know, right? Lazy ass that I am maybe I'll procrastinate on that a while longer. 

10 minutes ago, Ivyy said:

Labels are confusing.. 

Can't we all thrive without labels? 

Arrrghhh!

Hahaha! My sentiments exactly until I realised society thrives on labels. Girl, boy, man, woman, teen, twent, adult, child, toddler, adolescent, twink, wife, concubine, girlfriend, sidekick,  etc. :597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1:

12 minutes ago, dequeen said:

Hahaha! My sentiments exactly until I realised society thrives on labels. Girl, boy, man, woman, teen, twent, adult, child, toddler, adolescent, twink, wife, concubine, girlfriend, sidekick,  etc. :597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1:

:597f839311844_tw_grin1:

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2018 at 7:03 PM, scarlet said:

The whole labeling thing bothers me alot, like cant I eat p**sy and be eaten in peace? 

By all means, whoever stops a healthy meal should be labelled something TBH!!.lol

• Haha 1