Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Just wondering..

Dipbluesae

I noticed something online, but I always hear people say it though, like how it doesn't make sense to date your friend's ex and all that.

Is it really not okay to date a friend's ex and why is that?

I don't really think I would be sad to know my friend is dating my ex, as for dating someone's ex, I don't really know if I would or not. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, DipBluSae said:

I don't really think I would be sad to know my friend is dating my ex, as for dating someone's ex, I don't really know if I would or not. 

Well... just like you, I won't take offence or think anything to it if a friend of mine dates my ex. I'll be more than eager with tips and professional advise for her. Help her win more like. Yes, I know. I'm an angel :597f83a10c1b1_tw_innocent1::597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1: Lol

...but personally, It's not my thing. Lol. I won't. There are lots of women out there...

1 minute ago, kimi said:

Well... just like you, I won't take offence or think anything to it if a friend of mine dates my ex. I'll be more than eager with tips and professional advise for her. Help her win more like. Yes, I know. I'm an angel :597f83a10c1b1_tw_innocent1::597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1: Lol

...but personally, It's not my thing. Lol. I won't. There are lots of women out there...

Yea.. this is good. Thanks for contribution Kimi

My friend can date my ex. I won't find it offensive in the least. Heck, I'd even introduce them if she wants.

For me though, I can't. Unless of course I don't know. I'd like to bask in that ignorance forever 😁

41 minutes ago, kimi said:

I'll be more than eager with tips and professional advise for her. Help her win more like

Lol I'd like to advise this friend to be wary of this help.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Damiee said:

Lol I'd like to advise this friend to be wary of this help.

Hahahahaha :597f82853fcf9_tw_flushed1::597f825672f73_tw_confused1::597f81dfa7900_tw_angry1::597f838f111a3_tw_grimace1:

21 minutes ago, Damiee said:

I'd like to bask in that ignorance forever 😁

Hahahaha ....this ain't gonna happen. I will be here, constantly reminding you:597f81dfa7900_tw_angry1::597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1:

A "friend ex" is a person first, like every other person who's an ex to other person's and distance friends. So?  Considerably,  I'd  say the lesbian community comprises comparatively of very  little number of queer women,  the chances that we date other person's exes are not left out, it a recycling circle whether we admit to it or not.  I was an ex to some distance friend of my girlfriend,  maybe. and it's no big deal. relationship between her and my friend might not have work out,  doesn't sum up as same with me.  Personality /individuality differs.  and I am of the opinon that anybody could be involved with anyone inspite of who they have been with in the past, any good friend who have me at heart would support my decision, and everyone is happy.  Life isnt that hard.  We make it hard with baseless restrictions . Toor

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, scarlet said:

A "friend ex" is a person first like everyone other person who's an ex to other person's and distance friends. So?  Considerably,  I'd  say the lesbian community comprises comparatively  little number of  queer women,  the chances that we date other person's exes are not left out, it a recycling circle whether we admit to it or not.  I was an ex to some distance friend of my girlfriend,  maybe and it's no big deal. relationship between her and my friend did not work out,  doesn't sum up as same with me.  Personality /individuality differs.  and I am of the opinon that anybody could be involved with anyone inspite of who they have been with in the past, any good friend who have me at heart would support my decision, and everyone is happy.  Life isnt that hard.  We make it hard with baseless restrictions . Toor

I concur

Where relationships are concerned, going out with one of your friend's ex is, whichever way you look at it, wrong. I’m sorry, but there’s no way I can hide my unshakable, moral compass on this one – it’s weird and wrong and awful for a number of valid reasons.

Friendships have certain elements that mesh together to solidify a bond. Being honest, showing respect, and having trust in one another is the key trinity to BFFs.
Dating their ex undermines the latter two, bringing a sense of perfidy,which in my opinion is not worth it.

Eventhough the lesbian community is relatively small ..there are still a lot of women to go around...Why must I date their ex or why must they date mine?

2 minutes ago, Phegore said:

Where relationships are concerned, going out with one of your friend's ex is, whichever way you look at it, wrong. I’m sorry, but there’s no way I can hide my unshakable, moral compass on this one – it’s weird and wrong and awful for a number of valid reasons.

Friendships have certain elements that mesh together to solidify a bond. Being honest, showing respect, and having trust in one another is the key trinity to BFFs.
Dating their ex undermines the latter two, bringing a sense of perfidy,which in my opinion is not worth it.

Eventhough the lesbian community is relatively small ..there are still a lot of women to go around...Why must I date their ex or why must they date mine?

Good point.

First off, it depends on the relationship I had with the ex or my besty has with her ex.

Most times in the lez community, we tend to have just sex and if she and besty had a fling in the past then it's not going to look so bad and besty wouldn't think anything of it.

On the other hand, full blown ex as in dated for years, were in love, wanted to get married, love birds stuff then no no no. I wouldn't ever do that.

Let the love I have for her kuku kill me instead.

7 minutes ago, vina said:

First off, it depends on the relationship I had with the ex or my besty has with her ex.

Most times in the lez community, we tend to have just sex and if she and besty had a fling in the past then it's not going to look so bad and besty wouldn't think anything of it.

On the other hand, full blown ex as in dated for years, were in love, wanted to get married, love birds stuff then no no no. I wouldn't ever do that.

😂😂😂😂😂@ let the love I have for her kuku kill me ...u re just a clown.

1 hour ago, Phegore said:

This is it. 

I feel like I wrote this. You spoke(wrote)my mind. 

I have an overactive imagination.i'd just keep comparing and comparing..

No sir. 

• 11 months later...

I wouldn't. It would be beyond weird. I don't even want to meet a girlfriend through my friends. That's how separate I like to keep friends and lovers.

As for my friend dating my ex, it would cause me to reevaluate our friendship.

On 1/16/2018 at 4:39 PM, scarlet said:

A "friend ex" is a person first, like every other person who's an ex to other person's and distance friends. So?  Considerably,  I'd  say the lesbian community comprises comparatively of very  little number of queer women,  the chances that we date other person's exes are not left out, it a recycling circle whether we admit to it or not.  I was an ex to some distance friend of my girlfriend,  maybe. and it's no big deal. relationship between her and my friend might not have work out,  doesn't sum up as same with me.  Personality /individuality differs.  and I am of the opinon that anybody could be involved with anyone inspite of who they have been with in the past, any good friend who have me at heart would support my decision, and everyone is happy.  Life isnt that hard.  We make it hard with baseless restrictions . Toor

too much sense my sister...... 

On 1/16/2018 at 5:30 PM, Blakky said:

I like that phrase... In the lezby community most times we tend to just have sex.  Hardfact#...  

Hard truth,  the society don't allow u to express Love, you can't just hold hands,  hold waist, do all the PDAs you will want to do to a woman u love.  It's not a girl, guy relationship where you are free to do as you pleased.  We are in the hiding most of the things we do is in the secret, you hang out with the woman you love and you have to be mindful how u show your affection because u don't want people to start thinking you are a lesbians. The only thing we do is sex. 

If I can't date my friends ex....  Not sure...  Why will I want to enter where my friend have entered....

Lolzzzz.... Just kidding

Love happens in strange places.. Why not!