Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

What's Priority?

kimi

• Moderators

Hey Ladies...

If there could only be one first, second or third place, how would these rank?

Work, Relationship, Family

let's assume you're in relationship leading somewhere

PS -- family represents the one you grew up in.

Work comes first, for me anyday anytime. 

Being in a "relationship with the one" and  there are difficulties  in affording basics needs  would  make the whole thing  go sour, no matter the lovey -dopeyness. So?  Lemme make money so we can both enjoy our relationship together.  then family,  before relationship. But if I happen to marry the "one" ,  automatically she's my family now  and the family I grew up with  comes last. But if it's a mere relationship,  than I'd choose the latter,  girlfriend would get up and walk away someday, family always stays.

• Like 2

For me it's ; 

1. Work 

2. Family

3. Relationship

My work is my life's purpose, I go days without sleep for my work, my work defines me to a large extent. It's my Nirvana.

I work so I can earn money to take care of my family. I work so I can make my family happy. If I am happy and they are happy, all is well with the world.

Relationship for me is tricky because I have made up my mind that my next girlfriend will be wifey so I tend to just jumble her up with my family and our kids. However, my parents come before her and if I work hard and we have more than enough, who cares what their number on my priority list is? Everyone gets taken care of and that's what matters. 

• Moderators

Thanks ladies! These are very interesting responses.

Relationship

Work

Family

Priorities for me doesn't mean the neglect of the others. You see, I will always love family (and would certainly play my part) also, I can't help but give my best to my work, ensuring I am well aligned to get to the zenith.

...but more importantly In all of these is the woman who I believe is the one. She comes first. 

I'm a major lovergirl... a true romantic. Lol

50 minutes ago, kimi said:

Relationship

Work

Family

Priorities for me doesn't mean the neglect of the others. You see, I will always love family (and would certainly play my part) also, I can't help but give my best to my work, ensuring I am well aligned to get to the zenith.

...but more importantly In all of these is the woman who I believe is the one. She comes first. 

Awww.. 

*sniffs*

*wipes tears*

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kimi said:

Relationship

Work

Family

Awwwwww. Let us know when it’s time so we can buy NL aso ebi lol. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Damiee said:

Awwwwww. Let us know when it’s time so we can buy NL aso ebi lol. 

Hahahaha. Sure thing!

#StrangeButTrue 

I have been going through everyone's priority order against Maslow's hierarchy of need. It's giving me a fearfully accurate understanding of where everyone is in their life currently. 

34 minutes ago, dequeen said:

#StrangeButTrue 

I have been going through everyone's priority order against Maslow's hierarchy of need. It's giving me a fearfully accurate understanding of where everyone is in their life currently. 

😁

I wish I have psychic powers to know your thoughts.. 

Wait, I think Clairvoiyant is more like it..

Anyone sha.. 

• 3 weeks later...

Family 

Relationship

Work

My family is everything to me. They've saved my life so many times that it's weird for me imagining anything coming before them. I come from a large, close knit family and my siblings are my best friends. 

I really wish relationship could be higher but eish, I've learnt that sometimes, relationships come and go and family is what stays with you forever. 

I love my work but work is work. It's a means to an end. The end being the ability to care for my family and the things I love. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Administrators
On 21/01/2018 at 5:00 AM, scarlet said:

Work comes first, for me anyday anytime. 

Being in a "relationship with the one" and  there are difficulties  in affording basics needs  would  make the whole thing  go sour, no matter the lovey -dopeyness. So?  Lemme make money so we can both enjoy our relationship together.  then family,  before relationship. But if I happen to marry the "one" ,  automatically she's my family now  and the family I grew up with  comes last. But if it's a mere relationship,  than I'd choose the latter,  girlfriend would get up and walk away someday, family always stays.

Well said!

Family  ---- They are always there but somehow they see you as a burden, they wish you have found your feet.

Relationship ---- Money is not the a priority but somehow she wish you guys could just exclusive outing.

Work ----------- It gives a more definition to the two above somehow money is a binder. When you work and have money, your family and  your girl will be proud of you.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 6:54 AM, kimi said:

Relationship

Work

Family

You'd ditch work to kick it with bae 😀

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Michelle said:

You'd ditch work to kick it with bae 😀

Hahahahaha... I would for a few hours or for a day or two. It's good to pray without ceasing 😇

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...