Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Goddess

dequeen

I call her goddess.

Upon the still waters of my soul, 
She cast the first drop that sent a million ripples, the beginning of  waves , beautiful waves upon a once still and dark sea.

Her voice a healthy mix of care and nonchalance, it drooped honey into my ears like bitter cola covered in chocolate, true and hard , it inspired change in me. 

The ripples starting out slow, no one could see what it was becoming only I , the body of water knew I had been changed and no going back, no back left for me to go.

The ripples amassed , her angels flocked around me and suddenly the depth of me began to stir, fear gripped me , my stirs had been tornadoes, destroying everything in their path, but this time they were waves inviting love to surf upon it. 

I call her goddess, not because she saved me from myself but because she revealed my true self to me.

*** Dedicated to the amazing Ladies I met on NL who made me a better person. You know yourselves. My gratitude holds no bounds. ***

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kimi said:

DBS was right when she said everyone here is either a poet or a writer. Lol. 

Well done. 

I tell you what!😀

You write very well @dequeen good job👏