Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

kimi

I have selective amnesia, so I can't really remember what I did last year for Val..

Just kidding.. 😁 

Last year's val, was sweet.. 😍 I still hold the memories close, but we are not together anymore, would  create new memories.. 

And hopefully, I'd be creating them with my future wife, but, Not this val sha, cos there is no one yet, and I am not ready for now...

This year's Val, I would probably spend my day indoors, or go out with a friend, drinks, movie, sex maybe.. ☺ 

• Like 1

Val’s day last year was kind of sad cos a friend passed at about that time so I didn’t really do anything. 

This year, no plans yet. I’d probably have dinner with friends at one of the restaurants I’ve been dying to try out 😊

• Like 1

• Moderators

I have no recollection of last year's :597f838f111a3_tw_grimace1: lol. All I remember is that I kept speaking words of faith that she would show up before my birthday... 

The rest is history :597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1:

This year..? *sighs* I plan to stay away from all forms of Valentine's day traffic. Once that is past, we shall definitely go on a well deserved outing...

• Upvote 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Damiee said:

Val’s day last year was kind of sad cos a friend passed at about that time so I didn’t really do anything. 

Sowy... :597f81e9aa110_tw_anguished1:

Last year, I was looking at NYSC  postponement email, I think. But all in all, it wasn't bad. I slept as per usual and had a lotto of food in the evening.

This year, I think I might be at a work trip, so no justification, but at least I'll be avoiding the traffic,lol

Last year I actually surprised her..we were in a LDR and had never met...I travelled to go see her ..Initially I had flowers delivered to her with a note telling her I loved her and we probably would spend Valentine together next year ...but sneaky me connived with her brothers flew from Lagos to pH and came to her house.

It was the best Valentine's Day ever and only one I've had tbh....sadly,the distance became unbearable, and so we had breakup.

This year I'm happily single ...I'll probably stay indoors,order for pizza and play my Ps4 (my new God of War will not play itself).

21 minutes ago, Phegore said:

Last year I actually surprised her..we were in a LDR and had never met...I travelled to go see her ..Initially I had flowers delivered to her with a note telling her I loved her and we probably would spend Valentine together next year ...but sneaky me connived with her brothers flew from Lagos to pH and came to her house.

It was the best Valentine's Day ever and only one I've had tbh....sadly,the distance became unbearable, and so we had breakup.

This year I'm happily single ...I'll probably stay indoors,order for pizza and play my Ps4 (my new God of War will not play itself).

Romantic!<3

Last year -> my sexuality in question at work, decide to go out with  a dude to the movies and we have a picnic on a tarred street. Like we just sat in the middle of the street, spread our snacks and drinks and gist till 11pm, unromantic drivers angry at us because we are threatening them to come and climb us and pass since they don't want to go and follow another street. Hahaha!

This Year -> Don't have a life yet.Soaked in work.I am literally sleeping 3hours per night and still needing divine intervention to meet deadlines. This is the reality of my life until about June this year I think. It's crazy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, dequeen said:

Last year -> my sexuality in question at work, decide to go out with  a dude to the movies and we have a picnic on a tarred street. Like we just sat in the middle of the street, spread our snacks and drinks and gist till 11pm, unromantic drivers angry at us because we are threatening them to come and climb us and pass since they don't want to go and follow another street. Hahaha!

This Year -> Don't have a life yet.Soaked in work.I am literally sleeping 3hours per night and still needing divine intervention to meet deadlines. This is the reality of my life until about June this year I think. It's crazy.

Haha haha!

That's a daring one. Picnic on the road..☺ 

My friend just asked me this Evening if I can be his date for a Valentine show..music, dance, and comedy thing cos he knows I like stuff like that. In my mind, I was like 'Ewwww' be with a guy on val's day? Not happening man. I just told him I already have plans. 

Btw, why is almost everyone single this year? Is three weeks enough time to find find someone and fall in love? 😁 

Valentine???

Just like Christmas, I guess the euphoria behind Val's day too is lost on me these days.

Last year's Val.......I'm coming up with zilch, Nada,  like I can't remember but I guess I was still dating then but ex bae was probably at work... Oh now I remember,

I did celebrate Val's day with my pupils, we made flowers and painted them in class or stuff, then I taught them some poems about love and giving, then we sang too and shared lots of hugs. It was really great.

Hahaha! It was a street o, not a road, plus it wasn't that busy a street. If it was on a road, I'm sure we would have met our match in werey. Lol. 

9 hours ago, Ivyy said:

Haha haha!

That's a daring one. Picnic on the road..☺ 

My friend just asked me this Evening if I can be his date for a Valentine show..music, dance, and comedy thing cos he knows I like stuff like that. In my mind, I was like 'Ewwww' be with a guy on val's day? Not happening man. I just told him I already have plans. 

Btw, why is almost everyone single this year? Is three weeks enough time to find find someone and fall in love? 😁 

Val's day with a guy : Look at him like a friend. Give him a tight hug at best, that's what I did. What's wrong spending time with a friend of the opposite sex? It's not different from hanging out with female straight friends on that day.

Everyone single : Likeeeee, is it an airborne disease, did they blow it into the air? Tell you what, y'all just too picky that's why. :597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1:

3 weeks to find love : possible.

3 weeks to fall in love : I doubt... Too short to know a person in my opinion (one of the causes of very short term relationship).

3 hours ago, vina said:

Valentine???

Just like Christmas, I guess the euphoria behind Val's day too is lost on me these days.

Last year's Val.......I'm coming up with zilch, Nada,  like I can't remember but I guess I was still dating then but ex bae was probably at work... Oh now I remember,

I did celebrate Val's day with my pupils, we made flowers and painted them in class or stuff, then I thought them some poems about love and giving, then we sang too and shared lots of hugs. It was really great.

Aaawwwwww. Your Valentine reminds me of when Ellen Degeneres visited Portia in the school where she was teaching, even spent time with her pupils. I remember thinking we should really all date teachers (they are the sweetest and kindest souls). 

That was a wonderful valentine you had.

24 minutes ago, dequeen said:

Val's day with a guy : Look at him like a friend. Give him a tight hug at best, that's what I did. What's wrong spending time with a friend of the opposite sex? It's not different from hanging out with female straight friends on that day.

Everyone single : Likeeeee, is it an airborne disease, did they blow it into the air? Tell you what, y'all just too picky that's why. :597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1:

3 weeks to find love : possible.

3 weeks to fall in love : I doubt... Too short to know a person in my opinion (one of the causes of very short term relationship).

LMAO!

Maybe cos he's my friend, I don't want him catching feelings on val's day if I hang out with him. That would be sooo ughhh..😁 

It's different with my female straight friend. If I hang out with her on vals day, she can't start feeling something that isn't even there, cos she straight. See the difference? 

Lol @ airborne disease..for me I am not picky, just being careful, cos I want the next to be the last, or at least for a long, long time.. 

3 weeks to find love? That was a Rhetorical question. But thanks for your input on that.  ☺ it works for people, but three weeks can't do it for me.

2 hours ago, dequeen said:

Aaawwwww. Your Valentine reminds me of when Ellen Degeneres visited Portia in the school where she was teaching, even spent time with her pupils. I remember thinking we should really all date teachers (they are the sweetest and kindest souls). 

That was a wonderful valentine you had.

Thanks Boo.:597f839621a8f_tw_heart1:

23 hours ago, Phegore said:

Yaaaay. Team single...that's if you don't fall for someone by the 13th😒😏

@Ivyy amen to next girl for a long time. I once had a shot at a long time, she was going to teach me how to cook soup and bury me in her library of awesome books. Oh those days, where are they all gone?

4 minutes ago, dequeen said:

@Ivyy amen to next girl for a long time. I once had a shot at a long time, she was going to teach me how to cook soup and bury me in her library of awesome books. Oh those days, where are they all gone?

Hahahaha!

I know right? Good ol' days.. 

😁 

• Haha 1

Last year, I was a clueless fluke. Broke, Dateless and unloved. I remember almost blowing up my ear drums with soulful songs from my headphones and even shedding a few drops of tears into my pillow.  

This year is no different, still dateless but hoping to not be broke. Not like it would make a difference if I'm heavily buoyant since I don't enjoy hanging out alone. Perhaps some random chic would do

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

@Hipstar Here's a hug for you! Remember always that once you love yourself, you are always loved. 

Your post has moved me so much that I will start a post on how to meet ladies and find queer love in Nigeria. I hope our good shooters will respond with their tips so that we never have a situation like this repeat itself. 

18 minutes ago, dequeen said:

@Hipstar Here's a hug for you! Remember always that once you love yourself, you are always loved. 

Your post has moved me so much that I will start a post on how to meet ladies and find queer love in Nigeria. I hope our good shooters will respond with their tips so that we never have a situation like this repeat itself. 

Yaaay to this. Can't wait. I need the tips darling. I just can't seem to find us. 😜