Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

For Theists

kimi

• Moderators

For those who believe in the existence of a supreme being -irrespective of religion, here's one for you.

Does God have a gender? What are your honest thoughts ☺

I have read lots of books about people who have had divine Revelations of heaven..

Methinks God is neither human nor animal, if anything, he is a mixture of both.

He is the lion of the tribe of Judah, his voice roars like Thunder. Imagine that voice that can make demons tremble. No human can sound that way. 

God is beautiful, he is majestic..

I see God in people, I see God in the waters, I see God in the clouds above, I look at the stars in the sky, and I see God. 

God is Everywhere, and he can be anything anyone perceives him to be..

You want to know what God looks like? Look in the eyes of that hungry child while you give him money for a plate of food, and you'd see God..☺  

• Like 4

• Moderators

Awwwh....  

22 minutes ago, Ivyy said:

You want to know what God looks like? Look in the eyes of that hungry child while you give him money for a plate of food, and you'd see God..☺  

#word

I forgot to add that most Christians refers to God as a 'He' heck, I do too. But when it comes down to it, Its all I listed above. 

But I would love inputs with scriptural verses on this though.i love to read up on things about God. 

Nice one kimi.  ☺ 

• Moderators

My take on this:

Just as Ivvy has pointed out, I believe there is God in everything created. The same energy and life made all. All things are one.

To push it a little further, I believe God is gender neutral. Neither this nor that but still All things at the same time. Lol. Talk of incomprehensible. Lol.

The All is all that... and the minute you start to figure it out is when you know for sure that you're grossly mistaken. Lol

• Moderators

The I AM that... I AM means God is everything. Replace 'that' with any thing of choice and perhaps you will understand that phrase differently. When you describe the All as he or she or ascribe a title or description to God, you simply limit the All because God simply is... 

Selah 📿 lol

Which of the Gods though. They are quite many you know. Lol. 

I'm more familiar with the Arabian God refer to as Allah. Being that Allah is the God believed and worshipped by my parent as the one true God, it's only expected I inherited such beliefs since afterall isn't that how beliefs are passed from parents to offsprings through childhood indoctrination. We mostly worship the gods we grew up seeing our parents worshipped. 

The Quran mostly used the word  “He” (huwa in Arabic) to refer to God but most Quran commentators argued that the use of this word does not mean that God is male. They claim God in His revelations to humans uses human language, and so words like “He” are used in the Quran for human understanding, but that does not mean God is male.

Here is a description of God given in the Quran. 

"Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The parable of His light is as if there were a niche and within it a lamp: the lamp enclosed in glass: the glass as it were a brilliant star: lit from a blessed tree, an olive, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil is well-nigh luminous, though fire scarce touched it: Light upon Light! Allah does guide whom He will to His light: Allah does set forth Parables for men: and Allah does know all things." (Quran 24:35)

This verse described God as the Light of the heavens and earth; claiming that He is far above and beyond anything we can imagine.

"Say: He is Allah, the One and Only; Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; And there is none like unto Him". (Quran 112:1-4)

According to Islamic teachings, God is neither male nor female. 

P. S I don't worry about the gender of any deity, ancient or modern. They all seem dead and nonexistence or perhaps alive and preoccupied with cosmos tasks that humans are the least of their worries. 

3 hours ago, kimi said:

My take on this:

Just as Ivvy has pointed out, I believe there is God in everything created. The same energy and life made all. All things are one.

To push it a little further, I believe God is gender neutral. Neither this nor that but still All things at the same time. Lol. Talk of incomprehensible. Lol.

The All is all that... and the minute you start to figure it out is when you know for sure that you're grossly mistaken. Lol

👍 ☺ 

1 hour ago, Gimbiyya said:

Which of the Gods though. They are quite many you know. Lol. 

I'm more familiar with the Arabian God refer to as Allah. Being that Allah is the God believed and worshipped by my parent as the one true God, it's only expected I inherited such beliefs since afterall isn't that how beliefs are passed from parents to offsprings through childhood indoctrination. We mostly worship the gods we grew up seeing our parents worshipped. 

The Quran mostly used the word  “He” (huwa in Arabic) to refer to God but most Quran commentators argued that the use of this word does not mean that God is male. They claim God in His revelations to humans uses human language, and so words like “He” are used in the Quran for human understanding, but that does not mean God is male.

Here is a description of God given in the Quran. 

"Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The parable of His light is as if there were a niche and within it a lamp: the lamp enclosed in glass: the glass as it were a brilliant star: lit from a blessed tree, an olive, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil is well-nigh luminous, though fire scarce touched it: Light upon Light! Allah does guide whom He will to His light: Allah does set forth Parables for men: and Allah does know all things." (Quran 24:35)

This verse described God as the Light of the heavens and earth; claiming that He is far above and beyond anything we can imagine.

"Say: He is Allah, the One and Only; Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; And there is none like unto Him". (Quran 112:1-4)

According to Islamic teachings, God is neither male nor female. 

P. S I don't worry about the gender of any deity, ancient or modern. They all seem dead and nonexistence or perhaps alive and preoccupied with cosmos tasks that humans are the least of their worries. 

Gimbiya,You see, there is only one supreme God. Any other are gods though..

I appreciate your input with backings from the Quaran..

I am not worthy to have this conversation. The Bible says 'We know in part, we understand in part'. As @Gimbiyya said, God is far above. What we see in nature and people, what @kimi and @Ivyy said , those are  expressions of God, not God the Godself. The painting is not the painter, it is only a tiny expression of the painter.The art is not the artist, only an expression of a part of the artist. To say you know a writer because you have read some of their works is grossly inaccurate.

I agree that God is gender neutral because God is far above and will not be confined by the limitations of humans. However when I talk to God, I say 'Her', I call her 'The Mother'. Why? That's an essay for another day.

8 hours ago, Ivyy said:

Gimbiya,You see, there is only one supreme God. Any other are gods though..

I appreciate your input with backings from the Quaran..

Lol our God is the one true supreme God. Any other Gods are false. What a coincidence.