Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

kimi

• Moderators

Hey ladies, what's your default?

Are you the more cautious type who takes her time to open up to a new love interest OR do you tend to dive in like a love struck bunny -wearing your emotions on your sleeves?

It's also very possible that you were once expressive with your show of love but have now transitioned to being a more reserved lover. What would you pin point as being the reason for the switch?

Love.. ☺ 

I love passionately, fiercely, and unconditionally..

Having said that, I'm cautious when it comes to loving and falling in love. Cos when I love, I love hard.. 

So, love would come when it would and i pray I would be ready to receive it when it does.. 

• Like 1

I tend to have a hard time noticing people, not being cautious or anything but when I do, I come off too strong that it might scare someone away. As an empath, I am very expressive with my feelings and I open up completely, I don't really know any other way but the problem is for most people it's hard to handle. Loving intensely usually comes with hurting intensely too, it's just a normality. I don't intend to change though, I love the fact that I love in sincerity and wholly and it's too beautiful to try to change plus lol you don't usually change this type of you easily. Just need to be more careful.. I do envy people who are stronger with their emotions though.. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 hours ago, DipBluSae said:

I come off too strong that it might scare someone away

The right one would stay... 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I love easily, freely and fully. I immerse my entire being in devotion to love. Hahaha.

I personally believe it makes the love experience smoother when both parties don't hold back. That said... I also understand that we are all wired differently.

I absolutely love how I love. Although intense and passionate, I don't consider it too much or stiffling.

• Like 1

I don't have a God. When I fall in love my partner becomes my God and I become a loyal worshiper of her. Her body my sanctuary and her heart my holy text which I believe on a blind faith. My girlfriend once said to me, "baby you're too good to be Godless." I replied her with, "I'm not godless hun, you're my God." She blushed. Only if she know I meant what I said. 

I'm not cautious when I love. I love reckless, genuine and deeper. Deeper than the love religious folks have for their God because unlike them, all my rewards and tortures happens here. No afterlife. Just this life. 

• Like 2

I'm the love struck bunny. I go in hot and heavy. It's not always a good idea because It means I get burnt easily; not everyone wants to love or be loved like that. 

I am a cautious lover. I don't wear my heart on my sleeves, I am careful when I love because my heart is a very fragile one.. I don't fall in love, I stand in it. I don't get all mushy and soppy when emotional. I bid my time in love and when I don't feel appreciated, I extricate myself with not so much pain felt..

.... Go ahead, call me hardened lover

So, when I love, I love completely but I struggle to hide it because I'm scared that I can't explain the glow to people around me....I hide it so much sometimes I come off as cold to whoever I'm dating .... Makes a lot of them leave, they think I don't care, sad. 

Anyways, I have decided to change approach and henceforth to love openly, intensely, with everything that I am and even publicly if I somehow miraculously gather liver sha. To put myself out there and be vulnerable, truly vulnerable for once in my queer life. Let's see if this approach will work better than the previous one which has only succeeded in giving me a deeply scarred heart.

Well, according to my SO I wear my heart on my sleeves. According to her, the whole world knows when I'm in love. The thing is even if I don't say anything, my face, my freaking face always gives me away 😒