Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

kimi

• Moderators

When you meet someone (however y'all meet. Lol. Be it online, whatsapp group, in person etc...). How long would you wait before letting them know that it isn't going to work or that you can't continue with the getting to know process?

OR

Do you simply go cold turkey/bail and cut all forms of communication?

Have you ever experienced this, How did you handle it? Alternatively, how were you let down if you have ever been at the receiving end of such situations. 

How long? It wouldn't end till we have a nice tumble in the sack. 

Only after then will I let you go.

#singing, I will never let you go, except you bless me x2

• Haha 1

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, vina said:

How long? It wouldn't end till we have a nice tumble in the sack. 

Only after then will I let you go.

#singing, I will never let you go, except you bless me x2

Hahahahaga. This is ths funniest thing I've seen today. 

I prefer the term "ghosted"  :597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1: it always makes me laugh when I hear it.

It all depends on the person. I can have a talk with the person and let her know why it's not working, or I simply go all ghost mode on her. 

I have been 'ghosted' same way I ghost people, so it's all fair. 😁

Immediately I know we aren't going anywhere, I go cold. I don't return missed calls immediately, I don't reply chats or I reply chats after several days in a monotonous way with a crisp apology for the delay in replying. I learnt that from job interviews. "If we do not contact you within one week, your application was not successful. It's nothing personal mbok."

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Once I figure out it can’t go beyond the superficial phase. Like, if there is no connection or that our interests or values don’t align. 

Despends, mostly I reduce communication to the barest minimum or just talk it out with her (usually this approach doesn’t end well).

I think everyone has experienced it at one time or the other. I just move on, I hate to make things awkward. I always believe it’s for the best 😊.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, Michelle said:

So not nice 😥

Its same thing as going cold turkey..

Not Everyone can handle Being turned down no matter the words you use to explain. I 'd  Rather just backslide. That way, no one holds anything against me. 😁

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Txunamy said:

Its same thing as going cold turkey..

Not Everyone can handle Being turned down no matter the words you use to explain. I 'd  Rather just backslide. That way, no one holds anything against me. 😁

Some won't let you. Some will call you out as you try to ghost.