Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×

Favorite Movies, Movie Quotes/lines, and Animations

Txunamy

Everyone who knows me knows I'm a huge movie buff. I grew up in a home where we had older uncles and Aunties living with us. They were always watching movies..

Whenever they slot in a movie in the VCR, I'm there watching. So it grew on me. 

And thus, my Love for Movies began.. 

Also, I'm a huge lover of classic movies too. I'm talking about movies way back as the 50's and 60's. And that's cos most of the movies I used to watch with my uncles and aunties were classic movies. 

I have got several black and white movie collection on DVD, most of 'em are Audrey Hepburn's movie. I also have gone with the wind, Casablanca, Bonnie and Clyde, amongst others.

I collect classic movies..from Abuja to Lagos, I searched far and wide to get the ones I have.. Talk about being a collector. 😁 

My mum always wondered how I managed to stay top of my class with the amount of time I spend watching movies.. 😁 

Sadly, I don't watch as much movies as I would've loved too, cos being an adult comes with responsibilities. 

The way I unwind after a long day is to curl up on my couch, and catch up on TV series. 

These days, I watch movies only on weekends.

I would be sharing my favorite movies I watched while growing up and lines from it, plus the current ones. ☺ 

Feel free to drop yours if you have any. 

• Like 1

So there is this 1994 movie, Forrest Gump. It chronicles the live of a boy(who had some sort of intellectual disability) from his early days, to his adult life. He didn't allow his disability stop him from living a fun-filled life..Its a drama comedy, and depending on your sense of humour, you would laugh all through. His child like innocence is endearing.

Forrest Gump: Mama always said that life was like a box of chocolate, you never know what you gonna get. 

• Like 1

If you are into Romantic comedies, You must have seen Pretty Woman.its a 1990 movie about a lawyer(Edward) who picked up a lady of the Night(vivian) for company, and ended up falling madly in love with her. 

Edward : it's just that, huh, very few people surprise me

Vivian : well, yeah, you're lucky. most of them shock the hell outta me. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ivyy said:

If you are into Romantic comedies, You must have seen Pretty Woman.its a 1990 movie about a lawyer(Edward) who picked up a lady of the Night(vivian) for company, and ended up falling madly in love with her. 

Vivian : well, yeah, you're lucky most of them shock the hell outta me. 

I still haven't seen pretty woman ..

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Ivyy said:

gone with the wind

Beauitiful movie.... I watch it at the slightest opportunity. First motion picture in colour I think. I've seen this movie countless of times. Lol. 

I also enjoy classic movies especially as seen on TCM. At home, they wonder why I enjoy watching dead people act movies. Lol. That's what they call it especially if it's still the black and white type.

Ivvy, you should watch *Taming of the Shrew* it's also got lots of humour. Lol

My favourite is Moulin Rouge. Anything Nicole Kidman actually...

Favourite line fro. Moulin Rouge is:"...and the greatest gift of all, is to love and be loved back in return"

Then I love this line from Notting Hill: "...I'm also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her..."

3 hours ago, kimi said:

Beauitiful movie.... I watch it at the slightest opportunity. First motion picture in colour I think. I've seen this movie countless of times. Lol. 

I also enjoy classic movies especially as seen on TCM. At home, they wonder why I enjoy watching dead people act movies. Lol. That's what they call it especially if it's still the black and white type.

Ivvy, you should watch *Taming of the Shrew* it's also got lots of humour. Lol

My favourite is Moulin Rouge. Anything Nicole Kidman actually...

Favourite line fro. Moulin Rouge is:"...and the greatest gift of all, is to love and be loved back in return"

Then I love this line from Notting Hill: "...I'm also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her..."

Oh I love Nothinghill..Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts.. Heart warming Rom com. ☺ I particularly love the theme song 'She' by Elvis Costello. 

It's crazy that I haven't seen moulin Rouge. The day I bought phantom of the opera and moulin Rouge when I was in school, someone stole it from my room. So I watched only phantom of the opera and forgot about it. 

I have seen most of the movies shown on TCM.and yeah it's dead people's movie. 😁 

Whenever I am watching my black and white movies, my siblings would go 'who did this to you'? They don't understand. 😁 

Taming of the shrew.. If it's the same Shakespeare's movie, I have seen it. I have this collection of Shakespeare's movies. Merchant of Venice, Hamlet, Romeo and Juliet, much Ado about nothing, the whole works. 

I'm a huge fan of Animations especially the Disney classics.. 

Beauty and the beast, Lady and the tramp, Snow White, Cinderella, pinnochio, little Red Riding Hood, just to name a few. 

I particularly love the Lady and the Tramp. It's about a cute and over pampered Dog named Lady, who fell in love with tramp a street dog.its the sweetest love story(i still don't like dogs) 

One of the theme songs is Bella Notte .its a classical song. If you are a lover of symphonies, classical music, you should download 'Bella Notte'

9 hours ago, Ivyy said:

Vivian : well, yeah, you're lucky most of them shock the hell outta me. 

I’ve seen Pretty Woman so many times, I’ve lost count. Loveee it. Easily one of my favorite Julia Roberts movies. Tempted to watch it again tonight. 

Vivian: I appreciate this whole seduction thing you’ve got going on here, but let me give you a tip: I’m a sure thing.

51 minutes ago, Damiee said:

I’ve seen Pretty Woman so many times, I’ve lost count. Loveee it. Easily one of my favorite Julia Roberts movies. Tempted to watch it again tonight. 

Vivian: I appreciate this whole seduction thing you’ve got going on here, but let me give you a tip: I’m a sure thing.

Hahaha Damiee, spot on.. ..Nice one

11 hours ago, Ivyy said:

Are you kidding me? Hawk you haven't seen pretty woman? Please you have to watch it.:597f839311844_tw_grin1:

13 hours ago, kimi said:

:597f82853fcf9_tw_flushed1::597f82853fcf9_tw_flushed1: 🤤 lol

I will I will 😀

I've already asked someone to download it for me.

My love for Arnold Schwarzenegger began with the 1984 movie The Terminator. The movie is about a cyborg Assassin sent from the future to assassinate people. 

I first saw the terminator when I was nine, and it was pure magic. Even though I had nightmares when I went to bed, cos the terminator kept pursuing me in my dream. But overall, it's easily among my favorites. 

Who can forget the lines 'hasta la vista baby'  And "I'll be back"? 

If you are a lover of Bollywood movies, I don't mean this senseless zee world Bollywood(apologies to zee world lovers, it's not you, it's just the channel) ☺ 

I am talking about Classic Bollywood movies like Teri meni baniyan, Mard, dharam veer, kuch kuch hota hai, to mention a few  (Forgive me if I misspelt) I'm not Indian.. ☺ Then you must have seen Toofan.

Growing up, My favorite was Toofan(still is) starring Amitab bachan.. it was one of the early bollywood movies I saw..so i was captivated.. 

Toofan.. It's the story of twin brothers whose mother died while giving birth to them. One got adopted..his adoptive father was a magician.. The other twin lived with his biological father, until his father passed on when he was about nine or ten. (I remember crying when I watched the movie)

So, the adopted twin grew up to be a magician( coward) courtesy of his father who showed him the ropes, and the other twin grew up to be a  "defender of the universe "(Brave)  ..😁 

It's a really sad movie though..

So ,whenever toofan(the brave one) is riding on his horse to go save people, this song always plays * aya, aya, toofan, aya aya, shatan.. (pls forgive me if you know the right lyrics and spellings, I'm not Indian)

The part where shayan's(the magician and cowardly twin) best friend lost his arms is too emotional . 

Toofan easily tops the list for me.. ☺ 

6 hours ago, Ivyy said:

If you are a lover of Bollywood movies, I don't mean this senseless zee world Bollywood(apologies to zee world lovers, it's not you, it's just the channel) ☺ 

I am talking about Classic Bollywood movies like Teri meni baniyan, Mard, dharam veer, kuch kuch hota hai, to mention a few  (Forgive me if I misspelt) I'm not Indian.. ☺ Then you must have seen Toofan.

Growing up, My favorite was Toofan(still is) starring Amitab bachan.. it was one of the early bollywood movies I saw..so i was captivated.. 

Toofan.. It's the story of twin brothers whose mother died while giving birth to them. One got adopted..his adoptive father was a magician.. The other twin lived with his biological father, until his father passed on when he was about nine or ten. (I remember crying when I watched the movie)

So, the adopted twin grew up to be a magician( coward) courtesy of his father who showed him the ropes, and the other twin grew up to be a  "defender of the universe "(Brave)  ..😁 

It's a really sad movie though..

So ,whenever toofan(the brave one) is riding on his horse to go save people, this song always plays * aya, aya, toofan, aya aya, shatan.. (pls forgive me if you know the right lyrics and spellings, I'm not Indian)

The part where shayan's(the magician and cowardly twin) best friend lost his arms is too emotional . 

Toofan easily tops the list for me.. ☺ 

Not a fan of Bollywood, but I've seen a couple of them and yes, toofan was one of them. I can't help but laugh at the song now, I so love it then. And "don't worry, be happy too.  You narrated it so well. Nostalgic, been long days 😁 thanks 👍

16 hours ago, Ivyy said:

My love for Arnold Schwarzenegger began with the 1984 movie The Terminator. The movie is about a cyborg Assassin sent from the future to assassinate people. 

I first saw the terminator when I was nine, and it was pure magic. Even though I had nightmares when I went to bed, cos the terminator kept pursuing me in my dream. But overall, it's easily among my favorites. 

Who can forget the lines 'hasta la vista baby'  And "I'll be back"? 

Wo wo wo!!.. I really love that line, 'hasta la vista baby' that I had to go and get a Spanish book then.. I so love Terminator, and saw all it's chronicles. Days like yesterday. Nice one👌

3 hours ago, DipBluSae said:

Not a fan of Bollywood, but I've seen a couple of them and yes, toofan was one of them. I can't help but laugh at the song now, I so love it then. And "don't worry, be happy too.  You narrated it so well. Nostalgic, been long days 😁 thanks 👍

Yeah..'don't worry be happy' is a nice song too. ☺ 

3 hours ago, DipBluSae said:

Wo wo wo!!.. I really love that line, 'hasta la vista baby' that I had to go and get a Spanish book then.. I so love Terminator, and saw all it's chronicles. Days like yesterday. Nice one👌

👍

Another classic movie I easily fell in love with is 'The silence of the Lambs' .

Silence of the Lamb is a 1991 movie about a fresh off training FBI agent starling who was sent to go profile a very intelligent psychiatrist/psychopath ,Dr Hannibal lecter(Anthony Hopkins) who was also a cannibal. 

I fell in love with Jodie Foster in the movie.. Something about her stirred things in me.. And when she came out, I was happy, And I knew my gaydar has always been overactive. 😁 

Anyway, back to the movie.. I love Anthony Hopkins. The man is simply brilliant. The way he delivers his lines is insane. Like, whenever I am watching an Anthony Hopkins movie, my heart literally stops, and resumes it's Rhythm when I am done with the movie. 

If you love Thrillers, and you haven't seen Silence of the lambs , what have you been watching? 😁 

I can't forget what he said to Agent starling '"You know what you look like to me, with your good bag and cheap shoes? You look like a rube. A well scrubbed hustling rube with little taste. Good nutrition has given you some bones, but you are not more  than one generation from poor trash.Are you agent starling"?  

I don't know if he reads everything he says on scene from a written script, but Anthony Hopkins is always savage in his movies.. 

I love psychological thrillers.. It thrills me literally..

I have seen so many psychological Thrillers, and 'Gone girl' is among my top ten list. 

It's a 2014 movie about a psycho woman who planned her own death.

The scene where she bludgeoned her face herself with a hammer, always gives me goosebumps.. Grrrrr 

• 4 weeks later...

I love Hugh Grant, he is always a hot mess in all his movies.. Funny guy with his very charming British accent. 

I have watched so many of his movies, Notting Hill, About a boy, Love and lyrics, two weeks notice, Bridget Jones diary, to mention few.. 

My all time favorite Hugh grant's movie is Notting Hill, followed by 4 weddings and a funeral.. If you are a huge Romantic/drama/ Rom com lover and you haven't seen it, you need to watch it.. 

Four weddings and a funeral is a 1994 heartwarming romantic drama, about an unrepentant bachelor who has been unlucky in love until he met someone and had to lose her to distance, bla bla bla..  It has a nice ending, one that would make you smile. I have watched the movie so many times that I have lost count. ☺ 

One of my fav lines.. 

Charles :There I was, standing in the church, and for the first time in my whole life, I realised I totally and utterly love one person.and it wasn't the person next to me in the veil, it's the person standing opposite me now.. In the rain. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Ivyy said:

Four weddings and a funeral

I really dont know how many times i have watched this movie. 

My love for Romcom died as an adult but i used to be a huge Hugh Grant fan. 

1 minute ago, Midnighter said:

I really dont know how many times i have watched this movie. 

My love for Romcom died as an adult but i used to be a huge Hugh Grant fan. 

Hugh Grant is very charming..

It's a pity no one can stay ever young, he is aging fast, and not as handsome as he used to be, but his charm and wit isn't going anywhere. 

My Love for Romcom grew stronger as an adult. From movies to TV serials..

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Ivyy said:

My Love for Romcom grew stronger as an adult. From movies to TV serials..

I guess i just feel like Romcom perpetuates ridiculous expectations without addressing real life issues.

Like the line between chasing after a lost love and stalking kinda blurs when it happens in movies. 

If someone tried half the things in Romcom in real life, police might be called.

6 minutes ago, Midnighter said:

I guess i just feel like Romcom perpetuates ridiculous expectations without addressing real life issues.

Like the line between chasing after a lost love and stalking kinda blurs when it happens in movies. 

If someone tried half the things in Romcom in real life, police might be called.

True.. 

But for me, I watch Romcom and comedy at large, because being an adult can be too hard and overwhelming most times for me , so I need movies like that to take me out of this serious world into a world where everything is all lax, easy, and crazily fun.. 

If it weren't for responsibilities, I would have been a couch potato.. 😁