Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

The Rains Are Here. Ready Or Not

kimi

• Moderators

Morning Ladies...

The rains are here. Is it a Sunday affair? Lol. Same as last week, it's a wet Sunday today.

Which of the seasons do you prefer?

Are you ready for the rain or do you think it has come in a bit too early.

• Moderators

I'm not sure I'm ready just yet. Lol. It has come a bit too early for me this year...

I'm not sure I have a preference wrt seasons. They both display certain extremeties. Lol. I love the rainy season provided I'm indoors and not going to be a victim of the heavy traffic that is sure to ensue afterwards.

The heat on the otherhand I find bearable when I'm not in it or having to battle with the outcome of the excessive humidity. Lol. 

My least favourite would have to be the harmattan. It just messes up everything. Lol. 

Yeah.... I forgot: ...and with the rains usually come more accidents on the roads. People just can't stop running into themselves. 

Thankfully, I'm better these days -I don't dread the rainy season like I once used to. 

I love the rainy season because I get to play under the rain.😁 Though the rain hasn't started where I am but I can feel it coming and I can't wait. I sha hate it when it's hot.

But I'll miss the dry season and the harmattan because my clothes will no longer get dried under 30 secs and I love it when it's cold 😢.

1 hour ago, kimi said:

Which of the seasons do you prefer?

None lol. 

Dry season comes with heat & dust and rainy season comes with well, wetness. Everywhere is messy, cars are dirty and there is traffic everywhere for some reason. 

I'm not ready for the rains yet..not ready to face this island flood. Just 5 mins of rain and Everywhere is flooded. Jesus!

I think I like rains only on Sundays. cos I don't get to go out, just stay home and enjoy the rain.. 

No rain in my neck of the woods yet. 

Another reason I don't like rainy seasons is because tomatoes are expensive when it rains. The plants thrive better with sun and just little rain. It doesn't do well with every day rains. And I love my tomatoes. ☺ 

I think the best season for me is the harmattan season. I dont know why. It's just perfect for my skin and hair. 

Rain dirty every where, hanging on your car, in  your street, in front of your house, and people even die from heavy down  pour in some area.

Dry season too much dryness, dust every where, when you even  see some bick boys you can  mistake them for old men because dust has painted their eyes and bears white. And also  too much flu and cough that when you sleep is as if you are smoking the dust sometimes.

Na wa for Nigeria weather sha. e harsh like the Country.

If l do my toboom, toboom like Yemi Alade,  l think l will go with the dry season because l never hear say people die or lost properties in dry season for Nigeria.

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...