Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

married lesbians

simple

I don't know if its just me or someone else feels the same way about this issue,I feel its completely wrong for a married woman to be looking for girls to run things with. I mean that's adultery,no one forced you to get married. U need to respect the institution, focus on ur families joor. Singles are cheating on each other and married women want to join the league too, and u then bring diseases home to ur husband or pass the disease ur husband has given u to the girl.

Even the bi's too have made lesbianism look like a joke and now people feel all lesbians are bisexual and will end up with guys at the end of the day. I mean ur eida cold or hot,u can't be in between.

Do u guys realise that for some of us like myself its more than just killing loneliness... Even in lesbian movies one of them must be attracted to a guy at some point... Just not taken seriously

Please married women,respect ur marriage. U took a vow remember.

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

I don't know if its just me or someone else feels the same way about this issue,I feel its completely wrong for a married woman to be looking for girls to run things with. I mean that's adultery,no one forced you to get married. U need to respect the institution, focus on ur families joor. Singles are cheating on each other and married women want to join the league too, and u then bring diseases home to ur husband or pass the disease ur husband has given u to the girl.

Even the bi's too have made lesbianism look like a joke and now people feel all lesbians are bisexual and will end up with guys at the end of the day. I mean ur eida cold or hot,u can't be in between.

Do u guys realise that for some of us like myself its more than just killing loneliness... Even in lesbian movies one of them must be attracted to a guy at some point... Just not taken seriously

I agree with you although i understand most of them get married because of the pressure.

However i see reasons with you as to why most people think all lesbians are bi-sexual.

It even gets annoying when most girls in a relationship with guys turn to girls because

they want to try it out or because their relationship is not working.

Like seriously being a lesbian is not a joke or a game. I don't think most people get it.

Point On.

• Moderators

As someone who has seen what adultery can do to a family, I agree with most of what you said. Personally, I would never date or sleep with a married woman just because I would never want to be responsible for the breakup of someone's family or put myself through the emotional upheaval that comes with it.

Sometimes I think alot of these women are just lonely, and are not really attracted to women (but who am I to judge).

Although I am not bisexual, I respect bisexual women, and their ability to embrace their sexuality; but what bothers though is the tendency for some "bisexual" women to date men and women at the same time.

Can a women be married, and be gay? Yes, a lesbian is a woman who is sexually and romantically attracted to other women.

However, I don't think you took into account the cultural and societal pressures these women go through. The pressure is everywhere, even among Nigerian families here. My family knows I will never get married, so I don't feel that pressure. Many of these women are forced to live double lives, because they can't change who they are.

I would like to hear the opinion of a married "lesbian" women.

I will like to start by saying, I am not bisexual nor married.However, most of my good friends are and I respect their decision.

***xxxxxxxSimple, I don't think you are in any position to judge anyone's decision to practice alternative lifestyle. You don't know anyone's situation and why they decided to get married. If you don't like bisexuals or married women, DON'T DATE THEM.

A good Friend of mind who recently got married was 100% lesbian, however pressure started coming from parents and relatives to settle down. She got married and told her husband of her lifestyle.He accepted it and now the marriage is more of an arrangements. She has fun, and am sure he does too. If this arrangement works for them who are my to judge.

We can't pretend that our culture don't play a big role in while women gets married so young gay or bi.When a lady gets a certain age and is not married.Our society turns against you... You are now the TOPIC of the town. To keep the peace and pressure of them, Most women will sacrifice their happiness in the name of culture and do what's expected of them.

I honestly think we should embrace married women who have decided to practice bisexuality because their are reasons for their decision.Only GOD and these women knows their struggles to stay sane them and enjoy this thing called LIFE.

I agree with you although i understand most of them get married because of the pressure.

However i see reasons with you as to why most people think all lesbians are bi-sexual.

It even gets annoying when most girls in a relationship with guys turn to girls because

Like seriously being a lesbian is not a joke or a game. I don't think most people get it.

Point On.

Like a girl that was asking me to teach her how to be one,just cause her boyfriend broke her heart. Its just annoying

Point On.

Like a girl that was asking me to teach her how to be one,just cause her boyfriend broke her heart. Its just annoying

• Upvote 1

As someone who has seen what adultery can do to a family, I agree with most of what you said. Personally, I would never date or sleep with a married woman just because I would never want to be responsible for the breakup of someone's family or put myself through the emotional upheaval that comes with it.

Sometimes I think alot of these women are just lonely, and are not really attracted to women (but who am I to judge).

Although I am not bisexual, I respect bisexual women, and their ability to embrace their sexuality; but what bothers though is the tendency for some "bisexual" women to date men and women at the same time.

Can a women be married, and be gay? Yes, a lesbian is a woman who is sexually and romantically attracted to other women.

However, I don't think you took into account the cultural and societal pressures these women go through. The pressure is everywhere, even among Nigerian families here. My family knows I will never get married, so I don't feel that pressure. Many of these women are forced to live double lives, because they can't change who they are.

I would like to hear the opinion of a married "lesbian" women.

Hallelujah we agree on something,lol.

I am not saying a married woman can't be gay, but if u can decide to get married then don't insult the institution by cheating. I understand people get pressured but no amount of pressure can make u do what u don't want to do. Infact I can't picture living with a guy for the rest of my life and there's no way anyone can pressure me to get married,they are many single ladies out there that are not married so that's not an excuse. People are now more concerned about making a name for themselves and not abt married.

Some of these women have kids. I mean ur husband and ur children shouldn't suffer bcs of ur sexuality,u made the decision and took the vow. My 2cents sha

I will like to start by saying, I am not bisexual nor married.However, most of my good friends are and I respect their decision.

***xxxxxxxSimple, I don't think you are in any position to judge anyone's decision to practice alternative lifestyle. You don't know anyone's situation and why they decided to get married. If you don't like bisexuals or married women, DON'T DATE THEM.

A good Friend of mind who recently got married was 100% lesbian, however pressure started coming from parents and relatives to settle down. She got married and told her husband of her lifestyle.He accepted it and now the marriage is more of an arrangements. She has fun, and am sure he does too. If this arrangement works for them who are my to judge.

We can't pretend that our culture don't play a big role in while women gets married so young gay or bi.When a lady gets a certain age and is not married.Our society turns against you... You are now the TOPIC of the town. To keep the peace and pressure of them, Most women will sacrifice their happiness in the name of culture and do what's expected of them.

I honestly think we should embrace married women who have decided to practice bisexuality because their are reasons for their decision.Only GOD and these women knows their struggles to stay sane them and enjoy this thing called LIFE.

Firstly I am not judging but just sharing my opinion.

Now this ur friend for example they are going to have kids right? And they still have sex with each other ryt? So he does his own,she does her own,then they both come home and do their own? Wow dats the height of irresponsibility(imagine the diseases they will be passing to each oda). I mean if she was 100percent lesbian she definitely won't be married to a guy.

And we should embrace adultery? Wait o,is genevieve married? Is kate henshaw married? Wat of rita dominic? I am calling just celebrities o,I know a family that none of their daughters are married. I still insist that u can't be pressured to do what u don't want to do.

And bi gals are just a joke. There's nuffin to respect about them. They are very much into boys and just do girls for the fun of it. They always end up with boys at the end of the day. I mean I dnt know why u date but I date for the future and not just the fun of it,so I hope to spend a future wit who ever I am dating. So why do bi's date girls? I mean I meant a bi girl,who started telling me what I was missing in sex,and dat she likes girls o but nuffin can be compared to a d**ck. Just imagine

@ simple, you need to more open minded and stop focusing on what's wrong and right base on your own believes. I love my friends dearly and I know they are not kids so therefore I will like to believe they play safe at all times but if they don't oh well. To be perfectly honest, I don't give a damn whether they passing each diseases or the whole world. It is not my place to judge or condemn what works for them. Just like is not their place to speak about my personal life or what works for me.

They celebrity's you mentioned, how do you know for a fact that they are not going both ways behind closed doors. ThIs so called people that you mentioned will do any and everything behind closed doors for money but is acceptable because No one knows or cares to ask questions because is not in the fore front. We rather believe LIES on what we see on TV,movies,newspaper or magazine instead of they reality that there are people all over the world (men and women) who has sacrificed their happiness and will continue to sacrifice their happiness because of society,cultures and values. Only a few brave ones has took stand against culture, pressure and values.

I personally thinks that's what's wrong with Nigeria today, some people act like They are holy than thou and some sins are greater than others. Like I stated previously if you don't like BI or married women don't date them.

• Moderators

@chocolat

I am glad your good friend was able to find something that works for her, but most women don't have "understanding" husbands. This is the murky water our culture has led us to, I am not judging nor questioning anyone's sexuality but I just feel like lesbians (and bisexuals) are seen as a "backup" plan for a bad marriage, bad sex, bad relationship, and so on; and truthfully I can't embrace that.

I am not talking about bisexuals, I stated my opinion concerning that earlier. I am truly conflicted about it, but I can never support any woman (lesbian, straight, or bisexual) stepping out on her marriage because I have seen and witnessed what this does to a family. Those vows taken are important, I respect them because I hope to get married to a woman someday, and most importantly KARMA is a bitch.

@simple

Comparing celebrities to regular folks isn't going to work. At least 2 of those celebrities used to be married. There are truly bisexual women, one of my closest friend is bisexual.

i will pass by, ask google n get ur head and nerves cleard. SMH.......... some folks r damned annoying, what happened to "live and let others live. if you dont like bisexuals thats ur cup of tea. date ur kind and likes.

I dont care what those celebrities do behind close doors, my point is they are not married even with societal pressure so why should a lesbian get married with the excuse of pressure.? I still insist that no one can make u do what u dont want to do.

And if that ur friend was ur sister, I'm sure it would have been ur business weda she brings a disease home or gets one from her husband.

what is wrong with nigeria today is that everyone feels its not their business and so no one wants to make a change@ chocolate.

I have to use celebrities cos those are people we all know. And celebrities are more pressured that regular people***xxxxxxxmoresko

And if ur dad starts cheating on ur mum with lil girls, brings aids home to ur mum or better still replace ur mum with the lil girls DONT COMPLAIN. tell ur mum what happenes to 'live and lets live'.@jaypie

Call a spade a spade ppl, adultery is wrong. I would never date a married woman but I still feel someone needs to tell them that its wrong and not okay. I mean one told me that since its with a girl its not adultery.

• Administrators

Firstly I am not judging but just sharing my opinion.

Now this ur friend for example they are going to have kids right? And they still have sex with each other ryt? So he does his own,she does her own,then they both come home and do their own? Wow dats the height of irresponsibility(imagine the diseases they will be passing to each oda). I mean if she was 100percent lesbian she definitely won't be married to a guy.

And we should embrace adultery? Wait o,is genevieve married? Is kate henshaw married? Wat of rita dominic? I am calling just celebrities o,I know a family that none of their daughters are married. I still insist that u can't be pressured to do what u don't want to do.

And bi gals are just a joke. There's nuffin to respect about them. They are very much into boys and just do girls for the fun of it. They always end up with boys at the end of the day. I mean I dnt know why u date but I date for the future and not just the fun of it,so I hope to spend a future wit who ever I am dating. So why do bi's date girls? I mean I meant a bi girl,who started telling me what I was missing in sex,and dat she likes girls o but nuffin can be compared to a d**ck. Just imagine

I can't help but agree with you. Lesbianism is not a fashion statement , it is a way of life.

• Moderators

I dont care what those celebrities do behind close doors, my point is they are not married even with societal pressure so why should a lesbian get married with the excuse of pressure.? I still insist that no one can make u do what u dont want to do.

And if that ur friend was ur sister, I'm sure it would have been ur business weda she brings a disease home or gets one from her husband.

what is wrong with nigeria today is that everyone feels its not their business and so no one wants to make a change@ chocolate.

I have to use celebrities cos those are people we all know. And celebrities are more pressured that regular people***xxxxxxxmoresko

And if ur dad starts cheating on ur mum with lil girls, brings aids home to ur mum or better still replace ur mum with the lil girls DONT COMPLAIN. tell ur mum what happenes to 'live and lets live'.@jaypie

Call a spade a spade ppl, adultery is wrong. I would never date a married woman but I still feel someone needs to tell them that its wrong and not okay. I mean one told me that since its with a girl its not adultery.

Lol, I have also heard the "its a woman, therefore its not cheating" argument, and that's insulting.

@ simple, I think is so stupid to compare celebritys with regular folks, when you and I knows some celebrity will committed atrocities in the name of money. I find it very insulting that you used my sibling for example in your comment.however, If any of my siblings inform me that they are not happy in their current stages but they have worked out something with their partners and is a win, win for both parties, I will be happy for them. I LOVE MY SIBLINGS AND FRIENDS DEARLY, which ever ways they GO am 200% behind them.

life is too short and I encouraged everyone to make the best of it and if that means stepping outside their marriage to fullfil those obligations so be it.

This not the 1960 when people die in misery and nobody gives a damn. I encourage everyone to do whatsoever makes them happy because life is too short. Now however the decided to make themselves happy is none of my freaking business neither is it yours.

Am sick and tired of hypocrities always analysing what's right and wrong base on their own views. These people only see things one way without considering what others may or may not be going through. This why the country is mess and alot LGBT members are still in the closet because people like you will judge and criticise them once you know the truth about their lifestyle. They have NO real friends because they are too freaking judgemental.

@ simple try to express your point without insulting anyone's parents, siblings or friends.

• Moderators

I am going to put on my Admin hat now. Please let's not let this debate become personal, dragging someone's family into this is personal, calling people hypocrites is also personal. We are grown women, and can have disagreements without resorting to that, I believe this is a healthy conversation we're having.

***xxxxxxxsimple u r a piece of thrash....FAG.... i have noticed you so wil try my best to ignore you. whatever u fink about bisexuals is ur headache and i dont give a rat ass. LOW LIFE BITCH...

• Downvote 1

• Moderators

***xxxxxxxsimple u r a piece of thrash....FAG.... i have noticed you so wil try my best to ignore you. whatever u fink about bisexuals is ur headache and i dont give a rat ass. LOW LIFE BITCH...

@Jaypie Seriously? No personal insults! Calling simple a "piece of trash" and "low life bitch" are personal insults. We are grown here, lets be civil. Another insult, complete ban.

• Downvote 1

• Administrators

Lol u dey vex gan.

Wowwww... That's a harsh statement jaypie. For the record, I do not condole or support any forms of disrespect. Is one thing to disagree on ones view but using insulting and degrading language is NOT acceptable. We are all adults here and we should conducted ourselves like one. We may not aggree with someones view but we can be respectfully to one another.

I personally will make an effort not to take people's opinion too personal and I will challenge them in a respectful and civil manner.

Let PEACE Reign people...lol

Firstly I dint bring anyone's family,It was just an illustration. I don't know u or ur family.

***xxxxxxxjaypie, I can't exchange words with u. Not my thing,its too trashy and only low life's do it.

***xxxxxxxchocolate, I'm worried about ur morals. Are u really debating that ppl should be allowed to commit adultery? Its funny that u find ur dad cheating insulting,I mean ur being a hypocrite here don't u think? I mean its okay if he cheats ryt? We need to understand the reason behind the adultery ryt?(That's an illustration,I need u to see things like its happening to u so u can understand from dat perspective). Its not right and its not fair. There is no excuse for cheating let alone adultery.

Life is too short to not be happy ryt? So why temper with ur happiness by getting married to a guy in the first place?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

***xxxxxxxchocolate,ah ah u are not even the girl I talked abt her dad cheating sef. I only asked u if it wud be ur business if ur friend was ur sister. Why were then ranting and making so much noise

And whatz ur stress with what celebrities do for money. I am trying to point out the fact that even with the pressure they are not married. And theirs is worst cos they live a public life. Mehn thats ow u said the reason lesbians cheat is because of money. u just have the idea that everyone can do anytin for money.

Infact some of these celebrities are very responsible,yet u think m the one judging.

Fyi, atleast the lesbians I know dnt cheat cos of money except u mean bisexuals.