Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

confused

simple

I'm sad and I can't sleep,something has been bugging me so I decided to share. I love my girl friend and I believe she loves me too,but I'm having reasons to doubt. Lemme start from the beginning,I met this girl through a friend. She saw me once and since then started calling me,wanting to see me and stuff. I told my girlfriend abt her and I dint honor any of her invitations until she left town, I stopped picking her calls and completely avoided her cos of my gal. Few days later she added me on bbm,I honestly dint know it was her so I accepted. I later found out it was her but figured it would be childish to just delete her so I left her on my list with the intention of ignoring her,she wud msg me nd I wil ignore until she sent me a msg telling me that I was rude and she just wants to be friends nothing more. We got talking,I told her about my relationship,she told me abt hers and she's a cool girl to be honest. Moving on,I had a fight with my gf six days ago. We were talking about something then I told her I love her wahala,she replied that she doesn't have wahala o. Told her she does and she asked me to name them,then I told her what is the point naming something she won't change? She blew up and said why I'm I talking to her like that? I asked her if I was lying,den she told me to take a chill pill and go to bed. I was so angry at her rudeness,and I asked if she was talking to me lik that but she dint reply. That night I couldn't sleep,I was pissed and I was chatting with the other girl so I told her abt it(had to tell someone and I don't really have lez contacts). She told me my girlfriend doesn't love me blah blah blah,I figured she wanted to spoil my mind cos she liked me so I stopped talking to her. She later sent me a msg that someone who loves me can't go days without hearing from me,she said I should pretend to be angry and not talk to my gf for atleast a week just to see her reaction. I dint reply her but I decided to try it,that morning my girlfriend sent me a msg, she wrote; lol,so u can get angry like this? If I remind u of ur past the way u remind me on mine u won't be able to take it o. I should have a nice day and bye,I ignored her as planned. I expected an apology thou and waited through out the day for one but none came,I tried my best not to contact her. The next day she sent good morning,I dint reply then at night she said good night. The same thing happened the day after that and she asked about my health but I dint reply,she did not call me for once or even tried to know why I was ignoring her. The following day she deleted me from bbm and till today she has not called or apologised or tried to find out and resolve the issue,now I checked her status with a friend's phone and it read 'if you won't do it,someone else will'.

I have always been the one trying to make things work in our relationship,I always apologise even when she's wrong. I have built 4yrs with this person. I really do love her,and I haven't been my self. Hmmmm I'm confused,can u give 4yrs of ur life to someone you don't love??? I don't wanna confront her yet until I'm sure of staying or going.

• Moderators

I'm sad and I can't sleep,something has been bugging me so I decided to share. I love my girl friend and I believe she loves me too,but I'm having reasons to doubt. Lemme start from the beginning,I met this girl through a friend. She saw me once and since then started calling me,wanting to see me and stuff. I told my girlfriend abt her and I dint honor any of her invitations until she left town, I stopped picking her calls and completely avoided her cos of my gal. Few days later she added me on bbm,I honestly dint know it was her so I accepted. I later found out it was her but figured it would be childish to just delete her so I left her on my list with the intention of ignoring her,she wud msg me nd I wil ignore until she sent me a msg telling me that I was rude and she just wants to be friends nothing more. We got talking,I told her about my relationship,she told me abt hers and she's a cool girl to be honest. Moving on,I had a fight with my gf six days ago. We were talking about something then I told her I love her wahala,she replied that she doesn't have wahala o. Told her she does and she asked me to name them,then I told her what is the point naming something she won't change? She blew up and said why I'm I talking to her like that? I asked her if I was lying,den she told me to take a chill pill and go to bed. I was so angry at her rudeness,and I asked if she was talking to me lik that but she dint reply. That night I couldn't sleep,I was pissed and I was chatting with the other girl so I told her abt it(had to tell someone and I don't really have lez contacts). She told me my girlfriend doesn't love me blah blah blah,I figured she wanted to spoil my mind cos she liked me so I stopped talking to her. She later sent me a msg that someone who loves me can't go days without hearing from me,she said I should pretend to be angry and not talk to my gf for atleast a week just to see her reaction. I dint reply her but I decided to try it,that morning my girlfriend sent me a msg, she wrote; lol,so u can get angry like this? If I remind u of ur past the way u remind me on mine u won't be able to take it o. I should have a nice day and bye,I ignored her as planned. I expected an apology thou and waited through out the day for one but none came,I tried my best not to contact her. The next day she sent good morning,I dint reply then at night she said good night. The same thing happened the day after that and she asked about my health but I dint reply,she did not call me for once or even tried to know why I was ignoring her. The following day she deleted me from bbm and till today she has not called or apologised or tried to find out and resolve the issue,now I checked her status with a friend's phone and it read 'if you won't do it,someone else will'.

I have always been the one trying to make things work in our relationship,I always apologise even when she's wrong. I have built 4yrs with this person. I really do love her,and I haven't been my self. Hmmmm I'm confused,can u give 4yrs of ur life to someone you don't love??? I don't wanna confront her yet until I'm sure of staying or going.

Seriously, you are letting someone who doesn't live your relationship dictate whether your girlfriend loves you or not? The advice you were given was bad, and childish at best, and now it has affected your relationship. Apologizing to your girlfriend doesn't make you weak, it means you love her by seeking reconciliation. She sent you messages, and you purposely didn't reply, what exactly are you trying to prove? My advice, stop taking bad advice especially from someone that interested in you. Its your relationship, fix it.

Seriously, you are letting someone who doesn't live your relationship dictate whether your girlfriend loves you or not? The advice you were given was bad, and childish at best, and now it has affected your relationship. Apologizing to your girlfriend doesn't make you weak, it means you love her by seeking reconciliation. She sent you messages, and you purposely didn't reply, what exactly are you trying to prove? My advice, stop taking bad advice especially from someone that interested in you. Its your relationship, fix it.

u may be right, but I wouldn't have reacted that way if the situation was reversed. I would call and apologise and find out what's wrong. im not going to apologise this time thou, if she wants it to work then she will make efforts to see us reconcile. its not fair to me, well thanks.

• Moderators

u may be right, but I wouldn't have reacted that way if the situation was reversed. I would call and apologise and find out what's wrong. im not going to apologise this time thou, if she wants it to work then she will make efforts to see us reconcile. its not fair to me, well thanks.

You said you're going to apologize, then changed your mind in the next sentence. You guys need to sit down, and talk without all the outside influences. There is something in interpersonal communication called the "pillow talk" try it.

You said you're going to apologize, then changed your mind in the next sentence. You guys need to sit down, and talk without all the outside influences. There is something in interpersonal communication called the "pillow talk" try it.

I said I was expecting her to apologise but she dint. Its okay sha, she has resumed communication with her ex. Hmmm wateva sha thanks.

• Moderators

I said I was expecting her to apologise but she dint. Its okay sha, she has resumed communication with her ex. Hmmm wateva sha thanks.

So what, if she has resumed communication with her ex (she might just be talking to her), you are either ready to fight for your relationship or not.

So what, if she has resumed communication with her ex (she might just be talking to her), you are either ready to fight for your relationship or not.

I will do that but first answer this question. Do u think a girl that loves me will quickly look for a replacement just bcs I chose to be silent? I mean she had a back up plan and dts why she updated that status,don't u think I deserve better? I have endured and tolerated so much in this relationship so for her to kick me to the curb like that,I dunno o. I'm thinking of so many things ryt now and I feel used. I personally feel I should give her some space,I need the space too to think. If she is mine we will be together,I'm really unhappy ryt now o but wetin I go do. Can't force love,till now she has not made a move for reconciliation. Mtcheeew its all good,wanna stop talking about the matter sef. Thanks a lot

Pick up the phone and call her... honestly, you start this whole Mess to begin with. you own her an apology. 4 years is a long time investment however, if you feel like is no longer worth the headache, then walk away. Make sure is your decision and no one else. STOP LISTEN TO OUTSIDE INFLUENCE, IT DESTROYS A RELATIONSHIP.

Pick up the phone and call her... honestly, you start this whole Mess to begin with. you own her an apology. 4 years is a long time investment however, if you feel like is no longer worth the headache, then walk away. Make sure is your decision and no one else. STOP LISTEN TO OUTSIDE INFLUENCE, IT DESTROYS A RELATIONSHIP.

no I won't, don't be onesided. I believe she is also aware of the years we spent together and since its not important to her it shouldn't be to me. And the truth is I'm glad I took her advise atleast now I know my worth in her life, maybe the love has died and she was just hanging on to our memories. I'm not desperate for love so I wont keep on belittling my self. thanks thou but its ok, I know what to do now.

@ simple, I personally don't know you or ur girl. I only came to my conclusion based on what you wrote.This whole situation started because you called her wahala and then when she asked you to name them, you gladly did.... is almost like your girl asking if she's fat and you say yes baby, you are fat.wrong answer... even though she's wahala, you shouldnt have said anything. No one is perfect, am sure you have your flaws... if you still love her and cares for her, be the bigger person and fix it.

Am not sure what this new chick, that likes you is telling you but the grass is not always greener on the other side..... Fix it.

@ simple, I personally don't know you or ur girl. I only came to my conclusion based on what you wrote.This whole situation started because you called her wahala and then when she asked you to name them, you gladly did.... is almost like your girl asking if she's fat and you say yes baby, you are fat.wrong answer... even though she's wahala, you shouldnt have said anything. No one is perfect, am sure you have your flaws... if you still love her and cares for her, be the bigger person and fix it.

Am not sure what this new chick, that likes you is telling you but the grass is not always greener on the other side..... Fix it.

chocolate I am really not happy that u commented without reading my post. I would not start naming someone's flaws when I have mone, if u have time go thru the post again. firstly I told her I liked her wahala,secondly she asked me to name them but I refused. no one is perfect and thats why I didnt make a list.

• Administrators

It must be tough for you emotionally.If you love her and want her back then i advice you to call her. It doesn't make you less of a human being. Besides it is not always best taking advice from a third party who likes you. My own 2cents.

• Like 1

flyj ur the only one that kept my feelings into consideration, thank u for that. I will call her but not now, wanna be sure of somethings first.thanks

@ simple, it seems to me you have a problem whenever someone don't side with you... I honestly think, you didn't tell us the whole story... so you mean to tell me, you told her, you like her wahala and then all of a sudden it became an issue. Telling someone you like or dislike their wahala implies the person is troublesome. Whether you name them or not the problem has being created.

I understand you are a little mad about ur relationship. No one can fix it but you.. if you still love her, pick up the phone and call her, and if you have to apologize, so be it.. do whatever it takes to fix it. am sure you really care about her, so fix it before is too late.

• Administrators

flyj ur the only one that kept my feelings into consideration, thank u for that. I will call her but not now, wanna be sure of somethings first.thanks

Uw...make sure not to waste time. #GoodLuck

• Like 1

@ simple, it seems to me you have a problem whenever someone don't side with you... I honestly think, you didn't tell us the whole story... so you mean to tell me, you told her, you like her wahala and then all of a sudden it became an issue. Telling someone you like or dislike their wahala implies the person is troublesome. Whether you name them or not the problem has being created.

I understand you are a little mad about ur relationship. No one can fix it but you.. if you still love her, pick up the phone and call her, and if you have to apologize, so be it.. do whatever it takes to fix it. am sure you really care about her, so fix it before is too late.

Nope that's wrong,people rarely ever take sides with me and I'm used to it. In this case though,I just wished it was viewed from both angles and not just one angle. You for example dint even take time to read what I wrote before posting the first time,u just concluded that I was wrong and owed her an apology. Believe or not that was exactly what happen, a funny conversation that made me say I like ur wahala led to this big fuss.

Well I have decided that if she don't call I won't,yes I love her but I have loved before and will still love again. If she doesn't call and sits back to watch our relationship go down the drain just bcs this time I decided to sit back also,hmmm then its good riddance.

@ simple part of being in a healthy relationship, is making sacrifices and admitted wrong(whether you are wrong or not) to keep the peace. You stated in your post that she text you however, you choose to ignored her. .. isn't that childish?? What where you trying to prove... if you needed apology why didn't you answer her text then inform her about how you feel... Am not taking sides in your situation. If I were you, I will call her, tell her I miss her and am sorry.

Is your situation, handle it however suit you.

@ simple part of being in a healthy relationship, is making sacrifices and admitted wrong(whether you are wrong or not) to keep the peace. You stated in your post that she text you however, you choose to ignored her. .. isn't that childish?? What where you trying to prove... if you needed apology why didn't you answer her text then inform her about how you feel... Am not taking sides in your situation. If I were you, I will call her, tell her I miss her and am sorry.

Is your situation, handle it however suit you.

I agree I was a lil bit childish, but lemme ask u. If u are in a relationship and ur gf ignores u for just 2days,will u find out why or delete her?

Well I am not apologising,it takes two to run a relationship and she is getting used to the fact that I always apologise and taking advantage of it. This time I say NO. Thank u

Wow.... you girls need to make up.... if you use to be the apologizing one, That's good. One more apology wouldnt kill you or her... y'all need to apologize to each other and make up... that doesn't mean you wrong or she's wrong. It just means yall love each other and are willing to make it work at all means. If you have to be the non stubborn one, that's great. Do it

• Administrators

You both better sort out ur differences and don't kill each other.

It is just "SORRY" nothing else.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I will do that but first answer this question. Do u think a girl that loves me will quickly look for a replacement just bcs I chose to be silent? I mean she had a back up plan and dts why she updated that status,don't u think I deserve better? I have endured and tolerated so much in this relationship so for her to kick me to the curb like that,I dunno o. I'm thinking of so many things ryt now and I feel used. I personally feel I should give her some space,I need the space too to think. If she is mine we will be together,I'm really unhappy ryt now o but wetin I go do. Can't force love,till now she has not made a move for reconciliation. Mtcheeew its all good,wanna stop talking about the matter sef. Thanks a lot

I agree I was a lil bit childish, but lemme ask u. If u are in a relationship and ur gf ignores u for just 2days,will u find out why or delete her?

Well I am not apologising,it takes two to run a relationship and she is getting used to the fact that I always apologise and taking advantage of it. This time I say NO. Thank u

*Sits down* I am going to enjoy this show. Abeg bring popcorn make we watch show

Wow.... you girls need to make up.... if you use to be the apologizing one, That's good. One more apology wouldnt kill you or her... y'all need to apologize to each other and make up... that doesn't mean you wrong or she's wrong. It just means yall love each other and are willing to make it work at all means. If you have to be the non stubborn one, that's great. Do it

Hmmm ur probably right. I'm tired of fighting sef,its too stressful and I really miss her. Mtcheeew I will just swallow my pride nd call na,thanks.

You both better sort out ur differences and don't kill each other.

It is just "SORRY" nothing else.

Abi,I'm here dying and she's there flexing. Once my friend releases my phone,I will call her.

*Sits down* I am going to enjoy this show. Abeg bring popcorn make we watch show

No need for that,my Initial Gra Gra has ended. I'm going to beg jor b4 someone snatches her under my nose.

• Administrators

Abi,I'm here dying and she's there flexing. Once my friend releases my phone,I will call her.

Sounds Good

• Like 1