Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

how will you feel..Act ïf you notice ur bestie havin romantic feelings towards u..?

Abystacy

• 2 months later...

The closest person to me right now is straight and knows I'm into girls,so if she starts having feelings for me,I'll just have to be subtle in my approach so I don't make her feel rejected..Ah..Chi i don't think I'll want that for us...we very cool as friends(she gets me die)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hmmmm.. This happened to me..

My bestie was also into girls though i was never attracted to her but i never knew she was into me, eventually she opened up and i told her point blank 'not possible' it didnt sit well with her.

She stopped talking to me and i had to move of the apartment cos i couldnt take the silence.

• Moderators

Hmmmm.. This happened to me..

My bestie was also into girls though i was never attracted to her but i never knew she was into me, eventually she opened up and i told her point blank 'not possible' it didnt sit well with her.

She stopped talking to me and i had to move of the apartment cos i couldnt take the silence.

Awwwh... eyah. Come for a hug

• 2 years later...

If I like her and if the setting's right..I will go for it. But if I feel nothing, I ain't doing stuff. But no, won't make her feel bad or anything, just still cool except she opts out

• Moderators

Mehn... no more bestie business o. Hahaha! I rather not lose a friendship over a breakup. That said, my preference always has been lover turned best friend.

Not a good idea.

Try not to fall for your best friend if you can help it lol. If for some reason it doesn't work out, there will most likely be a fallout. Goodbye to years of friendship 👎🏾

I would act the same way I would if anyone fancies me: go for it if I'm feeling them, or kindly turn them down if I am not.

See, the heart is a bitch and you cannot control who it falls for most of the time. I can't blame her for her feelings (anyways I am awesome so it is expected). But jokes aside, the added layer of friendship should mean that we can talk about this as adults and not be weird. 

I just shut my eyes and imagine me kissing my bestie. It feel awkward mehn. We've been together since childhood. We're more like sisters. Maybe if we didn't grew up together and the friendship is still young and what I feel for her. I might return the feelings and we turn lovers.    

My best friend is a guy, but my 'bestest' friend right now is a girl. We've been friends from high school. 

The shocker is, my best friend knows I am lesbian,but my bestest friend has no idea. 

Now, reason why I haven't told my bestest friend is cos we are too close, and we have come a longgg way.. 

We have shared stuff, clothes, bed, room, soo many personal stuff. Secrets and all. 

We have had baths together, she has been naked in my presence ,and vice versa .. 

So I am thinking, if I come out to her, would she make a conscious effort not to get naked in my presence again for fear of tempting me? 

Would she want to get naked intentionally to get my attention?

I don't want to ruin what we have, so I would never have anything to do with her. 

However, I prefer being best friends with whoever I am in love with/and married to, than being in love with my 'best friend'. 

• 1 month later...

the last post here was in 2014...I know but this has really got my attention coz only recently I've been getting some weird vibes from my bestie. she just seems more affectionate and full of compliments. she's totally straight. (don't know who else prefers a straight bestie to a lez eh. ..bestie) I tend to just roll with it but don't want things to get awkward.

• 9 months later...

Well... It depends...  If we have been besties n we develop intimate feelings along the way I won't dare! 

but if we have developed intimate feelings and for some reasons we decided to be friends n we become besties and then the feelings grew stronger.  I will