Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Can A Long distance Lesbian Relationship Survive

chocolat

We don,t hv to live in diff towns for me miss or appreciate u....sometimes...we cud wake up from d same bed everyday,bt i' d still miss u wen u we leave for work in mornin,knowing fully well we wud be both back home dat same evening,...communication is very important ,long distance rshp or not...i'm a very practical person,so If we can't see every wkend(four times a month),or at least three times a wk,then 4got it!

• 1 month later...

I have been in a long distance relationship ,and it lasted. I think the base of every relationship be it long distance or short distance is "COMMUNICATION".If you have that going, then there is a high possibility that it will work out. Another issue is "TRUST" if trust is established then things will work out. I totally agree with the tips you gave. All relationships not just long distance require a lot of work and commitment. Something I've learned in my long-distance relationships: When things get tough, keep in touch.

U have said it all, very true

• 1 month later...

It can work for me,i take my relationship seriously and i expect to be in a relationship where we'd respect each other's boundaries.Distance doesn't bother me one bit,thank God for tech,life has been made easy and communication cheap as well.Like flyj outrightly said,all relationships require a lot of work and commitment,the mo we both agree to be in a relationship,we are indirectly making the promise to give each other our best...and that's how to earn trust.

But what about sex?? ...That's important in a relationship too.... I don't know if I can hold out long distance

But what about sex?? ...That's important in a relationship too.... I don't know if I can hold out long distance

v.important..that's the spice,someone like me yea,i think/want sex when I'm with my partner but when not together,it's off my mind completely

• 2 months later...

Been in a long distance relationship, loved it. You get all the exclusivity without the clingy. There were days I woke up missing her like crazy that I couldn't really function but it made every time we were together special. What made it easy is that we spoke for at least an hour EVERY MORNING - except for exceptional circumstances- and it felt like we were living together because we had that familiarity. It can be frustrating that when you fight, you can't kiss and makeup, when she's mad you can't reach over and hug her (immediately) and you can't do the regular mundane stuff often like grocery shopping, cooking, cinema or even random arguments, and that sucks. But if you find the balance that works for both of you, there is nothing else like it: the best of both worlds.

Is a lot of work sha (ask my bank account) but it's worth it if she's worth it.

Random things that only long distance people think about: synchronised periods. That can totally put a screw to your plans if you don't sort that out fast. It took us two visits to learn that lesson. #Protip: you need to know her cycle, your cycle and purchase tickets appropriately. Lol

Distance relationship can be very difficult cos sometimes no matter how much communication and trust..something always comes up to test and shake ur faith in that person, which if u are not careful would lead to the beginning of crashing relationship. On the other hand, distance relationship works when u know ur partner to a large extent that even when circumstance comes in to test ur Love and trust,u would be able to stand it's test. So it balls down to the person n how willingly the parties are to make things work notwithstanding the sacrifices. In conclusion, the reality is no matter how much u love ur space, distance relationship can be very difficult and sometimes u would need that special one close to u.

Random things that only long distance people think about: synchronised periods. That can totally put a screw to your plans if you don't sort that out fast. It took us two visits to learn that lesson. #Protip: you need to know her cycle, your cycle and purchase tickets appropriately. Lol

I totally agree with you on that.."knowing each other cycle"

As much as i love long distance relationships. Its truly difficult. Had my fair share,wen the fights start coming in. It just shakes the foundation of whatmu ve been tryingnto build for awhike. It takes love, commitment and understanding to pull through thatnstage

• 5 weeks later...

Been in a long distance relationship, loved it. You get all the exclusivity without the clingy. There were days I woke up missing her like crazy that I couldn't really function but it made every time we were together special. What made it easy is that we spoke for at least an hour EVERY MORNING - except for exceptional circumstances- and it felt like we were living together because we had that familiarity. It can be frustrating that when you fight, you can't kiss and makeup, when she's mad you can't reach over and hug her (immediately) and you can't do the regular mundane stuff often like grocery shopping, cooking, cinema or even random arguments, and that sucks. But if you find the balance that works for both of you, there is nothing else like it: the best of both worlds.

Is a lot of work sha (ask my bank account) but it's worth it if she's worth it.

True talk @ Althena