Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

GayDar?

moresko

Everyone has a right to NOT like a certain kind of people just as everyone should have a right to love a certain kind of people. Me I like gay guys but I didn't see any problem with her not liking gay guys. We can't just force our likes and dislikes down other peoples throats. And I also think someone could be gay and homophobic at the same time , doesn't mean the person hates him/herself, probably means he/she hates some aspects of being gay , or being publicly gay.

Of course I know everyone has a right to his/her opinion about things ma'am...I agreed with Lovebird on this DON't JUDGE ANYONE BefORE YOU GET TO KNoW THEM!!

Nah, it's like a straight person saying they don't like gays. I'd take offence. There's more to an individual than their sexuality and to judge them simply on that is bleh. I'm a lesbian but I am so much more than that. To have some random person rest my value or likeability on the premise of me liking women or worse-not conforming to his idea of femininity would be ignorant.

But back to the discussion. I have 0 gaydar. One has to be flamboyantly gay for me to peg them as queer. I'd probably walk into a gay bar and still be unable to pick out gay men by intuition only

Nah, it's like a straight person saying they don't like gays. I'd take offence. There's more to an individual than their sexuality and to judge them simply on that is bleh. I'm a lesbian but I am so much more than that. To have some random person rest my value or likeability on the premise of me liking women or worse-not conforming to his idea of femininity would be ignorant.

Yeah you could take offence but that doesn't reduce the person's right not to like you for being gay. While you are annoyed that you are being judged, you are actually judging someone for being homophobic, which he really has a right to be , just as you have a right to be gay.For me when anyone acts like they do not like or approve of me, I take it in my stride cos the hate they have is within their own space and doesn't really affect me, i just go on being me and pay such person no heed.So at the end we are all good, him with his hate and me with my not caring that he exists talk less of his opinions.

I do not like-cannot like effeminate men. Now, its nt their Gayism i dnt like bt d feminine attributes they display. If it were not so i wldnt like gay men dat aren't effeminate. AND, not all effeminate men are gay.

I dnt like girly men. I neva liked girly boys my age or not. I just dnt understand why a man wld be doing like chewing gum. I see it as being weak. I knw they cant help it bt neither can i and there's rily nothing i can do abt it.

Logically i shdnt like tomboys too but there's no logic in this..

If there was anything abt me dat i cld change to stop feeling this way abt them, i wld.

I have lots of effeminate gay friends and I'm not embarrass or annoyed by them for who they are, infact, I find them truly unique, i always try to see myself in their shoes and admire their confidence,do you think they truly set out to be like that? I have some of them who go through hell because of their "supposed" stupid tag. That's why effeminate gay guys hang around their circle, because of criticism. you see them in Two's or more. yes its true that effeminate gay guys can be really over the top, they sometimes tend to over do it same as tomboys and many of us here!and as much as I try to understand where your coming from though, it really doesn't make any sense. I mean come on, men chew gum both straight and gay and i dont see how it affects the price of chewing gum in SPA or mallam's shop? You can't control or dictate how other people should express themselves to make yourself feel better. In all honesty,Would you want someone to write you off just because of your voice,the way you dress,talk or walk? I guess Not..Look at people as individuals that have value and find their inner beauty.None of us are perfect. beside if you don't like the way or the feminine attributes they display, then it is a rather simple solution. ..DO EYES LEFT or DON'T WATCH THEM OR LOOK AT THEM...either way it isn't going to kill you.. will it? Lol. There are more important things in life to get irritated with.

seriously, how does the way they act impact on my life? as long as they ain't encroaching or invading my space.

we really have to put our prejudices aside. because no matter your how we wanna look at it or try to justify our attitude to them, the bottom line is that we are all the same. we all like same sex.

Is there anyone you're fighting with?

Anyway, my post wasn't written based on your thoughts, feelings or emotions..because..I couldn't possibly care less what you think! Nor do I care if you have them as friends or not! What’s my business if you find them unique? Do you think it concerns me that you put them in your shoes?

I don't care either if my post makes sense to you or not..it only shows your own level of understanding. Haha now you make me laugh. As much as I don't like explaining myself to anyone, you really need it. 'Doing like Chewing Gum' not literally. Choi!

Who said anything about controlling, dictating or needing anyone to make oneself feel better? Is this a projection of how you feel about yourself? Except you're hallucinating, you need to be reminded that you digressed from the main topic. That you feel like talking doesn't mean you should say everything.

Whether you're saying this 'In all honesty' or not, how does Iris's single opinion affect the way others see themselves when there are more than 7 billion people in d world?

Didn't I state clearly that "I know they can't help it"? What is it that you're searching for that you can't find? Search properly, you shall find it in my post!

Need I remind you that I said "I do not like effeminate men"..NOT "Do Not Like Effeminate Men", "I see it as being weak" NOT "They are Weak". I think you need to be reminded of a lot of things. That "Logically I shouldn’t like Tomboys but there's no Logic...". Do you know what this means? Tell u. It means, my thoughts on effeminate men are perception-based not logic-based. Na my own personal matter and if you wanna have apoplexy because of it, go ahead.

Yes, nobody is perfect. If you truly believe in this imperfection you’re preaching about, why do you worry so much about someone not liking another's imperfection? Because we are not perfect beings, imperfections are meant to be and someone will certainly not like you for it! That’s the reality of Life, so snap out of your dream. If someone doesn't like you for your imperfections let it be their headache. There are people who can't stand Toms while some adore them.

And, what I count as important or not shouldn’t be your business..except you don’t have things to do! Look at what? Abystacy, you can’t choose for me how I'd see people, we do not see through d same eyes..and can NEVA.

Stop being myopic jare. Must everything be explained to you before you understand? If at the end of the day the 'Bottom line' of your whole story is "That we are all d same. We all like same sex", then I can understand why you couldn’t get it in d first place.

I think its THAT time of the month somewhere around here, Simps my Nigs lets go find shade to sit down and drink coca cola and chop bitter cola.

• Moderators

I do not like-cannot like effeminate men. Now, its nt their Gayism i dnt like bt d feminine attributes they display. If it were not so i wldnt like gay men dat aren't effeminate. AND, not all effeminate men are gay.

I dnt like girly men. I neva liked girly boys my age or not. I just dnt understand why a man wld be doing like chewing gum. I see it as being weak. I knw they cant help it bt neither can i and there's rily nothing i can do abt it.

Logically i shdnt like tomboys too but there's no logic in this..

If there was anything abt me dat i cld change to stop feeling this way abt them, i wld.

I agree, nothing that was said is logical. Equating effeminate men to chewing gum and calling them is weak is pretty offensive but that's your opinion.

I think its THAT time of the month somewhere around here, Simps my Nigs lets go find shade to sit down and drink coca cola and chop bitter cola.

Wow, throwing out the "period" comeback during an argument, real mature.

I agree, nothing that was said is logical. Equating effeminate men to chewing gum and calling them is weak is pretty offensive but that's your opinion.

Do u even knw wat Chewing gum means in dis context? E.g Chewing gum girls are girls considered to be extremely girly, buttered, scream wen they see rodents.... Now d opposite will be 'Chewing gum Guys'. If i see dat as being weak 'in a man' dats bcz i dnt see wit Moresko's eyes. I dnt tink i've used a word so distasteful dat wld make d world come to an end.

Do u find dat 'pretty offensive' bcz u've not said anything offensive to anyone this past few weeks? C'mon...stop dis unnecessary hypocrisy.

Do you even know what Chewing gum means in this context? Chewing gum girls are girls considered to be extremely girly, buttered, scream when they see rodents....which isn't a bad thing. Now the opposite will be 'Chewing gum Guys'. If I see that as being weak 'in a man' that's because I don't see with Moresko's eyes. I don't think I've used a word so distasteful that the world would come to an end.

Do you find that 'pretty offensive' because you've not said anything offensive to anyone this past few weeks? C'mon...stop this unnecessary hypocrisy.

Can u ladies stop picking fights with each other. In the world of arguments were i come from. Arguments are based on proof, or who can convince who much more not resulting to undignified insults cos someone exhibits an idea u dnt agree with. Pls wen re mature minded people here. Stop acting like kids.# I rest my Case#

• Moderators

Do u even knw wat Chewing gum means in dis context? E.g Chewing gum girls are girls considered to be extremely girly, buttered, scream wen they see rodents.... Now d opposite will be 'Chewing gum Guys'. If i see dat as being weak 'in a man' dats bcz i dnt see wit Moresko's eyes. I dnt tink i've used a word so distasteful dat wld make d world come to an end.

Do u find dat 'pretty offensive' bcz u've not said anything offensive to anyone this past few weeks? C'mon...stop dis unnecessary hypocrisy.

Please name one offensive thing I've said about a person (it has to be about the person) that I've said in the past week. I believe what you said is/ was offensive but that's my opinion.

Biko , shift for me, I wan join una make my own coke three bottles.....

Can u ladies stop picking fights with each other. In the world of arguments were i come from. Arguments are based on proof, or who can convince who much more not resulting to undignified insults cos someone exhibits an idea u dnt agree with. Pls wen re mature minded people here. Stop acting like kids.# I rest my Case#

The "law" has spoken... So ladies listen to her okay

Well for one I wasn't arguing with any one, secondly its general knowledge that ladies become somewhat militant when the "period" is about , thirdly its real mature of you to call my maturity to question on a simple tension diffusing joke,fourthly if you really couldn't see that joke for what it was, could it be that the "period" joke hit too close to home for you? If so I'd recommend panadol extra, it works magic.