Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

GayDar?

moresko

• Moderators

Gaydar (a portmanteau of gay and radar) is a colloquialism referring to the intuitive ability of a person to assess others' sexual orientations as gay, bisexual or heterosexual. Gaydar relies almost exclusively on non-verbal clues and LGBT stereotypes. These include (but are not limited to) the sensitivity to social behaviors and mannerisms; for instance, acknowledging flamboyant body language, the tone of voice used by a person when speaking, overtly rejecting traditional gender roles, a person's occupation and grooming habits.

Personally, my gaydar has been 99.99% as gaydar although I don't reply on it. What your opinion and how's your gaydar?

I honestly can't say for sure. I personally, don't rely on it because one can make the wrong assumption. Most people I know who are GAY or BI, one can never guess they are unless they told you themselves.

I honestly can't say for sure. I personally, don't rely on it because one can make the wrong assumption. Most people I know who are GAY or BI, one can never guess they are unless they informed you themselves.

Okay, I do believe some people have some kind of innate ability to tell whether a person is gay or bisexual, it's weird but it's possible.

My gaydar? Ha! I've never actually put it to use. Quite frankly, I usually don't ponder on people's sexual prefrence upon first meeting.

Okay, I do believe some people have some kind of innate ability to tell whether a person is gay or bisexual, it's weird but it's possible.

My gaydar? Ha! I've never actually put it to use. Quite frankly, I usually don't ponder on people's sexual prefrence upon first meeting or whenever.

Lol well for me, I hav a finely tuned gardar.. I do say 98percent..depending on the mood I look out for body contact..eye contact..fïnger nails...mode of dressing...how the person walks, talks, smile,...I don't knw how I do that but I can fish out anyo e who's gay...lol

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Lol well for me, I hav a finely tuned gardar.. I do say 98percent..depending on the mood I look out for body contact..eye contact..fïnger nails...mode of dressing...how the person walks, talks, smile,...I don't knw how I do that but I can fish out anyo e who's gay...lol

Good stuff...

Hmmm. Im not certain. Im good at this. But i have put t to the test a few times.

Id say it was more luck than intuition bt mst of the guesses were rigjt..lol. tz nice tht ppl can spot tho. Reminds me of alice from "The L word". Lool.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine flunctates, mainly because I try to disregard the obvious signs most of the time, for fear of conforminh to stereotypes. But one gay friend I used to hv said he knew I liked girls even before I told him, and we hadn't talked much then

But I knew he was gay since the first time I laid eyes on him. In fairness to him, it's quite obvious, but in school he carried himself with the air of a regular guy that had a touch of feminity cuz the girls loved it- and it helped him. He acted like a regular guy with his fellow guys, and acted himself with d girls.

He's so gay, he left his fone on a table at a party because he wasn't to get a close view of a hot male guy modelling for the ladies at d party- ℓ☺ℓ

• Moderators

Hahahahaha.i dont like gays. actually i guess am still homophobic.

You're gay, same sex attractions are gay. If you don't like yourself, good for you then.

No actully i mean gay men.especialy ones dat are femme.who said i dont like me?i know one thing for sure, i love women alot and only women and that makes me a lesbian for sure.

• Moderators

No actully i mean gay men.especialy ones dat are femme.who said i dont like me?i know one thing for sure, i love women alot and only women and that makes me a lesbian for sure.

What did gay men do to you? What if they decide express themselves effeminately? You look at someone, and decide you don't like them because they twirl a little.

• Moderators

@ moresko coz you like em that does not mean evrybody should do dsame.i just dont flow with them thats all.

These isn't about me liking them or not. I don't dislike gay men, I don't dislike straight men or straight women either. My point is that we should see people as individuals not as the label society decides to stamp on them. You've not met every effeminate male on earth, but you already decided you don't like them because they are effeminate.

And I'm sure she hasn't even had one on one conversation or discussion wit dem..she's already judging!!**sigh* DON't JUDGE ANYONE BefORE YOU GET TO KNoW THEM!!

• 7 months later...

And I'm sure she hasn't even had one on one conversation or discussion wit dem..she's already judging!!**sigh* DON't JUDGE ANYONE BefORE YOU GET TO KNoW THEM!!

Word!

Word!

Everyone has a right to NOT like a certain kind of people just as everyone should have a right to love a certain kind of people. Me I like gay guys but I didn't see any problem with her not liking gay guys. We can't just force our likes and dislikes down other peoples throats. And I also think someone could be gay and homophobic at the same time , doesn't mean the person hates him/herself, probably means he/she hates some aspects of being gay , or being publicly gay.