Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Children?

moresko

• Moderators

Would you have children with a same sex partner? Does the sexual orientation of parents matter? How might a gay or lesbian couple's parenting style differ from that of the mother/ father? What affects do you think this may have on the children? Any negative impacts? Should gay and lesbian couples be allowed to adopt?

Personally I want to have to children with a same sex partner either by adoption, IVF, or whatever method we settle on. I don't think my sexual orientation matters, I believe it's the values we teach our children that really matters. A homosexual is just as qualified as any heterosexual at raising children. Heterosexuals and homosexuals can be both bad parents and good parents and it's the individual that decides the parent they are, not their sexuality. Sexual orientation does not matter.

I can't say how parenting might differ, expect from dealing with homophobia, my family will be traditional Nigerian family with cane, and everything included (just kidding).

I think dat it shuldnt affect...-in fact I was having dis discussion wit ma frnds..n like 80% said dat been gay doesn't mean u'l b a bad parent or it'l affect d child..it all depends on hw u bring dem up..n d children can decide dem self if dey wanna b like deir parents or diff sex..it all depends on d parent...as 4 me..I'l definitely have children wit same sex partner..2ru any method #fact#

• Administrators

I think dat it shuldnt affect...-in fact I was having dis discussion wit ma frnds..n like 80% said dat been gay doesn't mean u'l b a bad parent or it'l affect d child..it all depends on hw u bring dem up..n d children can decide dem self if dey wanna b like deir parents or diff sex..it all depends on d parent...as 4 me..I'l definitely have children wit same sex partner..2ru any method #fact#

Couldn't have said it any better.

• 2 weeks later...

I really want kids and I know I wil make a good parent, my only problem is the stigma. I dont want my child to be an outcast, dont know if it will be fair to drag a child into my world but I really wanna have kids

• Administrators

Extended family? Makes sense but as far as they don't feel like that with you, they should be fine.

easy for u to say

one way or another the child is gonna feel strange awkward and different...he or she is gonna have kids taunting him or her at school..its Def gonna happen

• Upvote 1

• Moderators

easy for u to say

one way or another the child is gonna feel strange awkward and different...he or she is gonna have kids taunting him or her at school..its Def gonna happen

I don't think FlyJ is saying everything is going to be nice and rosy, far from it. Of course, kids will be kids and say things but at the end of the day, you have to love and protect that child no matter what. Are homosexuals exempt from having kids because our kids will be bullied, or are we going to stand strong, show society that its the values we teach our kids that matters at the end of the day, not the sexuality of the parent.

• Administrators

easy for u to say

Please go back and read my comment again.Thank You.

Spot on Moresko

I don't think FlyJ is saying everything is going to be nice and rosy, far from it. Of course, kids will be kids and say things but at the end of the day, you have to love and protect that child no matter what. Are homosexuals exempt from having kids because our kids will be bullied, or are we going to stand strong, show society that its the values we teach our kids that matters at the end of the day, not the sexuality of the parent.

Well said....

• Moderators

I'm not saying u said...I'm just giving the negative side ..it got to be weighd...its not as easy as it sounds...

Nobody said its going to be easy.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Either way, hetero or homo relationship, I want kids. However with a same sex partner, i'd want to have all girls. Girls reason better and handle peer pressure a lot better. Trust me, the bullies. Will come hard at those kids and I need them to not break. I can count on the quiet strength of a girl but a boy always needs his buddies. I don't want a boy that turns homophobic and tries to kill us cause he's angry about what his mates are saying.

I wantu ve jus a baby gal wit m partner buh ion knw hw posible it's gona be in Nigeria, she is gonna def ask kwesions, she may be bullied and insulted and dt wud break m hrt buh same tym I hoping d love we wud both shower on her shud be enugh

I wantu ve jus a baby gal wit m partner buh ion knw hw posible it's gona be in Nigeria, she is gonna def ask kwesions, she may be bullied and insulted and dt wud break m hrt buh same tym I hoping d love we wud both shower on her shud be enugh

Most times, baby girls don't ask questions. If you offer one, she'll listen but if you never do she'll still always understand and make excuses for you and just try to be the best baby girl in the world for you.

• Administrators

So sweet...just believe your love will conquer all.

Wish she would be my daughter too. She'd be so pretty. You know, we would conceive in love. Just before you climax. Chei.

Yes, baby. Scream my name. Bury your fingers into the skin on my back. Spread it out, honey. Awwww... I see my lovely kids already in that love city. Now, lets go on a ride.