Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Children?

moresko

I strongly believe that the issue of same sex couple having kids is gonna be awkward to the society but like I always say, Am not in a relationship with the society. Its about finding someone who's ready to take the bumper ride with you, someone who is willing to fight for what they believe in who loves you enough to shut out the world for your sake. I hear people say "if we were outside Nigeria it would had been easier". I disagree, we always think because the Western world approves of it that is easier over there but the truth is, it isn't. You have to do everything to prove yourself and be willing to deal with Homophobias which by the way are numerous in number over there.

Raising kids is not about skills or intelligence, raising kids is about living one day at a time, there's no formula about raising kids and their future has nothing to do about who raised them. like my Warri friend will say (Pikin wey go spoil go spoil even if na for cele church e grow).

All kids want is a loving home and kind tutelage and since Homo Relationships are mostly lovely and accommodating I think we are better qualifies to raised kids even but how far we will go is dependent on who your partner is.#longepistle

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

You killed it. It just depends on how far yourself and your partner are willing to go. Most people think it's easier in the West...it isn't.

• 2 weeks later...

I plan on doing it in the next 2-*** years. There was a study done recently that showed that kids turn out pretty much the same whether they have gay or straight parents. Someone posted it on my TL on twitter but I am sure you can google it. Only hard part I foresee is dealing with my religious parents. Having kids alone whilst being a lesbian.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

I plan on doing it in the next 2-*** years. There was a study done recently that showed that kids turn out pretty much the same whether they have gay or straight parents. Someone posted it on my TL on twitter but I am sure you can google it. Only hard part I foresee is dealing with my religious parents. Having kids alone whilst being a lesbian.

Yes, it boils down to dealing with family and having to answer the numerous questions. Although, i think it would be easier if you have an understanding partner.

I do want kids next year or the year after but I've honestly said that consistently eaxh year for the past three years.

But when that time does come, it'll be with the plan to raise the child independently... Unless I was already in love with someone at the time.

I intend to have actual sex to conceive. Id IVF it if I had to though.

• 4 years later...