Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Biphobia?

moresko

• Moderators

Biphobia has been described as fear or aversion towards bisexuals or bisexuality, which may include negative stereotyping or denial of the existence of bisexuals. Bisexuality is romantic, physical and/or sexual attraction toward males and females; for some people it also encompasses attractions to all gender identities and biological sexes, meaning bisexuality isn't always binary.

Bisexual women are regularly seen as experimenting straight girls, lesbians in denial, and promiscuous. They've also been called confused, greedy, cock hungry, flakey. switch-hitter and dishonest. Some people believe that bisexual people spread AIDS/HIV and other STDs, some people think they call themselves bisexuals because it is "trendy", and think bisexuals only have committed relationships with "opposite" sex/gender partners.

Personally, I believe bisexual attraction/ relationships is as valid as heterosexual or homosexuals ones. I don't believe bisexuals are promiscuous or confused, being promiscuous has nothing to do with sexual identity. I know that some lesbians believe that bisexual women will leave them for men, but lesbians who would be more hurt by a bisexual partner leaving them for a man than they would if they were left for another woman should ask themselves why they see heterosexual sex as more legitimate than lesbian sex. It’s devaluing the connection made between two women.

Another reason is that they think a bisexual women might "miss the cock" or "feel" of a man thereby enforcing feeling of inadequacy within the lesbian, and most lesbians don't want to deal with that.

I have "being" with bisexual women sexually, but I've never dated a bisexual woman, maybe its some form of internalized biphobia but I just don't. Like I said before, bisexual attractions to men were as valid as were their attractions to women, and I respect it.

So, what do you think? Let's hear your opinions and experiences.

I think its real,im bi sexual and i love women and men. Like, genuinely love both. I think when you cheat, its cheating wether with a man for woman or the other way. Its a personal conviction. The only reason, i wld never date only men is cause i adore women, and i couldnt be with just women, cause men are like the icing too on the cake (lol). The sex that comes along with all of it, is just bonus points. People who iudge us are mising the point, Its not just male or female, She or he. Its a state of mind and its a gift, To be able to be blessed passionately by our experiences with both sexes..

Biphobia has been described as fear or aversion towards bisexuals or bisexuality, which may include negative stereotyping or denial of the existence of bisexuals. Bisexuality is romantic, physical and/or sexual attraction toward males and females; for some people it also encompasses attractions to all gender identities and biological sexes, meaning bisexuality isn't always binary.

Bisexual women are regularly seen as experimenting straight girls, lesbians in denial, and promiscuous. They've also been called confused, greedy, cock hungry, flakey. switch-hitter and dishonest. Some people believe that bisexual people spread AIDS/HIV and other STDs, some people think they call themselves bisexuals because it is "trendy", and think bisexuals only have committed relationships with "opposite" sex/gender partners.

Personally, I believe bisexual attraction/ relationships is as valid as heterosexual or homosexuals ones. I don't believe bisexuals are promiscuous or confused, being promiscuous has nothing to do with sexual identity. I know that some lesbians believe that bisexual women will leave them for men, but lesbians who would be more hurt by a bisexual partner leaving them for a man than they would if they were left for another woman should ask themselves why they see heterosexual sex as more legitimate than lesbian sex. It’s devaluing the connection made between two women.

Another reason is that they think a bisexual women might "miss the cock" or "feel" of a man thereby enforcing feeling of inadequacy within the lesbian, and most lesbians don't want to deal with that.

I have "being" with bisexual women sexually, but I've never dated a bisexual woman, maybe its some form of internalized biphobia but I just don't. Like I said before, bisexual attractions to men were as valid as were their attractions to women, and I respect it.

I personally don't judge anyone of their lifestyles. Is whatever floats your boat; You only have one life to live so be happy. A few of my friends are bisexuals and love them dearly..

The phobia lesbians have for bisexuals is totally true cos my gf exhibits all of this. But to 'missing the cock'? I don't agree with that. if ur relationship is based on love then sex shld be secondary. D sex ur partner can or can't give to u shldnt be top priority except of course ur relationship is based on sex.

The only problem I have with bisexuals is that they tend to want both (a bf and a gf) at thesame time, hence d belief that they are selfish and unfaithful. But this is not 100% true cos I know some faithful bisexuals.

• Downvote 1

• 5 months later...

I think its real,im bi sexual and i love women and men. Like, genuinely love both. I think when you cheat, its cheating wether with a man for woman or the other way. Its a personal conviction. The only reason, i wld never date only men is cause i adore women, and i couldnt be with just women, cause men are like the icing too on the cake (lol). The sex that comes along with all of it, is just bonus points. People who iudge us are mising the point, Its not just male or female, She or he. Its a state of mind and its a gift, To be able to be blessed passionately by our experiences with both sexes..

Dis is very good. I like dis.

Confused, greedy, cock-hungry, flakey, dishonest...lol

I dnt define myself by wat others say or tink.

Lol. U discriminate against bisexuals, heterosexuals discriminate against you and u cry asking God why ur gay...oh dats fair enuff.

@milaz ,don't worry, i gat dis hehehe..@minini i've sent "my boy" ,'BILL GATES' to give u my unlimited Atm card,along wit the password of cos:-P ..so he just got in MY CHOPPER,don't fret,he wud find u,..:-P hahahah lmao

• 1 month later...
Guest Lala1

I consider myself bisexual, having both been with men and women, well maybe woman, since it was just one woman. I believe at the end of the day,what should matter is who makes you the happiest and whose values/shit you think you can put up with. The rest is all icing on the cake. :)/>