Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Dating a woman with kids

moresko

• Moderators

Would you date (serious relationship) a single woman who already has kids?

Personally, it depends on many factors because if you're in a relationship with her, you're in a relationship with her children also; not to even talk of the ex that you would have to deal with also.

• Moderators

Why are you guys saying no?dont tell me u are afraid of kids.pls for me i can.

It has nothing to do with fear. Some people might not want to deal with the responsibility that comes with kids so early in a relationship. Like dreamgal said, what if the kids don't like you? What happens if the relationship ends, and you've become really emotionally attached to the kids? Lots to think about.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

No matter how much yourl into eachother.. At the end of the day it all depends on the kid/s if they accept you or not.. Its harder when the kids are grown, but when they little they just need a 'bribe' lol.. Some candy, play with them, be interested in their world. Yourl end up being the best of buddies.. As for the father.. Well if he seems like a threat.. Then will just have to eliminate him! Lol *jokes*

I also know someone who got attached to her partners kid, but unfortunately they brokeup because of pressure from family who thought that the kid will grow up to be confused.

• Moderators

Hell no! Too much baggage! Ur lone time 2gether is totally doomed!

Everyone has baggage, whether emotional or physical , and if the couple really cares for one another I'm sure they can make time for one another.

Everyone has baggage, whether emotional or physical , and if the couple really cares for one another I'm sure they can make time for one another.

..no one is perfect so,we def all hv bagages ,experience has thot me a million times over ,so hell no Moresko,we all hv our opinions now don't we. ?We individually knw wat works 4 us n what doesn't.we can't all be the same,so HELL NO! not dis type of bagage!

• Moderators

..no one is perfect so,we def all hv bagages ,experience has thot me a million times over ,so hell no Moresko,we all hv our opinions now don't we. ?We individually knw wat works 4 us n what doesn't.we can't all be the same,so HELL NO! not dis type of bagage!

Wow, I don't have dog in this fight, just pointing obvious counter opinions

• Moderators

I don't hv dogs either honey,..we all hv our opinions..no beef here at all..no wahala!

Lol...I can't even

• 4 years later...

I definitely can. If it's one then it's easier for me but when we are talking 3 to 6 kids.. my God!! Don't know what I would do.