Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

WOULD YOU DATE YOUR FRIEND'S SISTER

MENA

A friend of mine just  came to town of late for few days. She put up with her elder sister for the period of her stay in town.

So l was meeting her elder sister for the first time . During my friend's stay, we where hanging out almost every other day

still one day we had l little clash. So l went my way.

But some how, during does meeting, her elder sister and l  always had this special moments together and l was crushing on her, and she too was into me.

When things went rough between me and my friend, l didnt  go see her again before she left town.

So l didnt have the chance to get the sister's number and still l didnt feel right to go to her house even after my friend had returned to her base.

But surprisingly  yesterday, the elder sister called me, and she said she likes me and she wants to hang out with me and we agreed to meet next week.

But l have this mix feelings about the whole thing:

1. One she is my friend's elder sister

2.  My friend's sister said is between me and her, that it has nothing to do with her sister

3. l dont feel like have anything to do with my friend till further notice, even if l am liking her elder sister because l feel very much offended with my friend.

4. l just feel like calling off the date.

Hi, girls l just gave the details so that you can have an understanding. Please l need honest responses, can you date your friend's elder sister? If you where in my shoes what will you do?

Candidly,For me, The general rule of thumb is, not dating your friend's sister, or her ex, and your colleague.its bad form if you ask me, and you also risk the possibility of losing her friendship forever for an unknown terrain(the sister) 

If you decide to go ahead, expect the usual awkwardness every now and then.. 

You can also ask your sister first before you carry on with her elder sister, to know if she is okay with it.. But chances are, that wouldn't go down well, cos no one wants to think of her sister as an overly sexual being.. 

Or, if you are one for sex without strings, you can just have fun with your friend's sister, and you both be on your merry way.. 

My advice? If you want to stay friends with your friend, being with her sister is bad business..trust me.

No, don't trust me, I just tend to say that a lot. :597f839311844_tw_grin1:

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Ivyy said:

You can also ask your sister first before you carry on with her elder sister, to know if she is okay with it..

This would have been my typical approach. Not that It is any of her business but because we are friends, out of respect to her.

Personally, if I have fallen out with my friend then it will be a no no for me. I'm not for any type of drama mehn... my heart is too fragile.

At the end of the day, do what makes you the most comfortable. Listen to your gut k

All the best

10 hours ago, Ivyy said:

Candidly,For me, The general rule of thumb is, not dating your friend's sister, or her ex, and your colleague.its bad form if you ask me, and you also risk the possibility of losing her friendship forever for an unknown terrain(the sister) 

If you decide to go ahead, expect the usual awkwardness every now and then.. 

You can also ask your sister first before you carry on with her elder sister, to know if she is okay with it.. But chances are, that wouldn't go down well, cos no one wants to think of her sister as an overly sexual being.. 

Or, if you are one for sex without strings, you can just have fun with your friend's sister, and you both be on your merry way.. 

My advice? If you want to stay friends with your friend, being with her sister is bad business..trust me.

No, don't trust me, I just tend to say that a lot. :597f839311844_tw_grin1:

I meant ask your *friend first*

12 hours ago, Ivyy said:

1. ''Candidly,For me, The general rule of thumb is, not dating your friend's sister,''           

what about if you and your friend  dont live in the same state and you barely even see?

2.  ''you also risk the possibility of losing her friendship forever for an unknown terrain(the sister)'' 

to me after that clash, l dont think l will  still be holding on to that friendship till further  notice.

3. ''If you decide to go ahead, expect the usual awkwardness every now and then..

this is just one of my fears 

4. if you are one for sex without strings, you can just have fun with your friend's sister,

Nice one:597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1: but l don't do that anymore. lf is so bad, l would rather masturbate  :597f8385cda73_tw_glasses1:

@kimi She told me, she told her sister that she like me and she will like to be friend with me and that was how she got mine number  from my friend before she called me.

The thing is that l like the sister but the fact is that l don't want to have anything to do with my friend. And since she is my friend's sister, it means  l will  be having something to do with her which l don't  want. The whole  feelings  is just mixed up! menh!

First of all, does your friend know you are into girls? Does she also know about her sister's sexuality? If you answer yes to both, then i don't see anything wrong in dating the sister except for the awkwardness earlier registered by @Ivyy which in my opinion should not even be an impediment. Afterall, in a heterosexual setting, people end up dating/marrying their friends sisters/brothers and hell does not break lose for that 

• Like 1

P.S.... and if your answer to those questions is NO and if you are still in the closet, then I'll strongly advise against such relationship because if your friend finds out, given the hostility between the both of you now, there's no telling what she might do. Who knows, she might rat you out to mutual friends and even family.

• Like 1

No. Friend's sister falls on the list of people I can't and won't date. Not willing to open that can of worms, no matter the connection we might have. 

Its up to you really. If you don't have any of those rules in place and think she is worth all the potential problems that may arise, then go for it. Goodluck 😊

Perhaps your best friend will be uncomfortable with this. But there is nothing wrong. Just follow your heart and go ahead to do what you wanna do, also since you said you are not in good terms with this your friend my second advice is to just stay off the sister also

• 1 year later...