Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Diary : Two Years To A Baby.

dequeen

Dear Diary,

It might have been a message from God because it was at Shiloh 2017, December. An acquaintance had made me go with her for the first service. Somewhere in the middle of the service, it dropped firmly in my mind and I turned to her and told her, "I'm having my first baby in year 2020." She had laughed and said it was too far.... 

Some days back I felt it drop again and I publicised it on NL. She's a girl, my first biological daughter I said. "But I'm a boy" a voice said within me after I made the post. "No, I want a girl" I replied, "dear soul, look for another woman to give you birth. My baby is a girl." "I'm a boy" the voice insisted. "I will settle for a tomboy, that's as male as my baby gets." I replied. And there has been silence since.

My to-do list in preparation of the conception is building up. When it's more comprehensive, I will share it with you Diary. 

Love, Dequeen.

21 hours ago, Ivyy said:

Lol, now the promise of spoiling my baby rotten is just too good an offer to pass along! You're booked for the godmother position but if you shift to second mommy position, then we might need to get her another godmother. Hahaha!

So when are you thinking of having your own baby? 2019? 2018? Have you decided on the daddy and stuff like that??

Wow! You already have an adopted child? I'm so jealous. That's so sweet. I have been playing with the idea of adopting a toddler shortly before my baby is born but that will depend on finances so fingers crossed about that for now. 

Thanks for cheering me on on this journey. It is greatly appreciated!!! *muah*

Dear Diary,

Since I felt like I should call her by her name rather than just "my Baby", I thought Gwendolyn would be awesome but when I checked my trusted place for name meanings, https://www.kabalarians.com/cfm/name-meanings.cfm , well let's just say she would have had a pathetic life. I like kabalarians name meanings because they don't just tell you the meaning of the name but the type of personality, future, diseases, etc that come with a name like that. Or should Baby just be given an African name??

Anyways, Baby doesn't have a name yet. She's still very much Baby.

My to-do list is taking shape... For this year 2018: List includes :

- Put on more weight. Go on a lot of supplements.

- Start a monthly savings for Baby. Hello https://www.piggybank.ng

- Go on a spiritual soul searching and cleansing journey because my spirit must be pure at the time of conception.

- Detoxify.

- Start exercising more regularly, try to be outdoors as much as possible.

- Hustle harder. Baby needs loads of money.

That's all for 2018. Preparing my spirit, body and soul for the coming of Baby. The emanations of love must become much stronger, open, receptive. The body must become highly fertile. The soul must become very guarded so that no weed falls upon the fertile soil that is being tilled. All baggages must be dropped and reconciliations  embarked upon.

2019 would be decisions on sperm. Who will sperm-giver be? What will the process of conception chosen be? What qualities do we want Baby to have? Will sperm-giver have a part in Baby's life? How will we meet sperm-giver? Wow. Tough questions to tackle in early 2019. Or last quarter of 2018. Conception should take place ending 2019 so that Baby is definitely here by 2020. 

Love,

Dequeen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dequeen said:

Lol, now the promise of spoiling my baby rotten is just too good an offer to pass along! You're booked for the godmother position but if you shift to second mommy position, then we might need to get her another godmother. Hahaha!

So when are you thinking of having your own baby? 2019? 2018? Have you decided on the daddy and stuff like that??

Wow! You already have an adopted child? I'm so jealous. That's so sweet. I have been playing with the idea of adopting a toddler shortly before my baby is born but that will depend on finances so fingers crossed about that for now. 

Thanks for cheering me on on this journey. It is greatly appreciated!!! *muah*

Lol yeah, but she is with her adoptive mum now..

I wish I could go back for her, but...  

Adoption is good. 😍 As long as you have the finance to do so. The reason why I couldn't fight for my little friend was cos I wasn't independent enough to do that. 

Time will tell..☺ 

28 minutes ago, Ivyy said:

Lol yeah, but she is with her adoptive mum now..

I wish I could go back for her, but...  

Adoption is good. 😍 As long as you have the finance to do so. The reason why I couldn't fight for my little friend was cos I wasn't independent enough to do that. 

Time will tell..☺ 

And yeah, as for when I am having my own baby, I think 2019 is looking good. I would have had a tidy sum by then for my baby..

As for baby daddy, insemination is freaking expensive here. Same in the western world I believe.. 

So, best bet is to have it the traditional way. I'm thinking my best friend. Cos he is sweet and kind.the thought of having a child who is nothing like me scares me.plus he is tall..one of my kids has to be an athlete, so height is an added advantage.. 

So I think if I have a baby daddy who is a good person, plus sweet me, why, thank you.. ☺ 

I will have my very adorable twins.. 😍 

@Ivyy Wow, half your problems are solved since you have a baby daddy ready. I hear if you eat loads of ekiti yam while pregnant, you will most likely have twins. Look into that. 

I think our joy should simply come from the fact that we are giving them life and adding beauty to the world. May they be better than us, not anything like us. (Not that we are bad but may they be better.)

31 minutes ago, dequeen said:

@Ivyy Wow, half your problems are solved since you have a baby daddy ready. I hear if you eat loads of ekiti yam while pregnant, you will most likely have twins. Look into that. 

I think our joy should simply come from the fact that we are giving them life and adding beauty to the world. May they be better than us, not anything like us. (Not that we are bad but may they be better.)

Not only yams, but ilasa soup(soup made with okro leaves) 

There is this town in either osun or oyo, they have the highest number of twins I think. They attribute it to their native ilasa soup.. ☺ 

Anyways, I have been eating yams and cooking the ilasa soup.. 

Plus I am relying on family's history of twins.. 

One of my uncle has 6set of twins, all natural. The other has two set of twins.

Even though I read an article about women being the ones who carry the twin gene, I can only hope it's in my favour.. 

I'm having twins..I'm thinking twin girls, or a boy and girl.. 

Aww.. 

I have one name already.. California. 😍 

2 minutes ago, dequeen said:

@Ivyy wow! See blessed family nau! 

Lol.. 

Lemme not ruin this place for you. That's why I deleted my first reply, but apparently, you saw it though..☺ 

9 minutes ago, Ivyy said:

Lol.. 

Lemme not ruin this place for you. That's why I deleted my first reply, but apparently, you saw it though..☺ 

Naaaa. It's okay, diary entries start with "Dear Diary". I hope Baby gets to read this thread someday.... Lol.

Why California?? What inspires that name? 

By the way, here's what kabalarians has to say about the expectations from the name. 

https://www.kabalarians.com/name-meanings/names/female/California.htm

8 minutes ago, dequeen said:

Naaaa. It's okay, diary entries start with "Dear Diary". I hope Baby gets to read this thread someday.... Lol.

Why California?? What inspires that name? 

By the way, here's what kabalarians has to say about the expectations from the name. 

https://www.kabalarians.com/name-meanings/names/female/California.htm

Cool.. I will check it out.. ☺ 

California.. It's the state in America where dreams are turned into a reality.

LA is the most populous city in California, and c'mmon now, you can't go wrong with that. 

Basically California is all about dreams, where the magic and Hollywood happens..☺

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:14 PM, Txunamy said:

California.. It's the state in America where dreams are turned into a reality.

Very true 😀