Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Family severes ties with lesbian woman

FlyJ

• Administrators

5b07fadaf24bb.jpg

The Shoremi family in Nigeria have taken a newspaper advertorial to announce they have severed all ties with one of their daughters, Shalom, who recently tried to wed her lesbian partner here in Nigeria.

Shalom had applied for marriage license from the Federal Marriage Registry but was denied as same sex marriage is prohibited in Nigeria. Former president Goodluck Jonathan had signed the Anti-gay bill into law in 2007. 

Source

• Like 1

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, FlyJ said:

Wawu 😩😯

Where do you dig all these stories out of. Lol. 

I do find it a bit strange that she would request for a marriage licence at the registry knowing full well the law of the land. Now this is the real wawu.

Truth is, I am in shock as to why the family would risk the life of their own. I wonder who they are trying to impress with the public announcement. The only logical reason I can think of is that perhaps the family has some presence or interest in the political spheres of the country. Perhaps to save face? Mehn, this is the real WAWU. This is rather extreme. Na real wa

59 minutes ago, kimi said:

Where do you dig all these stories out of. Lol. 

I do find it a bit strange that she would request for a marriage licence at the registry knowing full well the law of the land. Now this is the real wawu.

Truth is, I am in shock as to why the family would risk the life of their own. I wonder who they are trying to impress with the public announcement. The only logical reason I can think of is that perhaps the family has some presence or interest in the political spheres of the country. Perhaps to save face? Mehn, this is the real WAWU. This is rather extreme. Na real wa

You are just shouting wawu wawu lol

Third one nah real wa..

The story sha..you go fear o

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, DipBluSae said:

You are just shouting wawu wawu lol

Third one nah real wa..

The story sha..you go fear o

Hahahaha. It gets the Wawu award mehn... lool na wa

• Haha 1

Lol.. 

Fly J and her never ending Tea..  I like it, keep 'em coming. 

Her family lashed out the only way they know how. They mad, sad, and disappointed all at once. It's a whole lot of emotions they having. 

With time they'd realise they made the wrong move by casting their child that way. There might be apologies, maybe a drop of tear, and they'll all be fine.

See? All is right with the world... No, scratch that, all is right with Nigeria. 

That sounds about right, yes? 

I just learnt how to laugh in mandarin. 

35 minutes ago, Althena said:

Nothing about this public announcement makes sense.

Last last sha, asylum loading...

Exactly!!!!! 

Reminds me of when Ike was seeking asylum in Canada.

Mama Ike, papa Ike and brother emeka, needed to prove to the judge that true true Ike is gay( which he is not), so they wrote hate messages to Ike, filled his Facebook with hate. His email Wasnt spared o, they said they hated him and he was a disgrace and if he ever came back home, they would kill him. 

When judge read all the evidence, she nearly cry. Now Ike is a citizen and he sends money to mama Ike. Papa Ike and brother emeka and life goes on.

Jes saying #flys fence

On 5/25/2018 at 9:51 PM, Althena said:

Nothing about this public announcement makes sense.

Last last sha, asylum loading...

As in eh!!  Lol

8 hours ago, vina said:

Reminds me of when Ike was seeking asylum in Canada.

Mama Ike, papa Ike and brother emeka, needed to prove to the judge that true true Ike is gay( which he is not), so they wrote hate messages to Ike, filled his Facebook with hate. His email Wasnt spared o, they said they hated him and he was a disgrace and if he ever came back home, they would kill him. 

When judge read all the evidence, she nearly cry. Now Ike is a citizen and he sends money to mama Ike. Papa Ike and brother emeka and life goes on.

Jes saying #flys fence

As untrue and funny  this illustration seems,  its the sad reality.  

So many straight nigerians have made a huge caricature of the process, to the extent genuine queer people don't not stand a chance anymore.

Homophobic bigots will messed up their countries and will still desperately want to go live in a godless and sinful homosexual countries.

Confused humans 😏

8 hours ago, Gimbiyya said:

Homophobic bigots will messed up their countries and will still desperately want to go live in a godless and sinful homosexual countries.

Confused humans 😏

The Irony...