Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

kimi

• Moderators

I read an old thread a few minutes ago and it was a reminder of how much I enjoyed conversations about Nigerian lesbians and whether or not they will go through with it against all odds.

Ten or Twenty years from now (picture it if you haven't), could you honestly say that you see yourself ending up with a woman or staying unmarried?

I swear, and the thought of ending up unmarried or alone scares the shit outta me. 

I see myself being with a woman honestly. It's all I think about. I mean, what is the essence of this whole thing if you can't be with someone you love?

Fear of our society is what makes most lesbian ladies living in Nigeria succumb to pressure and get married to a guy. 

Reasons why there are so many married lesbians around ogling girls all the time. 

I don't want to be that person. 

I love lesbian weddings, matter of fact, I am obsessed with it. But I am not necessarily gunning for a wedding and the whole fanfare. 

I just want to commit to someone I love, someone I can live together with for the rest of my life or for many many years to come.. 

I want a Stedman to my Oprah. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Ivyy said:

Kimi.. 

See how my heart is now beating gbim gbim gbim cos of this topic. 

What did I ever do to you? 

Hahahaha. I enjoyed reading every bit of it. 

Lol am sure half of them or even more will not go through it, no doubt..

Time wasters😯 If you are not going to go through it why do it at all🤔 Fear ke.. well there is fear..

I don't see myself marrying a woman in 10 years though but I don't see myself marrying a man either😁

I just wanna live together..no not about commitment from me but from them.. I don't want to hold anyone down or to be cheated on and be trying to forgive cos there is paperwork to do.. can't deal.. but maybe 

Too many hassles but what a dream!😃

Let's just keep count and remember this in 10 years

• Moderators

I remember when I joined NL, I was engaged to be married and in as much as I knew I was gay, like most of us who have been at that point, I felt stuck. I felt it was my duty to family and society. I resigned to the notion that life wasn't about my happiness alone but about the happiness of those closest to me as well. In essence, I had settled with the idea that I would end up with him. At the time, I even proclaimed it here. Lol. And how I was here just to pass time and exit once married. Lol.

How time flies... lol. How much I have evolved  ever since...

2 hours ago, kimi said:

I remember when I joined NL, I was engaged to be married and in as much as I knew I was gay, like most of us who have been at that point, I felt stuck. I felt it was my duty to family and society. I resigned to the notion that life wasn't about my happiness alone but about the happiness of those closest to me as well. In essence, I had settled with the idea that I would end up with him. At the time, I even proclaimed it here. Lol. And how I was here just to pass time and exit once married. Lol.

Wow! 

You have really evolved. From a caterpillar to a butterfly.  

2 hours ago, kimi said:

What does the evolved you want now?

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Gimbiyya said:

What does the evolved you want now?

A happy ending....

I remember when it all began. I was in a serious relationship with a guy and we had picked out baby names and i convinced myself i just wanted to test and leave.

"behold the fingers of conversion fell on my punani" and story change. I left that dude, moved in with that glorious pair of fingers and i cannot imagine anything else. 

Morethan anything else, i am going through with it. I have the girl, i have all the support i need, all i need now is the legal backing.... 

I wish i could do something in Nigeria where all my queer online friends could attend tho.... Pheww

I love solitude alot.  I taught myself to. 

I also cherish my aloneness,  and personal space which comes with an inexplicable peace of mind. 

And to be absolutely honest,  I can't trade the afforementioned for anything in the world.   

Relationships/marriage  most times can be draining, and ultimately 10years from now,  I won't have the strength to accommodate all of those melo-dramas that comes along side being "involved  with a partner",  so I'd rather be hitch- free, getting steady sex if available and living life the best possibly way I can . I do not necessarily have to be with someone to live a fulfilled life..  So? 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really have not seen myself getting married (and it is not for want of eligible males), neither is it about being a lesbian.

Losing my self-autonomy has always been the most difficult thing for me. The thought alone is scary.

I have to be very assured of an extreme case of "eating my cake and having it" before I take that path.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Keke said:

I really have not seen myself getting married (and it is not for want of eligible males), neither is it about being a lesbian.

Losing my self-autonomy has always been the most difficult thing for me. The thought alone is scary.

I have to be very assured of an extreme case of "eating my cake and having it" before I take that path.

Interesting... 

What would "eating your cake and having it" look like for you? 

On 5/31/2018 at 7:47 PM, vina said:

I remember when it all began. I was in a serious relationship with a guy and we had picked out baby names and i convinced myself i just wanted to test and leave.

"behold the fingers of conversion fell on my punani" and story change. I left that dude, moved in with that glorious pair of fingers and i cannot imagine anything else. 

Morethan anything else, i am going through with it. I have the girl, i have all the support i need, all i need now is the legal backing.... 

I wish i could do something in Nigeria where all my queer online friends could attend tho.... Pheww

U-haul lesbian like you. @vina

10 years from now, I would love to be married to a woman and blessed with at least 3 kids. God will provide for their upkeep.

The marriage because my happiness lies in a woman's hands. Only a woman deserves the astounding love that I have to give at this stage and further stages of my life, and only a woman knows how to love me the way I can receive it.

Children because I feel like I owe it to humanity to give it individuals who believe in love rather than fear. Open-minded individuals who are tolerant, understanding, loving, kind, accepting, respectful of other peoples choices and all the amazing values and virtues that the world needs in order to ascend to a glorious state.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, dequeen said:

10 years from now, I would love to be married to a woman and blessed with at least 3 kids. God will provide for their upkeep.

The marriage because my happiness lies in a woman's hands. Only a woman deserves the astounding love that I have to give at this stage and further stages of my life, and only a woman knows how to love me the way I can receive it.

Children because I feel like I owe it to humanity to give it individuals who believe in love rather than fear. Open-minded individuals who are tolerant, understanding, loving, kind, accepting, respectful of other peoples choices and all the amazing values and virtues that the world needs in order to ascend to a glorious state.

I totally smiled while reading this. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dequeen said:

The universe has received this and so shall it be ....Everything you wrote here ...will become a reality at the appointed time.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Phegore said:

The universe has received this and so shall it be ....Everything you wrote here ...will become a reality at the appointed time.

Hahaha Prophetess Phegore. We could certainly use one around here 📿

Two weeks ago I told my sister that as soon as I hit 34(which is 4years from now) I will have a child and live alone, she didn't understand why I made the statement but that's the life I want. 

10years from now, I want to have a child or two and live in a quiet neighborhood with or without a girlfriend. 

I have come to appreciate my alone moments and can't compromise my future kids'happiness for anything in the world 

1 hour ago, ChazBee said:

Two weeks ago I told my sister that as soon as I hit 34(which is 4years from now) I will have a child and live alone, she didn't understand why I made the statement but that's the life I want. 

10years from now, I want to have a child or two and live in a quiet neighborhood with or without a girlfriend. 

I have come to appreciate my alone moments and can't compromise my future kids'happiness for anything in the world 

Typical loner style........

i would adopt your style but i'm lazy af and i really would like to share the work 50:50. Trust me, kids are wooooorrrrkkkk... 

So i should wait four years to eat naming jollof and moi moi?? Biko bring it closer a little.