Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Is NL Safe for Lesbians?

kimi

• Moderators

Hello Ladies...

I saw a comment in the anonymous section the other day stating that NL isn't a safe place for lesbians. The poster didn't expand on the context and by that, left it open to numerous interpretations.

I'm wondering what your thoughts are about this subject. Safe in what context?

Let's have a conversation...

I think I might have an inkling as to what the Anonymous meant.. Maybe..  

But I'll keep my thoughts to myself cos controversy has a way of tailing me even when I don't go looking. Or maybe I do sometimes, but, hey.. 

Let me read comments.

NL is very safe for lesbians and as in every situation, personality matters. I feel soooo safe here, extra sef.

Lots of people have been on this site for years and interact with everyone but still stay low key.

some others come here for numerous reasons, form cliques and assemblies and when they get burnt, they suddenly have NL to blame.

trouble wouldn't come if you dont go looking. The admins cannot save you from the kind of girls you meet here. They have tried enough weeding the guys out. So what you see is what you get.

I have spoken of my first NL meet up experience and i do not want a repeat performance so i am extra low key.

ayam typing too much. Point is NL is safe af....

everything that happens here is normal with humans. Nothing extra

• Like 1

Well, NL is as safe as you make it for yourself. I have met several people on here and till date I have no regrets. You just have to be careful and picky about who you share your information, time and self with.

Yep this site is relatively safe. No one spamming my dm with d**ck pics, No stranded African kings, no death threats for my blasphemous posts...

This place is heaven.

By safety I think the person meant privacy policy and privacy protection.

I looked before joining, I might be wrong (Correct me), but I didn't see a privacy policy for the platform;

stating what information of yours is collected and retained upon signing up and verification, strength of the site against hacking, what information they may lay hands on in that event etc.

Of course there is a log of emails, phone numbers, twitter accounts that are registered on the database. What steps are taken to protect them?

If I was asking a question on safety, that is what I would have been referring to.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Keke said:

By safety I think the person meant privacy policy and privacy protection.

I looked before joining, I might be wrong (Correct me), but I didn't see a privacy policy for the platform;

stating what information of yours is collected and retained upon signing up and verification, strength of the site against hacking, what information they may lay hands on in that event etc.

Of course there is a log of emails, phone numbers, twitter accounts that are registered on the database. What steps are taken to protect them?

If I was asking a question on safety, that is what I would have been referring to.

Ah! At last! These 👆 and some more. But overall, for the time being, it's home away from home.