Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×

Batwoman: lesbian superhero gets her own TV show

FlyJ

• Administrators

Batwoman was first introduced by DC Comics in July 1956.

A small screen adaptation of Batwoman is in development with an openly gay lead.

The show will launch on the CW, adding to the network’s slate of shows based on DC Comics, which includes Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Black Lightning.

The new Batwoman will be executive-produced by Greg Berlanti, who recently inked a four-year, $400m extension with Warner Brothers and currently helms a record 14 different scripted series, six of which air on the CW. It will be written and co-executive-produced by Caroline Dries, best known as the executive producer of The Vampire Diaries. Dries has also worked with the network on shows such as Melrose Place and Smallville, another DC Comics property.

The lead character, who will be introduced this December at the CW’s annual DC Comics crossover event, is described as a woman “armed with a passion for social justice and flair for speaking her mind”.

Kate Kane is an out lesbian who has arrived in Gotham to handle a citywide resurgence in crime. “But don’t call her a hero yet,” reads the show’s synopsis. “In a city desperate for a savior, Kate must overcome her own demons before embracing the call to be Gotham’s symbol of hope.”

Source

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, FlyJ said:

Kate Kane is an out lesbian who has arrived in Gotham to handle a citywide resurgence in crime. “But don’t call her a hero yet,” reads the show’s synopsis. “In a city desperate for a savior, Kate must overcome her own demons before embracing the call to be Gotham’s symbol of hope.”

Awwwh... Loving this script already. 

12 hours ago, Damiee said:

Not sure I like her suit. I like Gotham though, definitely watching it. 

A Cat Woman show won’t be a bad idea as well.

Yep. Not feeling the suit either. i feel like if she takes off that mask, its going to be the joker underneath.

1 hour ago, Hawken said:

Yep. Not feeling the suit either. i feel like if she takes off that mask, its going to be the joker underneath.

Lol I know right!