Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

FG unveils Nigeria Air as new national carrier

FlyJ

• Administrators

Image result for Nigerian Air

The Federal Government on Wednesday unveiled the branding and livery for the new national carrier, Nigeria Air, and stated that the airline would be inaugurated at the end of this year.

According to a statement issued by the Ministry of Aviation in Abuja, the Minister of State for Aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika, unveiled the carrier at a press conference during the Farnborough Air Show in London.

Sirika was quoted as saying, “I am very pleased to tell you that we are finally on track to launching a new national flag carrier for our country, Nigeria Air. We are all fully committed to fulfilling the campaign promise made by our President, Muhammadu Buhari, in 2015. We are aiming to launch Nigeria Air by the end of this year.

“We obtained the Certificate of Compliance from the Nigerian Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission two weeks ago and can now go into the investor search. I am confident that we will have a well-run national flag carrier that is a global player, compliant with international safety standards and one which has the customer at its heart.

“We hope to establish an airline that communicates the essence of our beautiful country; an airline we can all be proud of.”

The ministry said the branding and naming of the new national carrier came after a social media campaign that was undertaken by the Ministry of Transportation (Aviation).

It said invited Nigerian youths were asked for their input in order to come up with a name for the new flag carrier, adding that the ministry’s Facebook page and website engaged over 400,000 people.

The ministry said extensive market research was carried out, which involved focus groups across the country, and over 100 interviews with aviation stakeholders and professionals, politicians as well as business owners.

It also stated that it was currently running an aviation road map that includes airport concession, aerotropolis, an aircraft Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul centre, agro allied terminals, the national carrier and an aircraft leasing company.

Source

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Damiee said:

11th time might be the charm. I think it will be okay, as long as it’s not government run. Fingers crossed.

Hahahaha. Savage.

3 minutes ago, kimi said:

Hahahaha. Savage.

Lol one must always speak the truth, even when it’s hard. Btw, this is a good time to travel anywhere.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Damiee said:

Lol one must always speak the truth, even when it’s hard. Btw, this is a good time to travel anywhere.

I want to travel... will you donate ? 🙄

1 minute ago, kimi said:

I want to travel... will you donate ? 🙄

But of course! Anything for NL’s Archbishop 😁

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Damiee said:

But of course! Anything for NL’s Archbishop 😁

Hahahahahaha. You are blessed and highly favoured dear child 📿. I'll send you my bank details shortly 😁😇

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Damiee said:

The number you are trying to reach is not available at the....

Lol just kidding.

Hahahahaha. I will go spritual on you o... 😁

17 hours ago, Damiee said:

The number you are trying to reach is not available at the....

Lol just kidding.

😁😁

17 hours ago, kimi said:

Hahahahaha. I will go spritual on you o... 😁

Why not fly spiritual nah.. the witches of Edo big pass you.. you no try at all haha

I'm always pessimistic about anything concerning Nigeria.  This would definitely fail as everything in this country continues to fail. Is it the same Nigeria where almost all her citizens are criminals that can manage it well or another? Which Nigerian is honest enough sef?

Just now, scarlet said:

I'm always pessimistic about anything concerning Nigeria.  This would definitely fail as everything in this country continues to fail. Is it the same Nigeria where almost all her citizens are criminals that can manage it well or another? Which Nigerian is honest enough sef?

I love your honesty.. it's brutal. In issues concerning the new Air Nigeria indeed you are not alone..

3 hours ago, DipBluSae said:

Why not fly spiritual nah.. the witches of Edo big pass you.. you no try at all haha

Awon maami tinz. 

At all, It will work out, don't be cowed..

The over haul of the whole aviation industry and the new national carrier isn't a brain child of the government. It was definitely conceived by foreign consultants first, who brought in foreign investors and private financial investors. And for obvious reasons. We know the fate of previous similar and home run investments

With an initial capital of there- about  $300m, the kickstarters in the ministry who brokered the foreign marriage will have enough to settle out themselves for a job well done before letting in the strategic partners and investors. Nigerian aviation has already made public tenders for bids from (already known) interests who will operate and manage the carrier without interference

Nigeria's overhaul of its aviation infrastructure and handing over of its airports to private managers and overseas backer with know-how has been on for over 10 years

The country will have  no cap on overseas ownership of its airlines and has already offered  over 50 per cent of Nigeria Air to a strategic ally.

You then wonder why, but why not? we know its better.