Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community Γ—
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

kimi

• Moderators

Hahaha. I must warn you, the title has absolutely nothing to do with anything. It was the first thing that sprang to mind and it does feel good playing Moses for a day. Lol.

Okay girls,

Is there that item you hold onto and even when it's gotten old and torn you refuse to let go of? Lol. Share your experiences here

• Moderators

The thing with me is that once I have a favourite item, I do not see it age. It's like it just tends to look brand new in my eyes... I can't understand this. Lol.

So, I used to have this wallet; I rocked the life out of it. Even while I could see a few cracks here and there, it still sort of looked nice in my eyes. I would even clean it with baby wipes to make sure the off-white section of it had no visible dirt on.Β Until one faithful day o...

I gave my lovely wallet to someone who was to go help me go grab a few things at the supermarket. When she returned she said she was a bit ashamed of holding it and had to hide it away. Hahaha. I looked at the wallet and still couldn't see what to be ashamed of. Anyways... I changed it the next day. Lol. As I type this, I feel nostalgic about it... the love for that wallet still runs deep πŸ™„β˜ΉπŸ˜

To avoid similar occurences with my shoes/bags for example, I am constantly asking family members if it looks worn while I also look out for signs of "it's-time-to-toss-this-one-away". Lol. It's tough I must confess... lol

Na wa....Β 

11 hours ago, kimi said:

The thing with me is that once I have a favourite item, I do not see it age. It's like it just tends to look brand new in my eyes... I can't understand this. Lol.

So, I used to have this wallet; I rocked the life out of it. Even while I could see a few cracks here and there, it still sort of looked nice in my eyes. I would even clean it with baby wipes to make sure the off-white section of it had no visible dirt on.Β Until one faithful day o...

I gave my lovely wallet to someone who was to go help me go grab a few things at the supermarket. When she returned she said she was a bit ashamed of holding it and had to hide it away. πŸ™„β˜ΉπŸ˜

Na wa....Β 

Lmao, same! But mine is when i like something, i over wear it. I could have 10 tshirts but you'd still see me wearing just one 2 - 4 times a week. I'll wear that particular shirt till it dies,. Then the people in my life who have "mind" will help me misplace it because they are embarrassed for me or just plain tired of seeing it.

I remember i went through (on going) a white tshirt phase, So as to avoid killing the shirts, i went and got 10. Finally ended up with 13 plain white tees at some point. I absolutely love(d) it!

When my friends would hit me with "don't you have something else to wear?' I'll be like "don't you even. Do you know how much these shirts cost?"

Friend: .... wtf does that have to do with what i just asked?!

Then there was my MTN wallet :597f81f5746e6_tw_bawling1: i will never forgive the person that misplaced that wallet for me. I loved that wallet! It was perfect!! Even i saw the wear and tear but i didn't care! The wallet was perfect. It fit into my pocket perfectly! But one day, i just couldn't find it.. I was very pained. I ranted and raged but wallet didn't turn up. Later that week, my friends got me a new one because i kept going into town and trying to get a sim just because i wanted wallet. But unfortunately MTN has stopped producing them or something like that.

I can't remember what happened to the wallet my friends got me, that's how much i don't care for anything that doesn't fit into my pocket.

ps my white shirt phase started a few months to my NYSC so for a year it made sense :597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1:

• Moderators

Hahahahaha! I can relate. Next time tell your friends you recycle to save the earth by saving energyΒ :597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1:

• 5 months later...
On β€Ž8β€Ž/β€Ž19β€Ž/β€Ž2018 at 1:54 AM, kimi said:

I gave my lovely wallet to someone who was to go help me go grab a few things at the supermarket. When she returned she said she was a bit ashamed of holding it and had to hide it away. Hahaha. I looked at the wallet and still couldn't see what to be ashamed of. Anyways... I changed it the next day. Lol. As I type this, I feel nostalgic about it... the love for that wallet still runs deep πŸ™„β˜ΉπŸ˜

To avoid similar occurences with my shoes/bags for example, I am constantly asking family members if it looks worn while I also look out for signs of "it's-time-to-toss-this-one-away". Lol. It's tough I must confess... lol

Na wa....Β 

πŸ˜‚

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/19/2018 at 9:53 PM, Hawken said:

Lmao, same! But mine is when i like something, i over wear it. I could have 10 tshirts but you'd still see me wearing just one 2 - 4 times a week. I'll wear that particular shirt till it dies,. Then the people in my life who have "mind" will help me misplace it because they are embarrassed for me or just plain tired of seeing it.

I remember i went through (on going) a white tshirt phase, So as to avoid killing the shirts, i went and got 10. Finally ended up with 13 plain white tees at some point. I absolutely love(d) it!

When my friends would hit me with "don't you have something else to wear?' I'll be like "don't you even. Do you know how much these shirts cost?"

Friend: .... wtf does that have to do with what i just asked?!

Then there was my MTN wallet :597f81f5746e6_tw_bawling1: i will never forgive the person that misplaced that wallet for me. I loved that wallet! It was perfect!! Even i saw the wear and tear but i didn't care! The wallet was perfect. It fit into my pocket perfectly! But one day, i just couldn't find it.. I was very pained. I ranted and raged but wallet didn't turn up. Later that week, my friends got me a new one because i kept going into town and trying to get a sim just because i wanted wallet. But unfortunately MTN has stopped producing them or something like that.

I can't remember what happened to the wallet my friends got me, that's how much i don't care for anything that doesn't fit into my pocket.

ps my white shirt phase started a few months to my NYSC so for a year it made sense :597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1:

Jeez! I cannot stand that mtn yellow and blue wallet.. Like,  if anyone fishes it out in my presence right now, I would barf all over the place.. Its that bad.😁

Thank God you lost yoursπŸ™„

• Haha 1

On 8/19/2018 at 10:25 PM, kimi said:

Nextο»Ώ time tell your friends you recycle to save the earth by ο»Ώsavinο»Ώg enο»ΏergyΒ :597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1:

Exactly! πŸ˜… Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. Save the earth!πŸ˜‚

On 3/19/2020 at 10:49 PM, Txunamy said:

Jeez! I cannot stand that mtn yellow and blue wallet.. Like,  if anyone fishes it out in my presence right now, I would barf all over the place.. Its that bad.😁

Thank God you lost yoursπŸ™„

πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’

9 hours ago, Hawken said:

πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’

LolΒ