Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Are You Really Ever Going to Get married?

VINA

Yeah, vina has come again with her marriage and family talk. Kikikiki, i can't help it.

let me start this way, lesbians in Nigeria are always single. I meet lesbian girls who want to but haven't started a family even at 40. Unlike straight girls who are married at 20. Apart from the society, why are we always single?

2) Do you think you would ever really settle down and have kids? (That is, if thats something you ever wanted)

3) what are we going to do about biology because we are still women and if we want kids, now is the time.

4) For reference sakes, can getting married be achieved by Nigerian lesbians or is it just a mirage? In other words, do you know any couple making it work for real that are Nigerians?

you know, i never really expected to still be single at this age o and I'm starting to sound like a broken record each time i talk about starting a family. It's starting to seem nearly impossible for the average naija lez to settle down. 

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, vina said:

why are we always single?

Hahahaha. I don't know o... I can only speak for myself. 

2. Kids are nice to have but it's not a must for me. Yes I would settle down.

3. I've never wanted to give birth to a child so I guess this question excludes me

4. Yes it can. Yes I do... I know a couple who are married and happy but not based in Nigeria. That said, you can be married and be in this country... #moneytalks... 

if you think you can, you're right. If you think you can't, you're also right. We are our own Limitations.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, vina said:

When ooooo!!!!! Just when!!!! Somebody should open way oooo.

@kimi

Hahahahaha. 

Sadly, I won't come announcing it here when it's done. Too many bad beles in this place o...  the anonymous section says it all

• Haha 1

Nice observation. Nigerian Lesbians and singlehood, stronger together. 

2) Yes hopefully 

3) I love kids though I'd love they stay as nephews, nieces and the likes. (still indecisive about birthing mine)

4) since the law of our land decided to criminalised same sex union, most gay couples rather just go into cohabitation rather than marriage. As in what is a marriage that's not legally recognized? Not like they will be enjoying any of the privileges/benefits legally accrued to married couples aside the joy of being with your lover which cohabitation can still bring.

I don't know anything Nigerian lesbian couple. Not like I even know much gay people sef 🤷

P.S @kimi bad beles kuma? I'd like to think they are just harmless trolls. You know people love to troll anonymously.  Biko don't keep such good news away from us when the time come. 

1. We are always single because we aren't patient. We expect already processed girls but life always throws raw potential at us. We do the processing.  For me though, I am single because because is a word.

2. Yes I will settle down and have kids. The way my life is progressing though, I don't think we will be based here. 

3. Yup. Now is the time. Formally I had wanted to use my partners egg for our first child but the way things are going, she might just come and meet children mbok. I think all queers should be flexible about kids because it's a complicated something.

4. My friend in Netherlands told me about a Nigerian who went there, got asylum and is already planning her wedding with her girlfriend. Secondly, it doesn't matter who has done it or not, all that matters is that you know yourself and are willing to be courageous enough to be happy. You might just turn out to be the Nigerian married couple you're looking for.

The major issue I toy with for now is how to get pregnant. Artificial Insemination is f***king expensive! Except wifey turns out to be a money printing machine....... Hmmm, I don't want to have sex with a guy either...... Sometimes i truly consider getting married, getting the kids, getting divorced and filing for full custody.......The horror!! These decisions shouldn't be taken by only one person!!! 

I would get married to a woman or have a live-in-Lover and have kids..its all i have ever wanted..

I Love babies, i love children, jesus! I really do love 'em. I cant imagine a world without kids, i cant imagine my life without those rugrats! I would have kids the normal way. I wouldnt try artificial insemination even if i have a shitload of money..i cant explain it, it just freaks me out!

I think getting married can be achieved by a Nigerian lesbian..it takes one person to be a pacesetter or trailblazer right? 

I dont know about having a big wedding here, it May never happen, but i do know you can exchange vows with your partner in your living room or wherever, call few friends and family, and boom! You are married. Some would say it wont be a real marriage, how do you define a real marriage? Fanfare?

People get married in las vegas without a real ring. As long as you get someone to officiate your wedding, i think you good. We have ministers in Nigeria that would officiate a private gay marriage.i have heard that in some quarters.

I havent met any lesbian married couple, but i have heard of a couple who has been living together for 15 years with a daughter in Abuja. I have an older friend who has been living with her girlfriend for some years now.

Bottom line, i think we can achieve anything we set our minds on..☺️

On 9/16/2018 at 5:24 PM, kimi said:

Hahahahaha. 

Sadly, I won't come announcing it here when it's done. Too many bad beles in this place o...  the anonymous section says it all

I read comments there and i shudder. May God almighty help and deliver us all!

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Ivyy said:

I read comments there and i shudder. May God almighty help and deliver us all!

Hahahahaha. Amen sister. It's insane.

1. I think we are always single because every is seeking. The society makes it kind of hard for lesbian to identify themselves kind of.

2. Yes l think l can settle down if l found the one.

3. Adoption is another option. Even the straight people go for it.

4. Hmmm, getting married, in Nigeria? 

In option l think is achievable. I just the matter of choosing a date, being well dressed  and say the vows to each other.

And we are married! Our words should be our bond.

Or go marry abroad and we can still come back to live here.

5 hours ago, dequeen said:

For those of you intending to settle in Nigeria with your family, wouldn't that make liars of your kids?? Or you don't care about that??

This is another thing i have considered. Kids can talk ehn and one day at school, shes sure to brag about having two mums... 

Last last this our lifestyle needs a lot of money. Nobody asks stupid questions in british high schools on the island. Loool..

Absolutely. I want it all and I believe at some point in my life I will settle down.

There is always adoption 😊

As crazy as it is here, I believe it can be achieved. I don’t know any Nigerian lesbian couples that have been at it for a long period but I’m pretty sure there.

41 minutes ago, Damiee said:

Absolutely. I want it all and I believe at some point in my life I will settle down.

There is always adoption 😊

As crazy as it is here, I believe it can be achieved. I don’t know any Nigerian lesbian couples that have been at it for a long period but I’m pretty sure there.

👍