Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Chude Jideonwo's stand on gay rights

FlyJ

• Administrators

image.jpeg

Chude Jideonwo, a Nigerian television host, has called out Donald Duke who is the president candidate for the Social Democratic Party. The media personality expressed his disappointment at Duke's stand on anti-gay law. 

Recently, Chude had an interview with LITV host, Hero Daniels where he stated that he is in support of gayrights and would repeal the anti-gay law if he is elected president.

Chude is a respected member of the Daystar Christian Center, Lagos whose senior pastor is Sam Adeyemi.

He goes on to say - ''I am very disappointed in the fact that Donald Duke went on the couch with Falz and spoke courageously about gay rights and then went on to change his mouth after. I am fully in support of gayrights. If I am president, I would overrule the antigay law'' he said

Reacting to Chude's comment, Chris said Chude who is supposed to be a Christian should not be supporting gays. He said anyday Chude is allowed to come on the pulpit in the church again to teach, he would leave with his family. 

''And @chudeity you supposed to be a Christian and comes to @daystarng and you are gay or supporting gay right, any other day @daystarng allows you come up to the pulpit to teach on anything that day I and family are done with daystar church, chude I'm highly dissapointed, I hope @thesamadeyemi hears and take note. #Nigeria #nigerians #nigerianchurch#daystarng'' he wrote.

See video below

Source

• Like 1

To be Christian means to be Christ like, it means to behave the way Christ would behave, the Christ who saved the life of the woman caught in adultery, the Christ who gisted  with the towns whore at the well, the Christ who let a prostitute touch him, the Christ who had dinner with drunkards and pagans...... These people have no idea what Christianity means. Nigerians now know better than the missionaries who brought the religion to them and better than the Bible that says "Love your neighbor as yourself. Judge not that you be not judged. " 

Being a part of this country embarrasses me sometimes.

#IStandWithChude

Up south, people there being more catholic than the Pope. Here in the north, people trying harder than the Arabs. Can't help but imagine the Nigerians we'd been without these two imperialist beliefs.