Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Breaking Up on Val's Day

kimi

• Moderators

The last time I heard this happen was in secondary/high school.

Who are these people! :597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1: Hahahaha. 

What are your thoughts about breaking it off a few weeks before valentine's?

Have you ever been guilty of this?

• Moderators

Mehn... I have o.. lol. Not on Val's but 2weeks prior. It is a funny story!

So! Here I was dating this boy o... who seemed to be absolutely clueless about how to be a boyfriend. It was frustrating. I would never wish this for anyone :597f838f111a3_tw_grimace1:. Anyways, on birthdays, he would ask me if I wanted a gift and what I would like. Being a typical girl, I would tell him not to bother etc... and the silly boy would actually get nothing but still come visiting hoping to hold hands. In a bid not to be petty, I would also hold hands with so much hurt in my bones and invisible tears in my eyes... the same happened on Val's days as well... 

This went on for 2years and you know what? I decided to save myself more heartache by making sure I wouldn't experience a repeat occurrence for a third year especially as I had given him Christmas to redeem himself but he still fell flat... sighs...

Just as January was about ending, I broke the news... I really did care about him but I also cared about what my circle of friends thought as well (especially) at that age. 

It was a sad break-up, we both grew up and I realized I could have just told him. Lol. Then, 3years later, we got back together and he wouldn't stop gifting. Lol. Sending flowers and chocolates to the office type of guy. I got just because presents as well. Lol. This time around, I told him not to bother and I was serious about it but he never listened to me. Hahahaha

Don't judge me 😢 Lol. I was one of those who committed this despicable act prior to Val's o... lol. #memories 

PS- I bought him birthday gifts as my way of leading by example but he still didn't get it. Lol. Na wa

1 hour ago, kimi said:

So! Here I was dating this boy o... who seemed to be absolutely clueless about how to be a boyfriend. It was frustrating. I would never wish this for anyone :597f838f111a3_tw_grimace1:. Anyways, on birthdays, he would ask me if I wanted a gift and what I would like. Being a typical girl, I would tell him not to bother etc... and the silly boy would actually get nothing but still come visiting hoping to hold hands. In a bid not to be petty, I would also hold hands with so much hurt in my bones and invisible tears in my eyes... the same happened on Val's days as well... 

This went on for 2years and you know what? I decided to save myself more heartache by making sure I wouldn't experience a repeat occurrence for a third year especially as I had given him Christmas to redeem himself but he still fell flat... sighs...

Just as January was about ending, I broke the news... I really did care about him but I also cared about what my circle of friends thought as well (especially) at that age. 

It was a sad break-up, we both grew up and I realized I could have just told him. Lol. Then, 3years later, we got back together and he wouldn't stop gifting. Lol. Sending flowers and chocolates to the office type of guy. I got just because presents as well. Lol. This time around, I told him not to bother and I was serious about it but he never listened to me. Hahahaha

Don't judge me 😢 Lol. I was one of those who committed this despicable act prior to Val's o... lol. #memories 

PS- I bought him birthday gifts as my way of leading by example but he still didn't get it. Lol. Na wa

Silly boys 😀 Perhaps he couldn't afford it in his teenage years and your lack of interest in receiving gifts gave him much needed relief.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Silly boys 😀 Perhaps he couldn't afford it in his teenage years and your lack of interest in receiving gifts gave him much needed relief.

Hahahaha... I'm glad those years are over. 

15 hours ago, kimi said:

😂😂😂