Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

The Lovers Lair

kimi

• Moderators

Hello Girls,

I imagine that this would be a very interesting one.

What is your thought about saying "I Love You" 2days or 1month into a relationship? Does it count as love? Is there really a one-size fit all for what the recommended time frame should be before the 3 words may be uttered?

Do share your thoughts. 

It depends on the parties involved.... It does not really need a time frame to know if its love or a liar,love grows, no matter how long u date someone u can't still know everything about her, they keep exhibiting different characters.So it's not how long it's how well and the foundation on which you built it on

It varies on The individuals i would say.. Typically, some people might want to wait for a month or two to pass by even if they feel it early in the relationship. Some would say it right off the bat if they fall in love in a week, some might even wait a whole year..

I would say, it should be all about the right timing. Its all about that one defining moment, That moment when you realise your day isn't complete when you don't hear from your partner. That moment when you realise you would always want her in your life, that moment when you stop in the middle of your busy day and think about her and smile. That moment when you can't just wait to get home after work just to call her on phone. That moment when you listen to an Ed sheeran's song and you are thinking about her. That my dear, is Love. And whenever it feels right, you go ahead and express it.

It would be terrifying of course to think about saying those three words when you are sure of your feelings, but then, you are not sure if it would be reciprocated or if it would be followed by total silence or an awkward laughter.

Overall, love should be shown in actions and gestures, the time frame to say the words doesn't really matter. People have been known to say 'i love you' in the heat of passion after 6 months and not really mean it. some might say it after 2 days and mean every gaddam word.😀

Reminds me of that westlife's song "More than words" don't just tell me you love me, show me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kimi said:

Hello Girls,

What is your thought about saying "I Love You" 2days or 1month into a relationship? Does it count as love? Is there really a one-size fit all for what the recommended time frame should be before the 3 words may be uttered?

Do share your thoughts. 

How about you Ma? 😀

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, Txunamy said:

How about you Ma? 😀

Hahahahaha. Your response (the long epistle. hahaha) was apt. Such wisdom. 

Love goes beyond emotion but it starts from there I like to think. There is first an attraction before the resolve to be committed, to cherish and to care for them like you would your dearest friend. For me, I say it as I feel it and as I feel certain and resolute that I would be true to those words in word and in deed. 

Love is sacred and it is a gift.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kimi said:

Hahahahaha. Your response (the long epistle. hahaha) was apt. Such wisdom. 

Love goes beyond emotion but it starts from there I like to think. There is first an attraction before the resolve to be committed, to cherish and to care for them like you would your dearest friend. For me, I say it as I feel it and as I feel certain and resolute that I would be true to those words in word and in deed. 

Love is sacred and it is a gift.

Lol @ epistle. 

I prefer to just take my time when it comes to expressing those three words.

12 hours ago, Txunamy said:

Overall, love should be shown in actions and gestures, the time frame to say the words doesn't really matter.

Agreed 😀

I think girls in heterosexual relationships are more likely to delay saying the word 'I love you' on the onset of their relationship so as not to appear desperate because gender role and shii as opposed to girls in homosexual relationships. 

'I love you' hours into a relationship is as valid as 'I love you' months into a relationship. Mostly people delay saying  the word because they want to be sure their partner feel the same.  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Mimy said:

'I love you' hours into a relationship is as valid as 'I love you' months into a relationship. Mostly people delay saying  the word because they want to be sure their partner feel the same.  

True..

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Femmes are quick to be mushy.

Hahahaha. Is that so.. 🙃 🙄

3 hours ago, kimi said:

Hahahahaha.. I think you are correct.

How much time passed before you spoke those words to your current gehfren?

11 hours ago, Hawken said:

I prefer to wait. I love you is such a heavy statement.

Why do you find the statement heavy though? 

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Michelle said:

How much time passed before you spoke those words to your current gehfren?

Hahahaha... let's see... 

I said those words right after she told them to me. I had felt it but I wasn't sure if the time was right to give it vocal expression for fear that my feelings towards her would not be considered as being valid or credible. So I thought I would wait longer and then she did. Lol. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kimi said:

Hahahaha... let's see... 

I said those words right after she told them to me. I had felt it but I wasn't sure if the time was right to give it vocal expression for fear that my feelings towards her would not be considered as being valid or credible. So I thought I would wait longer and then she did. Lol. 

Oh nice 😀

14 hours ago, Mimy said:

Why do you find the statement heavy though? 

Love for me is responsibility and commitment. Its also an unspoken promise. I wouldn't want to say those words unless i'm ready to commit.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Love for me is responsibility and commitment. Its also an unspoken promise. I wouldn't want to say those words unless i'm ready to commit.

Okay, cool. I get you know 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 7:34 AM, kimi said:

Hello Girls,

Do share your thoughts. 

Timeframe makes no difference for me.. As long as I feel it I will say it..and mean it.

There's no specific time frame but still it shouldn't come so fast if not it will sound like a compliment to me.

Before those words l should see it in your actions. You can imagine someone confessing everyday she loves you but still makes you feel you are not  worth doing anything for.

She compares everything in as much as cooking , driving and all. She feels cheated if she drove yersterday and you are expecting her to drive today. If she makes breakfast and you are expecting her to make dinner. 

Love is a selfless act. If l love you, l wouldn't mind the number of times l do a thing for you to make you happy. 

When l say l love you, l mine it. And l will act it. Is not just in the saying it should be in the action.

Alot use those three words so quickly when they are not sure or ready for the commitment.

They are strong words  to be use carelessly. 

I use them only when am sure of it but not so fast.

• Like 1