Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Glorifying the "White Man"

kimi

• Moderators

Hello Girls,

There is something that sickens me. It is this thing about Nigerians treating the whites like gods. It gets so bad that your fellow Nigerian would often prefer their opinion over yours even when you've both said the same thing (while nodding like idiots). Hahaha 🙄. In many cases, the "white" is also African. Lol. A South African. Smh... 

Just the other day, I listened to a friend tell me about his experience when he was out alone and how Nigerians came asking to take photos with him. He said he signed a few shirts as well. Hahahahaha. This friend is quite silly actually. Lol. But I'm sure you all get the point. It irks me.

This must be an illness of sorts. Or a complex perhaps. Why do you think "we" Africans do this? It has got to stop!

It’s annoying. 

I was at a restaurant yesterday and though the service was great, I noticed the waiters were paying more attention to the table of a bunch of white people. I found it really annoying. 

Its a complex and it’s too bad really. Sometimes, we act like we are not independent. The mind needs to be emancipated. 

• Like 1

Went to a club on friday, and the DJ refused to play Nigerian songs even though i went to his booth to complain and ask him to.

Sure there were a lot of white people there but they had Nigerians there too. I was very irritated, my friends and i eventually left for somewhere else. Like i didn't leave my house on a friday night to come and dance to tecno. Thank you very much.

Another time at shoprite, it was a weekend so everywhere was crowded, one of their attendants was about to give some white ladies an opportunity to cut the line, by the time i was through with them enh...

Which points me to another thing, everybody watched these women skip lines without saying anything, people only spoke up when i did. Made me even more irritated.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Hawken said:

everybody watched these women skip lines without saying anything, people only spoke up when i did. Made me even more irritated.

Hahahahahaha... pele

Very True, and it's very Annoying..i was at a fast food one day waiting to get attended to, And rather than the waitress to attend to me, she turned to a Chinese man that came in after I did and started taking his orders. I was pissed and I gave her a piece of my mind. That shii happens all the time here. Yeah, I think it's complex and lack of exposure.

They always make the foreigners look like mini gods, and in turn they disrespect Nigerian women. Any where i go to and there are foreigners, they are always catcalling themselves not me. 

There is one place I usually go to for life bands on Friday's, but I stopped going there cos the foreigners there some how think they can get any woman they want esp when drunk. 

@Michelle You see? I told you so. Foreigners are treated like gods here. 😀

3 hours ago, Hawken said:

Went to a club on friday, and the DJ refused to play Nigerian songs even though i went to his booth to complain and ask him to.

Sure there were a lot of white people there but they had Nigerians there too. I was very irritated, my friends and i eventually left for somewhere else. Like i didn't leave my house on a friday night to come and dance to tecno. Thank you very much.

Another time at shoprite, it was a weekend so everywhere was crowded, one of their attendants was about to give some white ladies an opportunity to cut the line, by the time i was through with them enh...

Which points me to another thing, everybody watched these women skip lines without saying anything, people only spoke up when i did. Made me even more irritated.

Lol.. Very Annoying. They can like those tecno and house beats while getting high on opiods. 

4 hours ago, Damiee said:

It’s annoying. 

I was at a restaurant yesterday and though the service was great, I noticed the waiters were paying more attention to the table of a bunch of white people. I found it really annoying. 

Its a complex and it’s too bad really. Sometimes, we act like we are not independent. The mind needs to be emancipated. 

Yups..

25 minutes ago, Txunamy said:

Very True, and it's very Annoying..i was at a fast food one day waiting to get attended to, And rather than the waitress to attend to me, she turned to a Chinese man that came in after I did and started taking his orders. I was pissed and I gave her a piece of my mind. That shii happens all the time here. Yeah, I think it's complex and lack of exposure.

They always make the foreigners look like mini gods, and in turn they disrespect Nigerian women. Any where i go to and there are foreigners, they are always catcalling themselves not me. 

There is one place I usually go to for life bands on Friday's, but I stopped going there cos the foreigners there some how think they can get any woman they want esp when drunk. 

@Michelle You see? I told you so. Foreigners are treated like gods here. 😀

Just the white ones I'm sure.

2 hours ago, Michelle said:

Just the white ones I'm sure.

Yea true. They don't even blink for Niger, Ghanaians, Sudanese, Indian foreigners 

It's crazy. You'll be surprised to know these white men don't even pay taxes and when they do, they exploit the loopholes. One even claimed he doesn't know people are assessed income tax in Nigeria. Imagine the idiot. People that they drag their pale asses to prison for tax fraud in their country o

• Haha 1

Just now, Txunamy said:

@Michelle

Anh anh, hot babe! 😅

Just now, Mimy said:

It's crazy. You'll be surprised to know these white men don't even pay taxes and when they do, they exploit the loopholes. One even claimed he doesn't know people are assessed income tax in Nigeria. Imagine the idiot. People that they drag their pale asses to prison for tax fraud in their country o

LEWL why so harsh

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/25/2019 at 11:35 AM, kimi said:

Hello Girls,

There is something that sickens me. It is this thing about Nigerians treating the whites like gods. It gets so bad that your fellow Nigerian would often prefer their opinion over yours even when you've both said the same thing (while nodding like idiots). Hahaha 🙄. In many cases, the "white" is also African. Lol. A South African. Smh... 

Just the other day, I listened to a friend tell me about his experience when he was out alone and how Nigerians came asking to take photos with him. He said he signed a few shirts as well. Hahahahaha. This friend is quite silly actually. Lol. But I'm sure you all get the point. It irks me.

This must be an illness of sorts. Or a complex perhaps. Why do you think "we" Africans do this? It has got to stop!

It's one of the effects of colonialism; we haven't really recovered from it.

• 10 months later...
On 3/25/2019 at 11:35 AM, kimi said:

Hello Girls,

Is in thesame vein they bring all them to this country to take jobs they know nothing about and they are being paid thousands of dollars  for.< Most especially the Lebanese and Abrab ones.

I remember when l was doing my training, how the Nigeria  guys were complaining that they do bring expatriate that knows nothing about the job to lead their teams. And they end up teaching them the job and they are being paid high in dollars than the blacks. There was even a report of one white guy that was always drunk and he has been left on the job for years without a meaningful input.

Most of this white guys don't really care about the black country they are just here to exploit. 

I was once in business with this Lebanese guy, so he invited me  for lunch in his house. When l got there, l was surprised at the state of their living. It was as if they could just pick their bags and take the next plane in case any thing goes wrong.

When l wanted to use the rest room, l was directed to a lobby. I noticed the doors of the rooms were widely open and l saw bunks in both rooms.

These guys had streams of business in and out of the state. They have been a major contractor to most oil companies but still they live more than 10 persons in 4 bed apartment. In short l grow up knowing them in that town but still they don't feel at home enough to have a proper home here. Nigeria is only a transit to them. But when Nigeria's get over there, the first thing that comes to their mind is to buy a house that they spend all their lives paying for.

• Like 1