Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Favourite Naija Accent

kimi

• Moderators

Hello Ladies, it's been a while. How are you all keeping? 

Okay, so I was listening to this guy speak and it reminded me of how much I love the British accent -specifically those from England -very clean and polished. Then I cast my mind back to Nigeria and I smiled as memories flooded my mind of accents from people I had interacted with and how a few just always fascinated me.

Care to share your favourite Naija accent(s)? 

• Moderators

I served in Benue state. 

That statement says it all and should be sufficient on it's own but y'all won't understand -the softness and the fondness that I have for those people. During my service year, I was met with such love and pleasantness. I like to call them the most content people I have ever come across. Majority may not have much but there is this sense of peace and calm and happiness about them. 

I love all the accents and the way they end most sentences with "ba"...lol. back then, I would just sit and smile as I watched them hold conversations. So yes, the people from Benue state have got my vote.

I love all Nigerian Accent.. There is something unique about hearing people speak in their different Accents.

But I'll give it to the Northerners, The educated ones. There is something very sexy about the Hausa Accent(I know not all Northerners are Hausa, but they all speak or understand Hausa) 

When they are conversing in English, its like music to my ears.. I spent my teenage and early Adult years in the North, kaduna And Abuja, and personally, I would say the Accent is Beautiful. 

The second for me would be The Igbo Accent.. "Igbotic Accent" as people jokingly call it. 

When a girl is talking to you and she Goes 'NNE, do you understand what I am saying'?  Or Nne eh! That is perfection right there😁

I had my primary school education here in Lagos, so I grew up using phrases like 'shey,  shebi, Sha, wo, etc Either as a prefix or suffix. 

I Also like Benue people. A good percentage of the population in Abuja are from Benue. Benue people are very hospitable, They speak really good and clean English, The men are handsome and the women are pretty.  But most of the men and women are promiscuous. I know there are promiscuous people everywhere, but I doff my hat for some from Benue. I know,  because I used to have so many as friends. Matter of fact, my first boy crush was from Benue. 

I might be wrong, but I think 'Ba' is a Northern thing. I picked it up when living in Abuja, and till date I don't ask a Question without ending it with ba or shebi or shey? 😀 But then, benues are everywhere in Abuja so it could have sprung from them. 

• Upvote 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Txunamy said:

But most of the men and women are promiscuous. I know there are promiscuous people everywhere, but I doff my hat for some from Benue. I know,  because I used to have so many as friends.

Hahahahaha. Spot on! They indeed are... I'm sure there are the exceptions but mehn... I salute their intense appreciation for sexual intercourse ba. Hahahahahahaha

1 hour ago, kimi said:

Hahahahaha. Spot on! They indeed are... I'm sure there are the exceptions but mehn... I salute their intense appreciation for sexual intercourse ba. Hahahahahahaha

😀😀

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Michelle said:

I love them all ❤️

Same here 🙂.

On 5/4/2019 at 1:35 PM, Txunamy said:

Ewoo! See all what I typed. I dunno when I would learn to type a few lines😂

Nah. Don't stop. I love eet!

Seriously though, I love people who are expressive. They are good storytellers. And I enjoyed your write up just above this quoted text. 

On 5/4/2019 at 1:33 PM, Txunamy said:

But I'll give it to the Northerners, The educated ones. There is something very sexy about the Hausa Accent

Yeah... I agree with you on this. I love their accent. 

4 hours ago, RayBlac said:

Nah. Don't stop. I love eet!

Seriously though, I love people who are expressive. They are good storytellers. And I enjoyed your write up just above this quoted text. 

Thanks Ray😁