Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Ellen DeGeneres Show a Filter?

kimi

• Moderators

Hey girls,

I'm hoping you are all having a restful one? 

Mehn.... so, what would you think of a Nigerian girl who says she loves watching The Ellen Degeneres Show. Would you give her a knowing look/smile? Lol. Is it something folks watch these days ?

Emphasis on Nigerian o.... 

• Moderators

SO this actually happened. I overheard a girl say she really loved the show. Mehn... I took a mental note. Lol. 

In my books, she just might be a community member. Lol. 

What do you think? 

She might not be gay. But I honestly don't know of any Nigerian straight girl who likes Ellen or watches the show. Except for my sister.. And she only watches it to indulge me..

But I know that a huge percentage of Ellen's Audience are straight people. 

1 hour ago, kimi said:

Hey girls,

I'm hoping you are all having a restful one? 

Mehn.... so, what would you think of a Nigerian girl who says she loves watching The Ellen Degeneres Show. Would you give her a knowing look/smile? Lol. Is it something folks watch these days ?

Emphasis on Nigerian o.... 

Point me in the Direction of the girl who said she loves watching Ellen. Its rare to find people like Her. Its even rare to find Nigerian lesbians that love Watching ellen. I know, because I haven't dated any. 

I'm a Nigerian lesbian and I haven't watch a single Ellen Degeneres show aside from the few clips I've seen on her IG. Don't be deceived Arch, Naija girls will watch anything entertaining. 

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Txunamy said:

Point me in the Direction of the girl who said she loves watching Ellen. Its rare to find people like Her. Its even rare to find Nigerian lesbians that love Watching ellen. I know, because I haven't dated any. 

1 minute ago, Mimy said:

I'm a Nigerian lesbian and I haven't watch a single Ellen Degeneres show aside from the few clips I've seen on her IG. Don't be deceived Arch, Naija girls will watch anything entertaining. 

These are interesting to read. Everyone I have dated loves Ellen. They may not go out of their way to watch but they will if drops on their laps. Lol. 

The straight people I know either loathe her and her show or they simply can't be bothered. 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Mimy said:

Naija girls will watch anything entertaining. 

Hahahahaha. Na wa... 

Couldn't care less about Ellen.

My girlfriend loves her though 😒

And I wouldn't read much into a Nigerian girl watching Ellen. Its a talk show with celebs or raves of the moment, what's there not to like?

1 hour ago, Mimy said:

Hahahaha! See Arch? 

44 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Couldn't care less about Ellen.

My girlfriend loves her though 😒

And I wouldn't read much into a Nigerian girl watching Ellen. Its a talk show with celebs or raves of the moment, what's there not to like?

Another one.. Hahahaha

1 hour ago, kimi said:

These are interesting to read. Everyone I have dated loves Ellen. They may not go out of their way to watch but they will if drops on their laps. Lol. 

The straight people I know either loathe her and her show or they simply can't be bothered. 

I am subscribed to her show on YouTube. I get a notification for the episodes. I watch it before it is aired on Dstv. That's how much I love Ellen Degeneres. 

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Txunamy said:

I am subscribed to her show on YouTube. I get a notification for the episodes. I watch it before it is aired on Dstv. That's how much I love Ellen Degeneres. 

Hahahahahaha. I love her relationship more I think. I don't watch... I don't watch much of anything lol

19 minutes ago, kimi said:

Hahahahahaha. I love her relationship more I think. I don't watch... I don't watch much of anything lol

😂 I think I might just be the only Nigerian lesbian that watches Ellen... No one here is a fan. Its alright, I'll wear my badge with pride. 

Perhaps they like her in secret. Her fan base is larger on the heterosexual side here...people just love her as a person.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny enough l don't see anything wrong with a Nigeria girl watching the show.

The show doesn't  feature gay issues and that is one of the reasons why parents allow their children to watch it. 

When Ellen came out, the authority insisted her show should be a night show because they felt it will be more of a gay content  but she fought hard to have it a day show.

So Ellen is very conscious of the content she features in her show. She does mostly what is generally acceptable.

So l see no reason why a Nigeria straight girl can't watch the show unless if the person is being too spiritual.😁