Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Getting Tested

kimi

• Moderators

Hey girls,

Happy May 29th. Lol. aka Inauguration day.

So... would you ask your girl to get tested? If yes, at what point in your relationship would this be?

If your asked you to go get tested, how would you feel about it. Is it something you appreciate or would you rather continue on in good faith? 

Nope. Call it being naive but I’d like to assume someone I’m dating would not put me at risk of contracting anything (unless of course she doesn’t know).

I do regular checkups and get tested a couple of times a year so I wouldn’t mind doing it. However, I would feel some type of way if she asks me to. I kind of expect her to trust that I won’t put her at risk either (maybe it’s naivety as well but yeah). So much riding on trust lol.

• Moderators

I'll totally feel some type of way but I do agree that it is an important conversation to have. I won't have any issues going for a test.

In like manner, yups. I'll request that we go get tested (if using 'we' would make it sound nicer.lol). These conversations would be had even before things start to get serious so that she sees it coming. Lol. 

I'm not sure how often on the average women go get themselves checked but for the singular reason that I do not know another's sexual history except for mine is enough justification to ask. 

2 hours ago, Damiee said:

Nope. Call it being naive but I’d like to assume someone I’m dating would not put me at risk of contracting anything (unless of course she doesn’t know).

I do regular checkups and get tested a couple of times a year so I wouldn’t mind doing it. However, I would feel some type of way if she asks me to. I kind of expect her to trust that I won’t put her at risk either (maybe it’s naivety as well but yeah). So much riding on trust lol.

I'm with you on this, but if getting tested puts her at ease I would do it.

• Like 1

How would you gals handle seeing a bump pop up on her lip when she says it's just a cold sore? I had that happen once on a 2nd date and I was just so turned off by it.

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Michelle said:

How would you gals handle seeing a bump pop up on her lip when she says it's just a cold sore? I had that happen once on a 2nd date and I was just so turned off by it.

Hahahahaha...  mehn... It would always give me a reason to second guess her. That right there is a candidate for tests. Lol.

Sometimes, people catch or have stuff they don't even know about... 😷

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Damiee said:

This seems to be quite common. I have a friend who doesn't even care. Lol. "It spoils the fun" she says.. 😐

I once mentioned getting tested to someone and she took offense. Hahahahaha. Going on and on about how she goes for regular check ups etc... I'm like, well... *confused face* lool

12 minutes ago, kimi said:

Hahahahaha...  mehn... It would always give me a reason to second guess her. That right there is a candidate for tests. Lol.

Sometimes, people catch or have stuff they don't even know about... 😷

Yup

• Like 1

I'll do Whatever my partner wants.. If she wants us to go get tested, I am down for it. If she says nothing about it, like @Damiee wrote, I'll ride on trust that she is as clean as I am.. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Michelle said:

Gross.. 

Though I have seen people with sores on their lips and they always say its because they have fever. But I can't kiss someone with that cos it 'grosses me out' Just get well first eh 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Txunamy said:

Gross.. 

Though I have seen people with sores on their lips and they always say its because they have fever. But I can't kiss someone with that cos it 'grosses me out' Just get well first eh 

Yeah... it's the same virus. Herpes 🙄 lol. -HSV Type 1

• Haha 1

On 5/29/2019 at 11:17 PM, Michelle said:

I'm with you on this, but if getting tested puts her at ease I would do it.

Yup.

On 5/30/2019 at 6:53 AM, kimi said:

This seems to be quite common. I have a friend who doesn't even care. Lol. "It spoils the fun" she says.. 😐

I once mentioned getting tested to someone and she took offense. Hahahahaha. Going on and on about how she goes for regular check ups etc... I'm like, well... *confused face* lool

Lol it does spoil the fun, if it’s a random hookup. 

On 5/30/2019 at 11:43 AM, Txunamy said:

I'll do Whatever my partner wants.. If she wants us to go get tested, I am down for it. If she says nothing about it, like @Damiee wrote, I'll ride on trust that she is as clean as I am.. 

Good girl 😊