Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

How Easy Is It For You?

kimi

• Moderators

Hi Ladies,

Personally, I don't like to advise married people. Lol. Or those in committed heterosexual relationships. Largely because I have a zero tolerance for BS and my perspective isn't always popular. From experience, some women do take a lot and "shrink" themselves for the men in the relationship. To each her own. 

Now, a good friend of mine confided in me. She is clearly hurting -this broke my heart. As a disclaimer I told her that I'm in no position to give her any advice (she laughed.lol) and so I will simply lend a listening ear and point out to her the actions that I consider unfair on both sides. 

How willing are you to advise those in committed heterosexual relationships? 

Not something I willingly do because I never take my own advice when it comes to "matters of the heart". 

I tend to just ask questions that I think may "help" them find their own "solutions".  

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Chilee said:

that I think may "help" them find their own "solutions".  

Love. 

• Like 1

No Advise whatsoever. I have been burnt a couple of times.. So these days I just drink water and mind my Business. Whenever my neighbor starts fighting with her boyfriend, I leave the house.. Life is all about choices. 

Whenever my friend complains bitterly about her relationship problems, I tell her same thing,  i don't want to get involved. 

Again, life and choices.. I choose my scene. 

Lol I'm the last person to seek relationship advise from. Heterosexual or not. Close ones know me well enough to miss me with their relationship dramas. 

I'm always willing to give advice to close friends and family members. I can be very blunt and straight to the point when it comes to tolerating negative energy. I often place myself in the shoes of the person seeking help and give advice based on how I would handle their situation...which for certain may not always be the "right" thing to do. For example, I recently had to agree with a close friend's choice in seeking to be unfaithful to his wife. In my opinion it's justified considering his particular circumstances.

l think when people are hurting, and they come to you, is good you listen and give your own honesty advice when necessary but keep you heart open and allow them make their own choice because it could be a life saver to the person in question.

Some people may be passing through depression you may never know. So l dont think is good to do the mind "my business thing". Even if is just to give them a listening ear and just a few honesty words is something.

• Upvote 1