Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

How do I tell my partner to run tests.

Starburst

Good day house, please I have been single for some time now and I'm ready for a relationship but I decided that anyone I would go into a relationship with have to run tests. Recently I treated infection and I no longer want to joke with my health cos I spent a lot of money for the tests and treatment, the pain of receiving injections for 7days is not funny also my friend is currently living in fear cos her gf donated blood and it was discovered she has Hepatitis B. Please how can I encourage my partner that we need to run tests without annoying the person. 

Health is very important,  maybe while having a conversation with her either by call or chat (chat preferably) u can chip it in n ask stylish ask her about her health history then tell her u wouldn't mind if u both go for a medical check... 

• Moderators

What I would say here is quite simple. Just tell her -tell her as it is. 

It is a very fair ask and If she loves you, she will respect your request. I honestly believe that it is crucial that people run tests if they will be getting intimate. 

I can understand why someone may take offense but she will get over it if she truly cares about you or the relationship. 

In the mean time, get all your vaccines. These things don't cost so much. Prevention is always better than cure. 

• Like 1

It's quite a sensitive issue to be honest, and I'm not sure about how best to say it without annoying the person but like everyone has pointed out, it is important that tests be carried out. 

The timing, mood, and approach are some of the things to be considered though before sharing your concerns with her.

3 hours ago, kimi said:

What I would say here is quite simple. Just tell her -tell her as it is. 

It is a very fair ask and If she loves you, she will respect your request. I honestly believe that it is crucial that people run tests if they will be getting intimate. 

I can understand why someone may take offense but she will get over it if she truly cares about you or the relationship. 

In the mean time, get all your vaccines. These things don't cost so much. Prevention is always better than cure. 

Good advice. What would be your advice to the promiscuous characters here?

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Good advice. What would be your advice to the promiscuous characters here?

I'll have to think deeply about this one but I honestly can't understand why anyone would not give priority to their health and safety. 

3 hours ago, kimi said:

I'll have to think deeply about this one but I honestly can't understand why anyone would not give priority to their health and safety. 

Just thinking of those behind the scenes cookie monsters that stay on the prowl and never post a single word.

20 hours ago, Chilee said:

It's quite a sensitive issue to be honest, and I'm not sure about how best to say it without annoying the person but like everyone has pointed out, it is important that tests be carried out. 

The timing, mood, and approach are some of the things to be considered though before sharing your concerns with her.

But why do people like to get so sensitive these days? What's sensitive in asking a potential partner: let's go run some tests before diving in? 

2 hours ago, Mimy said:

But why do people like to get so sensitive these days? What's sensitive in asking a potential partner: let's go run some tests before diving in? 

Exactly. Shouldn't be a sensitive subject. You are either clean or not.. and if your partner asks you, It shouldn't be a problem. 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Mimy said:

Egos get bruised I think. It's more an ego thing. 

• Upvote 1

For a relationship to be intimate.... I do not think theres anything wrong in running a test with ur partner... If she loves you ,she won't see it as a big deal.....you are just taking health safety measures... 

• Administrators
On 9/8/2019 at 10:44 AM, Starburst said:

Good day house, please I have been single for some time now and I'm ready for a relationship but I decided that anyone I would go into a relationship with have to run tests. Recently I treated infection and I no longer want to joke with my health cos I spent a lot of money for the tests and treatment, the pain of receiving injections for 7days is not funny also my friend is currently living in fear cos her gf donated blood and it was discovered she has Hepatitis B. Please how can I encourage my partner that we need to run tests without annoying the person. 

I think it is very important to do this, and the conversation should be straightforward. I would just politely say a requirement of mine is exchanging test results, if you dont mind.

• Administrators
On 9/9/2019 at 11:23 AM, Mimy said:

Right?