Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Support System

kimi

• Moderators

A topic finally. Lol.

Do you consider yourself as having a strong support system?

Who would you share your greatest news with? 

Who would you turn to if you needed to just cry and get things off your chest?

Yay💃

Yes, I do. That's the one thing I can boast of at the moment; I've been blessed with really amazing people.

Hhhmmm...my sisters

A particular friend; we've been friends for a long time and she's very open-minded.

What about you @kimi?

• Moderators

Yaaay right back. Lol 🙄

Yes I do as well. I'm quite fortunate. 

For great, family first. Lol.

For sad, my childhood friend first. 

11 hours ago, kimi said:

Who would you turn to if you needed to just cry and get things off your chest?

Nobody cos everyone around me, thinks I got everything going well for me and should not have a reason to cry..  And funny enough, I put up the hard geh facade a lot.  So, whenever i feel a need to cry or get things off my chest, i do with strangers. If only the ones who'd a least allow me break in front of them weren't miles away... Then maybe..  You know, talking these sort of things on the phone don't do enough justice in the expression of how you really feel inside.

11 hours ago, kimi said:

Who would you share your greatest news with? 

Family. They are my number one fans. 

11 hours ago, kimi said:

Do you consider yourself as having a strong support system.

In a way, yes . 

No I don't even have a support system let alone a strong one. I'm so alone in this world. 

No one. I'd say my mom. I know she will do anything for me but there are lots of things I can't really open up to her. The last time I tried, she was so devastated and blamed everything on herself for failing me as a parent. I hated myself for making her feel that way. So I bottled everything up now. 

During really trying times, I just sleep and hope I don't wake up but I kept waking and it doesn't seem like I'm going anytime soon. So I get used to being around and suck it up and keep going. 

25 minutes ago, Mimy said:

No I don't even have a support system let alone a strong one. I'm so alone in this world. 

No one. I'd say my mom. I know she will do anything for me but there are lots of things I can't really open up to her. The last time I tried, she was so devastated and blamed everything on herself for failing me as a parent. I hated myself for making her feel that way. So I bottled everything up now. 

During really trying times, I just sleep and hope I don't wake up but I kept waking and it doesn't seem like I'm going anytime soon. So I get used to being around and suck it up and keep going. 

Sad Best Friends GIF by Lisa Vertudaches

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Mimy said:

We are always here for you Mimy and I mean it. Hugs xx

• Thanks 1

Yes I do

Used to be my mum, but these days, My siblings, and friends, and my mum too. I still talk to her picture.. Lol

My friend from high school, my mum again.. My siblings are clowns, they don't take anything serious, which is a good thing I guess, but I'd rather not talk to them when I am sad. 

5 hours ago, Mimy said:

"No man is an island" you are not alone, you shouldn't have to be alone. Always reach out. And hey, like kimi said, we are all here for you. 

• Thanks 1

Has to be my friends. Both good and bad news, its them.

It would be my mum but she's a worrier. Can't have her worrying about me. My brothers are well, my brothers.

But I tell my mum all my good news sha. Sometimes even before they happen. Woman will now start calling me upandan asking "how far how far how far".

Me: mummy leave me alone, I for no just tell you 😒

My mum: ah sorry oh, I won't ask again

*rinse and repeat*

My support system is solid.

I can share good news with just about anyone.

I'm not a crier, but I have a small circle of friends and family members(4) that I can share anything with.

• 3 weeks later...