Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Let's Have a Conversation Around Homosexuality

kimi

• Moderators

Hi Ladies...

I am always pondering one thought or the other. Last night, I stumbled on a plethora of posts/comments on social that got me thinking. 

Are homosexuals in particular (and in general) more "damaged" than the average heterosexual. 

What are your thoughts?

10 hours ago, kimi said:

Hi Ladies...

I am always pondering one thought or the other. Last night, I stumbled on a plethora of posts/comments on social that got me thinking. 

Are homosexuals in particular (and in general) more "damaged" than the average heterosexual. 

What are your thoughts?

Finding it a bit difficult to understand the context; is it in terms of mental health issues or lived experiences that led to certain attitudes/behaviour change, etc?

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Chilee said:

Finding it a bit difficult to understand the context; is it in terms of mental health issues or lived experiences that led to certain attitudes/behaviour change, etc?

Haaa Professor Chilee. Lol. I think the context was one of mental health. 

I think lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people may be more susceptible to mental health problems than heterosexual people due to a range of factors which we all know. 

10 hours ago, kimi said:

Haaa Professor Chilee. Lol. I think the context was one of mental health. 

Lol...

For mental health issues, I think everyone experiences it the same, regardless of their sexuality.

Sadly, in Nigeria and other countries where homosexuality is still criminalised, queer folks who are not out to anyone may tend to experience mental breakdowns as a result of not being able to express themselves. 

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Chilee said:

Lol...

For mental health issues, I think everyone experiences it the same, regardless of their sexuality.

Sadly, in Nigeria and other countries where homosexuality is still criminalised, queer folks who are not out to anyone may tend to experience mental breakdowns as a result of not being able to express themselves. 

Very true.

I don't believe there is a difference. My hetero friends and family member have encountered more crazy than I, but I have good radar for crazy...I ghost at the first hint.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, dequeen said:

I don't think anyone is more "damaged" than the other. I just feel the pressures are different for both. 

Welcome back ma. Lol. Thanks for stopping by 🙄

On 9/15/2019 at 5:44 AM, Chilee said:

Lol...

I agree with your line of thought👍

21 hours ago, MENA said:

Cheating is never done until you are being caught then comes the reality 😁

I didn't even know how l drop this here it was suppose to be on "what's on your mind trend".

1 hour ago, Mimy said:

Dem catch you ba 😂

Naah!!🤣

We done grow pass this one nah, I was actually seeing the movie "concussion" when l dropped this one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2019 at 4:59 PM, MENA said:

Naah!!🤣

We done grow pass this one nah, I was actually seeing the movie "concussion" when l dropped this one.

Me too! I'm all grown now. Bear bear don show for everywhere. Simbi is now a woman.  

Most times u keep ur hurting to ursef becos u dont want society to see u as insane or mentally challenged....the next question is how can u be loving same sex....they will now suggest ....haaa my sister u need deliverance ooo....so its better u keep ur mouth shut and deal with it alone