Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Lesbian Bride price.

Cutie

I definitely do have some wild thoughts going on in my head😂😂😂.

I have never seen this topic discussed before and it is with great pleasure I will be the first to do so. 

So have been thinking, do lesbian pay bride price??  Owing to the fact that we are both female and all that. Who pays who, or do they even pay at all. 

Assuming it was legalized to get married to your fellow female in Nigeria. Would both pay each other bride price or we just skip to the main event (White wedding). 

Lemme hear your thoughts on this one.

Don't forget to tune in to NL FM every day. Still your cute host Estar 😍.

• Like 1

I'll totally pay just to show off 😁 

When they bring list, I'll be like "is this all?.. These people don't seem to understand what I'm getting 😁😁😁 

But yeah, bride prices are problematic as they currently are and should be scrapped. Or adjusted. There should be no exchange of gifts between families, whether symbolic or whatever. 

Die it.

What would be nice would be an exchange of the intended couple between families. The way they take the girl and put her on the groom's fathers laps is the same way they would take the boy and put him on the brides mother's laps. And then dance dance dance 😁😁😁

• Moderators

I love the enitire concept. I love to preserve the cultural heritage. Lol. 

I would love to pay for hers and I would love for her to pay for mine as well. Just for the fun of it, nothing expensive. Lol

47 minutes ago, kimi said:

I love the enitire concept. I love to preserve the cultural heritage. Lol. 

I would love to pay for hers and I would love for her to pay for mine as well. Just for the fun of it, nothing expensive. Lol

Well, considering "our" relationships aren't as stressed by patriarchy as hetero marriages, it actually would be nice and fun. I think about it sometimes... I would like to have a traditional wedding. With the canopies and the aso oke and the palmwine and the live band and the dancing... 🤷 But oh well

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Hawken said:

I would like to have a traditional wedding. With the canopies and the aso oke and the palmwine and the live band and the dancing... 🤷 But oh well

Hahahahaha. You simply need an excuse to attend an owambe and to drink palm wine and to do the atilogwu dance 🙃

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kimi said:

Hahahahaha. You simply need an excuse to attend an owambe and to drink palm wine and to do the atilogwu dance 🙃

Yes 😂😂

So technically I am to walk my bestie in LGBT matters down the altar when the time comes (wiping a tear). I have promised her better half I dont intend to inflate the bride price 🤣. Still 🤔on what should be on the list.

22 hours ago, kimi said:

😂 

We can pay for each other just for the fun of it...goes to show how truly insignificant the entire concept is 🤣

The will actually be fun. 😀

My ex once asked me when will l go and pay her bride price? And l told her l have sent wrapper to your mother to show my intentions which l actually did.😀