Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Friends coming through.

Cutie

My birthday which was on the 18th of April wasn't really anything to write home about due to the lockdown. And then even if there wasn't any, it would not have been any fun(I can be boring ).

The only thing that made my day was the fact that my friend thought it good in her heart to send me money even without me asking or expecting her too. No friend has ever done that for me.  We have barely known each other for a year and she could do that. I was shocked. 

Though we met during the ending of my service year. She was posted to where I was and since then we have been inseperable. A good friend indeed.

I know we all have friends that we roll and hang out with, friends that invites us to parties and all that crazy shit. But do we really have friends that come through for us when we are down, feeling discouraged, provide us with jobs connect and info, visit us when we are sick, send money without you asking when you're broke, do little things that matter the most, do we really have such friends??

If your answer is yes, then my dear your on the right side of life. I don't really have friends, but when I do I am sure to keep the ones that wouldn't let me down when I need them. 

It's not all about having a group of friends but having someone who got your back no matter what. 

Keeps friends that won't get jealous when you start to succeed, that won't complain that you don't call them and all that because they know you always have them in your heart.

Keep friends that will always come through.👌