Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

The Struggle To Stay Fit and Healthy

kimi

• Moderators

Now, this is work. It is a whole lot of work to be consistent at this.

During the lockdown, it was easy and it was fun. I stuck to my daily ritual and hardly ever missed a day of exercise. But these days.... *sighs*

Well, the good part is that I am back on track. Started last week and I've not missed a day (yet). Lol. 

I think your 30s are an interesting period. It is the period your body just goes on to do its own thing e.g. adding weight at will. Hahahaha. I wonder why it is called middle age. Lol. Shouldn't middle age be 40s or 50s and perhaps 20s for Nigerians (who live in the cities). Lol. 

• Moderators

Today, I had a master plan. Lol. I slept off yesterday dreaming of the treat I was going to give myself today. I wasn't sure if I was going to do yogurt or ice cream (even though I am lactose intolerant. Lol). Then I had plans to get a box of pizza -and all of this was to reward myself for keeping fit.

Well... the universe had other plans. I forgot my nosemask at home and I didn't remember till I was half way into the journey. Sighs.. 

I settled from Fayrouz anyways and pako biscuit from a kiosk. Lol. Because it's one of the few places that would attend to me without my mask on. 

Yeah.... so I bought 10 pako biscuits. 1 for the moment, 1 for the road and the remaining 8 for my spirit guides. Hahahahaha.